View Poll Results: should santonio holmes be cut?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes -hes a cancer that needs to be removed

71 47.65%
  • no-with a new o.c. and better offense he will be happy and produce

78 52.35%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOULD HOLMES BE CUT?

[QUOTE=John_0515;4303872]What makes you think that:

1. He wants to return.

2. He is the same Braylon after getting scratched by SF over and over again?

Well if you heard someone mention Hilton, we have to draft him.[/QUOTE]

#1 is a valid question. But I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Braylon's options are pretty limited as far as finding teams that want him. :yes:

#2 is also a valid question 'cause we have to know the status on his healing knee that he had surgery on. But the fact remains that he had a certain Chemistry with Mark that he(mark) did not seem to have with Holmes(and we see why now...damn primadonna).

We can also find a WR in the draft who can help, too.

[QUOTE=ryan10;4303667]After today and the season on the hole would it be in jets best interest to cut ties w him? dont think his contract his tradeable..[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not. By far our most skilled and talented player on offense. He shouldnt have done what he did today but I would be fed up too if I was him him. Best player on offense and never even gets targeted.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4303840]He gets no seperation downfield but he is a good possession WR. He should not be cut just like Rex should not be cut. The jets need a DEEPTHREAT BAD.. [B]Braylon and a fast WR like HILTON should help alot[/B]. Heard someone mention WR TY HILTON the other day. The depth chart should look like......

Holmes
    Edwards - 2nd time around
    Kerley
    [B]Hilton - DRAFT PICK[/B]
    Turner

TE's

Keller
    Baker
    [B]DRAFT PICK[/B][/QUOTE]

Add Cumberland into your TE group... I would love to see them target Fauria from UCLA if he leaves school this year. At 6'8" 260 he could be a nice dual threat in the offense.

[QUOTE=jetglass;4303900]Absolutely not. By far our most skilled and talented player on offense. [B] He shouldnt have done what he did today but I would be fed up too if I was him him. B[/B]est player on offense and never even gets targeted.[/QUOTE]

a captain doesnt act like that!!!

[QUOTE=ryan10;4304319]a captain doesnt act like that!!![/QUOTE]

No he doesn't and Rex was made to look like a fool because of Holmes.

And why is he wearing the C when Sanchez is the QB?

All Pro
    No and people want to talk about cancer. The biggest one on this team is Rex's attitude and mouth. It all starts from up top.

[QUOTE=IRONFAN 40;4304597]No and people want to talk about cancer. The biggest one on this team is Rex's attitude and mouth. It all starts from up top.[/QUOTE]

I believe it starts further up than that.

I think Woody needs to get up off his ass from his comfy billion-dollar sofa and start being a bit more Hands-on like Jerry Jones(just a little bit) and knock some heads around 'cause this was a season to FORGET.

Rex seems to think he's still only responsible for the DEFENSIVE-SIDE of the ball while giving carte-blanche control to Schitty for the Offensive side.

[b]IF REX WANTS TO CALL ONLY DEFENSIVE PLAYS, THEN PLEASE QUIT AND GO BECOME SOME TEAM'S DEFENSIVE-COORDINATOR, REX AND WE'LL GET A REAL HEAD COACH![/b] :mad:

[QUOTE=carlito1171;4303725]I dont want him cut....TOO MUCH DEAD MONEY

I wouldn't be opposed to a trade however.....[/QUOTE]

You do realize that a trade has the same cap impact as a cut, right?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetglass;4303900]Absolutely not. By far our most skilled and talented player on offense. He shouldnt have done what he did today but I would be fed up too if I was him him. Best player on offense and never even gets targeted.[/QUOTE]

He's probably the 4rth most talented skill player. Behind Greene, lt, kerley, and plax. He,s nothing more than a possession receiver.

[QUOTE=ryan10;4303667]After today and the season on the hole would it be in jets best interest to cut ties w him? dont think his contract his tradeable..[/QUOTE]

No. No way. :eek:

[QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4303757]I'm no football expert, but I'm guessing besides his lazy route running, dropped balls, lousy diva attitude, ridiculous contract, and his drug history, that the fact that he quit on his team with a pivotal game that was still winnable with the playoffs on the line, that his trade value took a bit of a hit today.[/QUOTE]

we got him for a 5th rounder. I'd take the loss of unloading him for a 6th :D

[QUOTE=Jetspennyfan;4304991]we got him for a 5th rounder. I'd take the loss of unloading him for a 6th :D[/QUOTE]

The loss is not the draft pick, its the cap hit and Woody's guarandted money.

How much is the cap hit? If its doable then he needs to be sent packing. Other teams have proven that you can win without having a supposed great player at the WR position.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4305036]How much is the cap hit? If its doable then he needs to be sent packing. Other teams have proven that you can win without having a supposed great player at the WR position.[/QUOTE]

It appears pretty sizable if you go with info on the attachment.

[url]http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary.html[/url]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ryan10;4303700]how much of a hit is it? sometimes it might still be worth it..even if we take a step back...tough call mr.t will have to eat alot of crow if he did cut him..remember hes a violation away from 1 year suspension so based on that its not as hard a decision to cut him[/QUOTE]

He's not getting cut....the cap hit for next year in dead money is $12 million dollars!

BUT....he could be tradeable. His cap value this year is about 9 million this year, which isn't out into left field for a player of his caliber. If Randy Moss and Terrell Owens can keep getting work throughout the years, his behavior is not that bad to warrant him being untradeable. A team would probably take him for the one year, and if they have trouble, he is cuttable in 2013, when his cap value is about $12.5 million. in 2013, if cut, he is only about $3.75 million.

All Pro
    He won't be cut to much money invested.. Secondly it would be overreaction..

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4303861]But...what about Downfield Matthew Mulligan?

He has swagger. :yes:[/QUOTE]

lol. So much swagger, he's twitching before the snaps. :D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

cut Holmes?

lol, so we can watch Brady throw him TD's next season?

c'mon fellas

The reason you cut Holmes is to show the team that Rex the Liar is in charge and that that kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4303811]You haven't answered my question. :)[/QUOTE]

You noticed that, huh?;)