Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WFAN Paige: "How Woody might fire Rex by mid season '12"

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4300043]Tony Paige: "If Rex is going to keep Schottenheimer, and if the Jets look very bad tomorrow against the Dolphins, particularly on offense, and if they get off to a (say) 2-5/3-6 start next year and it's clear they won't win the division - again... Then, I can see Woody making the mid season change. Maybe at the 3/4 mark, but, a change nevertheless. It's a case of coaches looking out for themselves, the team not responding, and many embarassing broken promises. Nobody has given the thought to Sanchez out lasting Ryan yet".

He also mentioned that players when they go dowmn to Miami DO, in fact, party (as they do in other cities) - especially the day after New Years.

PS - Could Schottenheimer be our next HC?[/QUOTE]

Why would you mention anything Tony Paige says????

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;4300043]Tony Paige: "If Rex is going to keep Schottenheimer, and if the Jets look very bad tomorrow against the Dolphins, particularly on offense, and if they get off to a (say) 2-5/3-6 start next year and it's clear they won't win the division - again... Then, I can see Woody making the mid season change. Maybe at the 3/4 mark, but, a change nevertheless. It's a case of coaches looking out for themselves, the team not responding, and many embarassing broken promises. Nobody has given the thought to Sanchez out lasting Ryan yet".

He also mentioned that players when they go dowmn to Miami DO, in fact, party (as they do in other cities) - especially the day after New Years.

PS - Could Schottenheimer be our next HC?[/QUOTE]
    LOL @ quoting the least-informed radio host in the United States of America.

Even worse. You made a thread out of it. LOLOLOL

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4300576]LOL @ quoting the least-informed radio host in the United States of America.

Even worse. You made a thread out of it. LOLOLOL[/QUOTE]

He is quickly becoming one of the most negative posters here and thats saying a LOT!

If Rex decides not to make any changes to his offensive staff and they struggle again next year then frankly Rex deserves to be fired. Go be a defensive coordinator and stop pretending to be a head coach since you're obviously more interested in not hurting anyones feelings than improving your team.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4300589]If Rex decides not to make any changes to his offensive staff and they struggle again next year then frankly Rex deserves to be fired. Go be a defensive coordinator and stop pretending to be a head coach since you're obviously more interested in not hurting anyones feelings than improving your team.[/QUOTE]

Does REX even know who is on the offense?

He is starting to remind me of Mike Keenan with the Rangers. Brings in a bunch of older veterans for a win NOW strategy. Keenan won, Rex not so much.

I don't know about any of you people....but I value the opinion of [b]WOODY[/b] Paige more than this clown. :zzz:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4300594]Does REX even know who is on the offense?

He is starting to remind me of Mike Keenan with the Rangers. Brings in a bunch of older veterans for a win NOW strategy. Keenan won, Rex not so much.[/QUOTE]
    Eh, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.

Keenan was a damn good coach. He was an a-hole, but a damn good coach..

How many times did the Rangers bring in a bunch of old veterans over the years and not even make the playoffs?

He knew he wasn't going to win a cup with a young Doug Weight, Darren Turcotte and Tony Amonte, Mike Gartner, James Patrick, etc and needed to bring in more grit players who could also score. He knew the window of opportunity was there and he made changes to win something that most living Rangers fans had never experienced.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4300612]Eh, I'm gonna have to disagree with you here.

Keenan was a damn good coach. He was an a-hole, but a damn good coach..

How many times did the Rangers bring in a bunch of old veterans over the years and not even make the playoffs?

He knew he wasn't going to win a cup with a young Doug Weight, Darren Turcotte and Tony Amonte, Mike Gartner, James Patrick, etc and needed to bring in more grit players who could also score. He knew the window of opportunity was there and he made changes to win something that most living Rangers fans had never experienced.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough..Keenan had success with Chicago and Philly before us but my analogy wasn't that far fetched. How'd Keenan do post NYR?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4300626]Fair enough..Keenan had success with Chicago and Philly before us but my analogy wasn't that far fetched. How'd Keenan do post NYR?[/QUOTE]
    Mixed.
    He had a god-awful team in Florida and had no control over the personnel. Rick Dudley single-handedly destroyed that team for years with terrible personnel decisions. Same in Vancouver. He was with some organizations with a lot of turmoil.