View Poll Results: should santonio holmes be cut?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes -hes a cancer that needs to be removed

71 47.65%
  • no-with a new o.c. and better offense he will be happy and produce

78 52.35%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOULD HOLMES BE CUT?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

SHOULD HOLMES BE CUT?

After today and the season on the hole would it be in jets best interest to cut ties w him? dont think his contract his tradeable..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't afford the cap hit...wish we could.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;4303672]Can't afford the cap hit...wish we could.[/QUOTE]

Plus, since he excelled when he had BRAYLON on the other side, I think getting him back along with a new OC(Norv Turner?) could make him useful again...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJ0815;4303672]Can't afford the cap hit...wish we could.[/QUOTE]

how much of a hit is it? sometimes it might still be worth it..even if we take a step back...tough call mr.t will have to eat alot of crow if he did cut him..remember hes a violation away from 1 year suspension so based on that its not as hard a decision to cut him

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't he get a ridiculous $28 million in guarantees? That alone would make him uncuttable.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good question: What is Holmes value as a Jet, compared to his value as trade fodder?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just set him up.... Have some guys get him some pot and then fail a test. He gets suspended for a year and we don't pay him squat.... (just guessing we have this clause in his contract...)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont want him cut....TOO MUCH DEAD MONEY

I wouldn't be opposed to a trade however.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Conkboy;4303717]Just set him up.... Have some guys get him some pot and then fail a test. He gets suspended for a year and we don't pay him squat.... (just guessing we have this clause in his contract...)[/QUOTE]

That would be terrific. :P

But do that only if we get Braylon back. ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4303715]Good question: What is Holmes value as a Jet, compared to his value as trade fodder?[/QUOTE]

I'm no football expert, but I'm guessing besides his lazy route running, dropped balls, lousy diva attitude, ridiculous contract, and his drug history, that the fact that he quit on his team with a pivotal game that was still winnable with the playoffs on the line, that his trade value took a bit of a hit today.
    Last edited by GronkWelkhead; 01-01-2012 at 08:02 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4303757]I'm no football expert, but I'm guess besides his lazy route running, dropped balls, lousy diva attitude, ridiculous contract, and his drug history, that the fact that he quit on his team with a pivotal game that was still winnable with the playoffs on the line, that his trade value took a bit of a hit today.[/QUOTE]

+1

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4303757]I'm no football expert, but I'm guess besides his lazy route running, dropped balls, lousy diva attitude, ridiculous contract, and his drug history, that the fact that he quit on his team with a pivotal game that was still winnable with the playoffs on the line, that his trade value took a bit of a hit today.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I saw your post coming. How many Magic Beans are needed for a hi draft pick?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4303773]yeah, I saw your post coming. How many Magic Beans are needed for a hi draft pick?[/QUOTE]

Hey, if you're just gonna throw me soft balls right over the plate......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4303757]I'm no football expert, but I'm guessing besides his lazy route running, dropped balls, lousy diva attitude, ridiculous contract, and his drug history, that the fact that he quit on his team with a pivotal game that was still winnable with the playoffs on the line, that his trade value took a bit of a hit today.[/QUOTE]

This is a Holmes thread why bring up Randy Moss? :huh:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    honestly after today im saying yes....and i think hes a pretty good player but the **** he pulled today was retarded...and then blaming patrick turner and his coaches...

C'MON MAN!

try to trade him first and let Cappy handle the rest.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4303794]Hey, if you're just gonna throw me soft balls right over the plate......[/QUOTE]

You haven't answered my question. :)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He gets no seperation downfield but he is a good possession WR. He should not be cut just like Rex should not be cut. The jets need a DEEPTHREAT BAD.. [B]Braylon and a fast WR like HILTON should help alot[/B]. Heard someone mention WR TY HILTON the other day. The depth chart should look like......

Holmes
    Edwards - 2nd time around
    Kerley
    [B]Hilton - DRAFT PICK[/B]
    Turner

TE's

Keller
    Baker
    [B]DRAFT PICK[/B]

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    But...what about Downfield Matthew Mulligan?

He has swagger. :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Until we find out what really happened I cant render a decision. I heard Greene was also hollaring at someone. Someone here said weeks ago Rex lost this team. He certainly did.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4303840][B]Braylon and a fast WR like HILTON should help alot[/B]. Heard someone mention WR TY HILTON the other day. The depth chart should look like......

Holmes
    Edwards - 2nd time around
    Kerley
    [B]Hilton - DRAFT PICK[/B]
    Turner

[/QUOTE]

What makes you think that:

1. He wants to return.

2. He is the same Braylon after getting scratched by SF over and over again?

Well if you heard someone mention Hilton, we have to draft him.