Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: McCourty worst CB in the league (shocking, i know)

[QUOTE=detectivekimble;4300517]The Jets aren't all that talented. Revis and Mangold are elite. Harris, Cromartie and D'Brick are really good players.

Overall, the talent level on the Pats and Jets are about equal. There's a huge gap in the QBs, which probably explains for the difference in success/records.

And just for the record, Kyle Wilson is NOT better than McCourty. Wilson isn't matched up on the other team's best or even second best receiver each week. The one time he was matched up against a starting receiver this year (Cruz), he was destroyed.[/QUOTE]

That's a reasonable statement and I agree with it. I do think there is talent on both teams and a lot of it is comparable. McCourty has been a huge disappointment this year but that entire statement I previously responeded to was either written under a drunken stubor or done as an inflamatory statement.

The Patriots certainly have their issues but are the Patriots issues any worse than what the Jets face this year? Both teams are pretty flawed.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4300496]please. hernandez is a backup, hes no better than any of the other young talented TE's (rookies or 2nd year guys) in the league. and gronk, just like welker, is a product of your offense. those guys wouldnt do **** elsewhere, and they can be replaced by anyone. andre carter is just a boob.

we're talking about elite guys here that cant be replaced just like that. do the pats have those guys? to me its just brady and wilfork. the rest can be easily replaced. the jets have at least 3, revis, mangold and harris.

talent doesnt get you a ring unfortunately unless you play smart and have a great scheme. the jets dont have any of that. if you changed OC's on our team and if they started playing smart football (run a lot, throw a little & let the defense do the rest) we'd be a lot closer to the SB than we are now. but we have dumb coaches/coordinators. and thats really foundation where it all starts. if you dont have a solid foundation it doesnt matter how many talented players you have, you'll set yourself up for an embarrassing season. just look at the eagles.[/QUOTE]

First, Hernandez is a starter. The Pats use a two TE formation as their base.

Second, as the second TE on the team, Hernandez is out performing every receiver on the Jets including Dustin Keller. Hernandez missed two games due to injuries and still has more catches than Keller, yards, and the same amount of TDs. Hernandez would be the #1 TE on most teams probably even the Jets. BTW, the mediots universally stated that Hernandez was one of the biggest Pro Bowl snubs and not Keller.

Third, Hernandez is a top 5-10 TE in this league. He is sixth in yards for a TE (again while missing two games) while Keller is seventh being Sanchez's favorite target. He fifth in receptions (Keller is 11th).

Yes, McCourty is having a horrible year, but Hernandez would be a the primary TE on most teams including the Jets.

As for Carter, he is a better outside guy (before his injury) than the Jets have. He allowed the Pats to pressure the QB with a four man rush with some consistency. Guy like Pace can't do that with the blitz.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 01-01-2012 at 09:25 AM.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4300519]Are you saying we dont have an elite QB? You cant spell Elite without..... oh wait thats the other team.;)

Really? LOTS of reasonable people? Really?:D Perhaps the thread on mescalin would appeal to you. (lol)

GOOD post BTW! Go jets![/QUOTE]

Trust me, I don't go near certain threads and not after a Jets loss. I'd rather wait until people are calm enough to start using logic again. It's no different on any board though ;)

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4300520]That's a reasonable statement and I agree with it. I do think there is talent on both teams and a lot of it is comparable. McCourty has been a huge disappointment this year but that entire statement I previously responeded to was either written under a drunken stubor or done as an inflamatory statement.

The Patriots certainly have their issues but are the Patriots issues any worse than what the Jets face this year? Both teams are pretty flawed.[/QUOTE]

Flaws can be covered up by a great QB. That's the big difference.

There are a lot of "good" players on the Jets defense and you can definitely win a SB with that unit. The offense is a mess, though. I have no idea what it is, but my guess is that it's mostly personnel. The parts just don't mix.

For the most part, though, people are homers. On here, they'll tell you Kyle Wilson is better than McCourty, Holmes is better than Welker, Gronk is a JAG who plays with Brady, etc.

[QUOTE=Rob0729;4300522]First, Hernandez is a starter. The Pats use a two TE formation as their base.

Second, as the second TE on the team, Hernandez is out performing every receiver on the Jets including Dustin Keller. Hernandez missed two games due to injuries and still has more catches than Keller, yards, and the same amount of TDs. Hernandez would be the #1 TE on most teams probably even the Jets.

Third, Hernandez is a top 5-10 TE in this league. He is sixth in yards for a TE (again while missing two games) while Keller is seventh being Sanchez's favorite target. He fifth in receptions (Keller is 11th).

Yes, McCourty is having a horrible year, but Hernandez would be a the primary TE on most teams including the Jets.

