Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McCourty worst CB in the league (shocking, i know)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300384]Regardless, I'd rather have McCourty and the conference leading team than Revis and a team in the bottom third of the league.[/QUOTE]

Bottom 3rd of the league? What team is that? Not the Jets.

But, again, you add to the hilarity. Not an issue of [B]teams[/B], but of individual players. Would you rather have Wilson or McCourty at this point? That would be a better discussion. Or talk about comparing defenses. Or something, other than simply spewing out "Yeah, but our team has a better record at the moment than your team, so nah nah nah." :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=SDJETS;4300388]Bottom 3rd of the league? What team is that? Not the Jets.

But, again, you add to the hilarity. Not an issue of [B]teams[/B], but of individual players. Would you rather have Wilson or McCourty at this point? That would be a better discussion. Or talk about comparing defenses. Or something, other than simply spewing out "Yeah, but our team has a better record at the moment than your team, so nah nah nah." :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Correct. I should have said botton half of the league.

Ummm....TEAMS win championships, no? Not individual players or even defenses without offenses. But to answer your irrelevant question, I'd rather have the Wilson of THIS year, and LAST year I'd rather have McCourty by a mile. I'm guessing over time that things will even out and Wilson won't suck as bad as he did last season and McCourty will get better than he was this year (especially if he gets healthy).
    Last edited by GronkWelkhead; 12-31-2011 at 08:31 PM.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300314]Love to see you name the only 2 or 3 players you deem "good" on the Pats.[/QUOTE]

Brady, Gronkowski, welker, Wilfork, maybe Mayo and maybe Chung and an O-lineman or 2 are the only guys that could start for the Jets, and TE Jets are a 9-7 team so they don't have many good players. Great coaching though.

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;4300409]Brady, Gronkowski, welker, Wilfork, maybe Mayo and maybe Chung and an O-lineman or 2 are the only guys that could start for the Jets, and TE Jets are a 9-7 team so they don't have many good players. Great coaching though.[/QUOTE]

LMAO....you listed 8 there, not two or three. And I think you left out a few. like Hernadez, Carter, our two kickers, and a few others. Funny how the Jets have so much more talent than the Pats yet they couldn't win a game against them, or any other .500+ team (but one) all season.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetliner;4300146]You'd die to get a cb 1/2 as good:)[/QUOTE]

No question about that! :yes:

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300415]I agree the Jets have so much more talent than the Pats that's why I post here.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for hanging with us!!

[QUOTE=JetsFanatic;4300425]Thanks for hanging with us!! YES...Homo! I like men.[/QUOTE]

Faking a quote is bad form dude. See?

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300428]Faking a quote is bad form dude. See?[/QUOTE]

I don't care, I'm not homophobic!! I love the Jets!!! Fake whatever you want!! You certainly fake your knowledge of football. Besides you're the one with Pee Wee Herman, (or is that Martin Short?) on your avatar!
    Last edited by JetsFanatic; 12-31-2011 at 10:14 PM.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4299949]almost as shocking as finding out revis again is the best in the league

[url]http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/early-look-2011-cb-charting[/url]

[CODE]Top 12 CB in Success Rate, 2011 (through Week 13)
    Player Team Passes Suc% Yd/Pass Avg Dist YAC
    D.Revis NYJ 30 73% 3.0 17.1 2.2
    J.Greer NO 63 71% 5.6 11.2 7.1
    I.Taylor PIT 72 70% 4.9 13.7 2.6
    R.Sherman SEA 49 69% 6.1 13.4 3.0
    A.Samuel PHI 55 67% 4.5 14.8 2.2
    S.Routt OAK 58 67% 4.8 10.9 2.7
    D.Patterson CLE 34 67% 5.9 9.3 4.7
    J.Wilson WAS 53 66% 5.9 12.5 3.3
    C.Finnegan TEN 40 65% 4.0 7.2 2.9
    R.Mathis JAC 34 65% 9.1 13.3 5.9
    B.Grimes ATL 44 64% 6.5 14.8 5.2
    C.Gamble CAR 35 63% 6.8 11.7 3.1 [/CODE]

