Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norv Turner to be fired; Jets a suitor?

Jets Insider VIP

Norv Turner to be fired; Jets a suitor?

Granted, it's only Rotoworld, but I loved seeing this:

[QUOTE]The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that Chargers coach Norv Turner is "all but certain" to be fired next week.

In interviews over the past several weeks, owner Dean Spanos "never once" denied that Turner's firing was forthcoming, and sources familiar with Spanos' thinking say the owner "feels he has no choice" but to relieve Turner of his duties. "There reaches a point of no return," said one source. Turner will be fired with the second best regular season win percentage (48-31, .608) in Chargers franchise history. [B]He should quickly resurface as an offensive coordinator, and media speculation has the Jets as a potential suitor[/B].

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 12-31-2011 at 10:27 PM.

Norv for OC!!! Retain Callahan on the O-Line...

Upgrade!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Minkaveli;4300412]Norv for OC!!! Retain Callahan on the O-Line...

Upgrade![/QUOTE]

If this happened and we didn't witness a SIGNIFICANT upgrade in Sanchez's performance I would then be willing to move on from him.

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4300414]If this happened and we didn't witness a SIGNIFICANT upgrade in Sanchez's performance I would then be willing to move on from him.[/QUOTE]

assuming they fix the line and draft a legit wr, I agree

Hope Norv goes out a winner tomorrow!!

Not sure how to feel about this yet.

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;4300412]Norv for OC!!! Retain Callahan on the O-Line...

Upgrade![/QUOTE]

Why retain Callahan? Because our Oline is our greatest strength I guess, silly me.
    :eek:

Please, please, please, please, please.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4300443]Please, please, please, please, please.[/QUOTE]

Shoddy! baby please just go!

[QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4300441]Why retain Callahan? Because our Oline is our greatest strength I guess, silly me.
    :eek:[/QUOTE]

two good minds are better than one.

Who knows if Turner would want to be an oc again? Maybe he'll try and do a tv gig, take time off, get a cushy college job.

Even up trade...Schotty for Norv!

I do that in a heart-beat...

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4300461]Who knows if Turner would want to be an oc again? Maybe he'll try and do a tv gig, take time off, get a cushy college job.[/QUOTE]

A TV Gig?? Have you seen Norv?? He's about as entertaining and engaging as a tumor.

[QUOTE=NYJ37/12;4300416]assuming they fix the line and draft a legit wr, I agree[/QUOTE]

This too!! But first things first, out with the garbage hit delete on Schitty and Norv come to daddy baby

[QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;4300466]A TV Gig?? Have you seen Norv?? He's about as entertaining and engaging as a tumor.[/QUOTE]

And he would probably be better than 9/10ths of the guys they choose for the job that don't know jack. Someone could always coach him up.

"media speculation"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4300469]Norv come to daddy baby[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://rolandmillward.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/pause1.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 01-01-2012 at 02:54 AM.

[QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;4300466]A TV Gig?? Have you seen Norv?? He's about as entertaining and engaging as a tumor.[/QUOTE]
    Mangini isn't exactly entertaining himself, yet he has a job on TV.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4300414]If this happened and we didn't witness a SIGNIFICANT upgrade in Sanchez's performance I would then be willing to move on from him.[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=NYJ37/12;4300416]assuming they fix the line and draft a legit wr, I agree[/QUOTE]

+2

In my drunken haze I read thread title as:

Norv Turner to be fired; Janitor?

There's probably a janitor out there somewhere that would be an upgrade right now.