Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFAN Paige: "How Woody might fire Rex by mid season '12"

WFAN Paige: "How Woody might fire Rex by mid season '12"

Tony Paige: "If Rex is going to keep Schottenheimer, and if the Jets look very bad tomorrow against the Dolphins, particularly on offense, and if they get off to a (say) 2-5/3-6 start next year and it's clear they won't win the division - again... Then, I can see Woody making the mid season change. Maybe at the 3/4 mark, but, a change nevertheless. It's a case of coaches looking out for themselves, the team not responding, and many embarassing broken promises. Nobody has given the thought to Sanchez out lasting Ryan yet".

He also mentioned that players when they go dowmn to Miami DO, in fact, party (as they do in other cities) - especially the day after New Years.

PS - Could Schottenheimer be our next HC?

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4300043]Tony Paige: "If Rex is going to keep Schottenheimer, and if the Jets look very bad tomorrow against the Dolphins, particularly on offense, and if they get off to a (say) 2-5/3-6 start next year and it's clear they won't win the division - again... Then, I can see Woody making the mid season change. Maybe at the 3/4 mark, but, a change nevertheless. It's a case of coaches looking out for themselves, the team not responding, and many embarassing broken promises. Nobody has given the thought to Sanchez out lasting Ryan yet".

He also mentioned that players when they go dowmn to Miami DO, in fact, party (as they do in other cities) - especially the day after New Years.[/QUOTE]

You are quickly becoming the most NEGATIVE person on the board.

[disclaimer - i like tony paige, he's an enjoyable radio host]

he doesn't know a god damn thing.

I don't think there would be many JETS fans around this place here if Schotty was back for yet another season regardless of record.

He must go NOW(and I mean this offseason), not later.

Jets Insider VIP
    Tony Paige is the most boring host on the fan, Id much rather listen to this new guy Chris Mohr, or the plumber they had on the other night Pat somethin or other. I miss nut job Benigno on the overnights.

[QUOTE=JohnnyJet;4300057] I miss nut job Benigno on the overnights.[/QUOTE]

Joe overnight, esp. sunday nights after Jets/Mets losses, were a good as sports radio gets :yes:

[QUOTE=Sanchez 3:16;4300050][disclaimer - i like tony paige, he's an enjoyable radio host]

[B]he doesn't know a god damn thing.[/QUOTE]

[/B

+11111 dump!!

Who's more stupid, the person who suggested this idea, or the listeners who believe him?

If you don't want Rex as the coach, please make available a list of coaches who you would think would be more successful, who would actually agree to come here.

This isn't Madden football. Click and sign isn't a reality.

to all desperately awaiting the firing of rex ryan...

HE WILL BE YEAR ANOTHER 3 YEARS MINIMUM

stop posting this garbage

Did you really just quote Tony Paige? lol

He has no knowledge about anything, what so ever. I don't even know if he watches the games.

Veteran
    maybe i was just in denial, but i'm quickly realizing that i think every host, other then carton, joe and evan, absolutely HATE the Jets. if i got 1050 west of the parkway, i'd listen exclusively to them.

the only thing tony paige is knowledgeable about is boxing and i don't even know if he's talking about credible information, because no one likes boxing anyway.

What a great thread

Hall Of Fame
    Unless Rex starts boxing, Tony Paige's opinion is irrelevant.

Hall Of Fame
    Tony Paige sounds like a drunken moron.

Probably smarter than Schroyk, though.

_

don't forget schitty survived the mangini purge. i guess rex keeping schitty was logical and after getting to the afc championship game, somewhat understandable but after this season and adding up all of the losses attributable to schitty, i just don't see how he can survive again. the little schitt will land on his feet because he will no doubt bad mouth sanchez and just about everyone else associated with the jets including the fan base.

This is a very good example of sports talk radio at its worse. Here you have a host who does not offer anything of value to even the average football fan. Paige may offer tremendous insight into boxing and who knows what else. But its painfully clear that you could walk to your local watering hole, sit at the bar next to someone watching an NFL game and get the same level of conversation.

Its the same story with Richard (I heart the Giants) Neer or Steve Summers. Nice men, sometimes entertaining but an absolute waste of time to any sophisticated NFL fan who wants real insight.

[QUOTE=heymangold;4300101]maybe i was just in denial, but i'm quickly realizing that i think every host,[B] other then carton, joe and evan,[/B] absolutely HATE the Jets. if i got 1050 west of the parkway, i'd listen exclusively to them.

the only thing tony paige is knowledgeable about is boxing and i don't even know if he's talking about credible information, because no one likes boxing anyway.[/QUOTE]

+1 even boomer seems to dislike them..and he played for them!!!

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4300043]Tony Paige: "If Rex is going to keep Schottenheimer, and if the Jets look very bad tomorrow against the Dolphins, particularly on offense, and if they get off to a (say) 2-5/3-6 start next year and it's clear they won't win the division - again... Then, I can see Woody making the mid season change. Maybe at the 3/4 mark, but, a change nevertheless. It's a case of coaches looking out for themselves, the team not responding, and many embarassing broken promises. Nobody has given the thought to Sanchez out lasting Ryan yet".

He also mentioned that players when they go dowmn to Miami DO, in fact, party (as they do in other cities) - especially the day after New Years.

PS - Could Schottenheimer be our next HC?[/QUOTE]

Wha are you guys doing next summer?

We're going to Norway in 2020....

Veteran

PS - Could Schottenheimer be our next HC?[/QUOTE]

This is so awesome if it is true. That way we can kill two birds with one stone. They both need to go.

that's a whole lot of IFs.

There's been total doom and gloom SPECULATION by the media who has turned on this team and the average Jets fan is buying.

also breaking news, players party when they travel EVEN IN MIAMI.

D
    U
    M
    P