[CODE]Top 12 CB in Yards per Pass, 2011 (through Week 13)
    Player Team Passes Yd/Pass Suc% Avg Dist YAC
    D.Revis NYJ 30 3.0 73% 17.1 2.2
    C.Finnegan TEN 40 4.0 65% 7.2 2.9
    A.Samuel PHI 55 4.5 67% 14.8 2.2
    A.Verner TEN 32 4.6 59% 10.1 3.0
    C.Culliver SF 28 4.7 57% 11.3 1.2
    S.Routt OAK 58 4.8 67% 10.9 2.7
    I.Taylor PIT 72 4.9 70% 13.7 2.6
    D.Coleman JAC 31 5.6 60% 8.8 3.8
    A.Talib TB 40 5.6 60% 13.3 4.2
    J.Greer NO 63 5.6 71% 11.2 7.1
    W.Gay PIT 40 5.7 50% 8.5 3.2
    D.Patterson CLE 34 5.9 67% 9.3 4.7 [/CODE]

[CODE]Bottom 12 CB in Success Rate, 2011 (through Week 13)
    Player Team Passes Suc% Yd/Pass Avg Dist YAC
    A.Allen MIN 32 25% 9.9 11.6 3.4
    J.Lacey IND 33 29% 9.5 10.1 3.0
    D.Hall WAS 53 36% 11.1 9.2 5.3
    C.Griffin MIN 45 37% 10.4 12.3 4.2
    K.Lewis PIT 34 38% 6.0 10.3 1.0
    S.Shields GB 40 39% 9.4 14.0 3.4
    E.J.Biggers TB 50 40% 9.8 13.4 5.1
    Q.Jammer SD 38 40% 8.7 12.4 2.1
    C.Harris DEN 28 42% 7.7 7.5 2.8
    J.King STL 53 43% 10.3 13.1 4.7
    D.McCourty NE 59 43% 10.7 12.3 3.9
    A.Cason SD 51 43% 7.0 12.1 2.6 [/CODE]

[CODE]Bottom 12 CB in Yards per Pass, 2011 (through Week 13)
    Player Team Passes Yd/Pass Suc% Avg Dist YAC
    L.McKelvin BUF 33 11.4 58% 19.4 3.9
    D.Hall WAS 53 11.1 36% 9.2 5.3
    D.McCourty NE 59 10.7 43% 12.3 3.9
    A.Ross NYG 46 10.5 45% 13.5 4.0
    C.Griffin MIN 45 10.4 37% 12.3 4.2
    J.King STL 53 10.3 43% 13.1 4.7
    A.Allen MIN 32 9.9 25% 11.6 3.4
    D.Florence BUF 35 9.8 46% 13.6 5.6
    E.J.Biggers TB 50 9.8 40% 13.4 5.1
    T.Williams GB 67 9.7 52% 14.3 5.1
    J.Lacey IND 33 9.5 29% 10.1 3.0
    B.Flowers KC 56 9.5 56% 16.3 3.5 [/CODE]

im surprised kyle arrington didnt make the list. hes the only corner i know thats as terrible as mccourty is. funny how theyre playing on the same team. :yes:

by the way those stats dont even include the jets / giants game where revis was beastin again. also those numbers dont include the pats / fins game where marshall was raping mccourty. :yes:

so the actual numbers look even better. better for revis. much worse for the two ****ty corners in NE[/QUOTE]

Also note that all these stats showing Revis has been far and away the best corner in the league over the last 3 years dont take into account what the stats can't; the quality of the receivers the corners are facing. Revis continually has the toughest matchups, and most infrequently has safety help. There was a stat for last year proving that Revis had safety help less than any other corner in the league.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4299996]Congratulations to the Jets!!! Jets win again, Patriots lose!!!!!!