As for Carter, he is a better outside guy (before his injury) than the Jets have. He allowed the Pats to pressure the QB with a four man rush with some consistency. Guy like Pace can't do that with the blitz.[/QUOTE]

hernandez a top 5-10 TE? better than keller? what are you smoking? early in the season he was dropping everything thrown his direction so give me a break.

dont base everything off of receiving yards or catches. of course hes got a lot of yards and catches, look whos throwing the ball in his direction. on this team he would backup keller and probably have around 20-30 catches.

carter had a way better season than pace did, i dont think anybody denies that fact. half of his sack total however came in one game against the jets vs our ****ty RT (hunter). lets not act like he's the next suggs or ware

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4300525]hernandez a top 5-10 TE? better than keller? what are you smoking? early in the season he was dropping everything thrown his direction so give me a break.

dont base everything off of receiving yards or catches. of course hes got a lot of yards and catches, look whos throwing the ball in his direction. on this team he would backup keller and probably have around 20-30 catches.

carter had a way better season than pace did, i dont think anybody denies that fact. half of his sack total however came in one game against the jets vs our ****ty RT (hunter). lets not act like he's the next suggs or ware[/QUOTE]

Hernandez is a top 5-10 TE. He has better numbers than Keller as a back up. Do I think he's better than Keller? No. I think they're about equal. I think the difference is production is because of the QBs.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4300525]hernandez a top 5-10 TE? better than keller? what are you smoking? early in the season he was dropping everything thrown his direction so give me a break.

carter had a way better season than pace did, i dont think anybody denies that fact. half of his sack total however came in one game against the jets vs our ****ty RT (hunter). lets not act like he's the next suggs or ware[/QUOTE]

I am smoking the facts. You telling Keller hasn't dropped a lot of passes this year? Keller is Sanchez's safety blanket and favorite target. Hernandez is Brady's third or fourth favorite receiver. You can't watch Hernandez play and say he isn't a top TE. He is almost as uncover able at times tas Gronkowski.

Never said that Carter was a top pass rusher. That wasn't the argument. I was responding to the argument that he wasn't good. He is better than what the Jets have in a similar position.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;4300496]please. hernandez is a backup, hes no better than any of the other young talented TE's (rookies or 2nd year guys) in the league. and gronk, just like welker, is a product of your offense. those guys wouldnt do **** elsewhere, and they can be replaced by anyone. andre carter is just a boob.

we're talking about elite guys here that cant be replaced just like that. do the pats have those guys? to me its just brady and wilfork. the rest can be easily replaced. the jets have at least 3, revis, mangold and harris.

talent doesnt get you a ring unfortunately unless you play smart and have a great scheme. the jets dont have any of that. if you changed OC's on our team and if they started playing smart football (run a lot, throw a little & let the defense do the rest) we'd be a lot closer to the SB than we are now. but we have dumb coaches/coordinators. and thats really foundation where it all starts. if you dont have a solid foundation it doesnt matter how many talented players you have, you'll set yourself up for an embarrassing season. just look at the eagles.[/QUOTE]

Such an ignorant statement, but others have refuted most of it so I'll only state this: Welker and Gronk may not be #1 in the nfl at their positions without a Brady throwing to them, but Welker is #1 in yards after the catch, and Gronk is #5 in YAC. So what, is Brady out there blocking for them too?:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4300537]Such an ignorant statement, but others have refuted most of it so I'll only state this: Welker and Gronk may not be #1 in the nfl at their positions without a Brady throwing to them, but Welker is #1 in yards after the catch, and Gronk is #5 in YAC. So what, is Brady out there blocking for them too?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

ANY JET fan who trashes what Gronk and Welker have done us simply an A$$. Gronk is a BEAST!

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4300541]ANY JET fan who trashes what Gronk and Welker have done us simply an A$$. Gronk is a BEAST![/QUOTE]

It's pretty hard to deny Gronk when you see him carrying people down field each game and people bouncing off him.

It's pretty funny to watch though.

What do you expect from a guy who used to play a game with his (NFL) brothers called "Zoom" where they would put pillows under their shirt and run at each other as hard as they could to see who would get knocked out first? ROFL

[QUOTE=CleatMarks;4300516]Besides Revis, name one elite player on the Jets. If you're saying Mankins isn't, then Mangold can't be. D'Brick? Yeah, right... Pace? ROFL.... Who? Harris is your second best d player and I wouldn't put him above Mayo. Who is "Elite"? Remember, you're defining it by saying only Brady and Wilfork...

Revis is the best corner...no doubt. The drop off after Revis is steep though. You are what your record says you are....

There are lots of reasonable people on this board that could argue one player vs another between the Jets and Pats but that's just dumb.[/QUOTE]

Lol at comparing Mankins and Mangold.

Mangold is the best offensive lineman in football. That would make him elite...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4300641]Lol at comparing Mankins and Mangold.

Mangold is the best offensive lineman in football. That would make him elite...[/QUOTE]

He is?

Mangold is the best offensive lineman in football. That would make him elite...[/QUOTE]

Lol at Mangold is best OL in NFL.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    McCourty with a key interception today. Pats going to for top seed in AFC.

But he sucks, so, yeah.

ROFL

You're kidding right? You can make an argument for center but not for lineman... if you think so, you probably think the Jets still have a shot at Super Bowl. ROFL

[QUOTE=FF2;4301945]McCourty with a key interception today. Pats going to for top seed in AFC.

But he sucks, so, yeah.[/QUOTE]
    totally makes up for an entire season where he was getting toasted

also he should thank god stevie johnson got himself benched. he was already beating arrington like a drum before they benched him for his TD celebration

McCourty will be doing something Revis won't.

Playing in the playoffs.

bump for Jets fans who are thankful that we have ONE player that's better than another given player on the Patriots! Congratulations to us!!!!!!