New England Patriots- 13-3 and #1 seed in the AFC
    New York Jets- 8-8 or 9-7 and tied for the 9th seed in the AFC

Doesn't mean anything though, the Jets have a better corner than the Patriots who takes out one player on the other team's offense, nevermind the fact that the Patriots have an infinitely better quarterback and 9 better other weapons on the offense than the Jets, but at least the Jets have one guy that can take one player out on the Patriots. Meanwhile the Patriots get ready for another Super Bowl run, and the Jets are getting ready to probably get run out of Miami. Yippeeeee![/QUOTE]

Holy chit! WTF! are you for real? you must be a wanna be Jet fan
    or a pats fan go **** youself, *****, no wait a sec. go play on the
    lower deck of the GWB motherfuggin ho! dont make me come up there
    and slap the chit outta you tramp!

All League
    McCourty is not the worst corner in the league. He's not who I would choose at corner, but he's not the worst in the league. Nor do the numbers the OP cited even support his claim.

Given the evidence presented in this thread there are two things that are fairly proven:

1. Revis is the best corner in the league.

2. The OP cannot read and interpret a simple table of statistics.

Phail.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300415] Funny how the Jets have so much more talent than the Pats yet they couldn't win a game against them, or any other .500+ team (but one) all season.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

It is funny. Shows how a great QB and Coaching can cover things up... Until playoff time of course.

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300415]LMAO....you listed 8 there, not two or three. And I think you left out a few. like Hernadez, Carter, our two kickers, and a few others. Funny how the Jets have so much more talent than the Pats yet they couldn't win a game against them, or any other .500+ team (but one) all season.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    please. hernandez is a backup, hes no better than any of the other young talented TE's (rookies or 2nd year guys) in the league. and gronk, just like welker, is a product of your offense. those guys wouldnt do **** elsewhere, and they can be replaced by anyone. andre carter is just a boob.

we're talking about elite guys here that cant be replaced just like that. do the pats have those guys? to me its just brady and wilfork. the rest can be easily replaced. the jets have at least 3, revis, mangold and harris.

talent doesnt get you a ring unfortunately unless you play smart and have a great scheme. the jets dont have any of that. if you changed OC's on our team and if they started playing smart football (run a lot, throw a little & let the defense do the rest) we'd be a lot closer to the SB than we are now. but we have dumb coaches/coordinators. and thats really foundation where it all starts. if you dont have a solid foundation it doesnt matter how many talented players you have, you'll set yourself up for an embarrassing season. just look at the eagles.

[QUOTE=Gastineau99;4300479]It is funny. Shows how a great QB and Coaching can cover things up... Until playoff time of course.[/QUOTE]

If it weren't for Brady....See the Indianapolis Colts.:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4300058]In a season where our Jets got our a$$es handed to them not once, but twice, by the Patsies, I find it quite embarrassing that someone needs to run their mouths about ONE player being better than a NE player.

This thread epitomizes grasping at straws.

Face the facts Jets fans...

The Jets SUCK, nothing better than a middle of the road average team. A team that could easily be beaten by the top 15 to 20 teams in the league.

Remember what Parcells said? You are what your record says you are. 8-8 or 9-7?? I'd say that's pretty damn disappointing.

We went from being a legitimate title contender to a very average team that is only a couple more bad players from being 4-12 again.

Very, Very, VERY disappointing. And have no choice but to look straight at Rex Ryan as the reason.[/QUOTE]

THIS is exactly right. In fact...we are lucky to be 8-8. We should have lost to the Cowboys. This team is not good and is poorly coached and has personnel issues that were coming for 2 years and little was done about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300415]LMAO....you listed 8 there, not two or three. And I think you left out a few. like Hernadez, Carter, our two kickers, and a few others. Funny how the Jets have so much more talent than the Pats yet they couldn't win a game against them, or any other .500+ team (but one) all season.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

We liked you better as Vinny!;)

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4300496]please. hernandez is a backup, hes no better than any of the other young talented TE's (rookies or 2nd year guys) in the league. and gronk, just like welker, is a product of your offense. those guys wouldnt do **** elsewhere, and they can be replaced by anyone. andre carter is just a boob.

we're talking about elite guys here that cant be replaced just like that. do the pats have those guys? to me its just brady and wilfork. the rest can be easily replaced. the jets have at least 3, revis, mangold and harris.

talent doesnt get you a ring unfortunately unless you play smart and have a great scheme. the jets dont have any of that. if you changed OC's on our team and if they started playing smart football (run a lot, throw a little & let the defense do the rest) we'd be a lot closer to the SB than we are now. but we have dumb coaches/coordinators. and thats really foundation where it all starts. if you dont have a solid foundation it doesnt matter how many talented players you have, you'll set yourself up for an embarrassing season. just look at the eagles.[/QUOTE]

This post is really stupid. Hernadez is a backup ? So that means you can name 32 TEs better than him. Gronk is unbelievable he is a great player (1st one BB drafted in awhile). If it was the system how come Watson Graham and whoever they had a TE never did anything. They are other idiotic comments that aren't worth addressing.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4300496]please. hernandez is a backup, hes no better than any of the other young talented TE's (rookies or 2nd year guys) in the league. and gronk, just like welker, is a product of your offense. those guys wouldnt do **** elsewhere, and they can be replaced by anyone. andre carter is just a boob.

talent doesnt get you a ring unfortunately unless you play smart and have a great scheme. the jets dont have any of that. if you changed OC's on our team and if they started playing smart football (run a lot, throw a little & let the defense do the rest) we'd be a lot closer to the SB than we are now. but we have dumb coaches/coordinators. and thats really foundation where it all starts. if you dont have a solid foundation it doesnt matter how many talented players you have, you'll set yourself up for an embarrassing season. just look at the eagles.[/QUOTE]

Besides Revis, name one elite player on the Jets. If you're saying Mankins isn't, then Mangold can't be. D'Brick? Yeah, right... Pace? ROFL.... Who? Harris is your second best d player and I wouldn't put him above Mayo. Who is "Elite"? Remember, you're defining it by saying only Brady and Wilfork...

Revis is the best corner...no doubt. The drop off after Revis is steep though. You are what your record says you are....

There are lots of reasonable people on this board that could argue one player vs another between the Jets and Pats but that's just dumb.
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 01-01-2012 at 08:58 AM.

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4300516]Besides Revis, name one elite player on the Jets. If you're saying Mankins isn't, then Mangold can't be. D'Brick? Yeah, right... Pace? ROFL.... Who? Harris is your second best d player and I wouldn't put him above Mayo. Who is "Elite"? Remember, you're defining it by saying only Brady and Wilfork...

Revis is the best corner...no doubt. The drop off after Revis is steep though. You are what your record says you are....

There are lots of reasonable people on this board that could argue one player vs another between the Jets and Pats but that's just dumb.[/QUOTE]

The Jets aren't all that talented. Revis and Mangold are elite. Harris, Cromartie and D'Brick are really good players.

Overall, the talent level on the Pats and Jets are about equal. There's a huge gap in the QBs, which probably explains for the difference in success/records.

And just for the record, Kyle Wilson is NOT better than McCourty. Wilson isn't matched up on the other team's best or even second best receiver each week. The one time he was matched up against a starting receiver this year (Cruz), he was destroyed.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=CleatMarks;4300516]Besides Revis, name one elite player on the Jets. If you're saying Mankins isn't, then Mangold can't be. D'Brick? Yeah, right... Pace? ROFL.... Who? Harris is your second best d player and I wouldn't put him above Mayo. Who is "Elite"? Remember, you're defining it by saying only Brady and Wilfork...

[B]There are lots of reasonable people[/B] on this board that could argue one player vs another between the Jets and Pats but that's just dumb.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying we dont have an elite QB? You cant spell Elite without..... oh wait thats the other team.;)

Really? LOTS of reasonable people? Really?:D Perhaps the thread on mescalin would appeal to you. (lol)

GOOD post BTW! Go jets!