View Poll Results: should santonio holmes be cut?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes -hes a cancer that needs to be removed

71 47.65%
  • no-with a new o.c. and better offense he will be happy and produce

78 52.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SHOULD HOLMES BE CUT?

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4308122]I'm not condoning his behavior but before his hi-jinx in Philly he's been a model teammate for 2 years and has made tons of contributions to the team. He's singlehandedly won games for us.

New atmosphere and hopefully new coordinator next year and I think he'll be productive again.

Taking a hit like this after you just sign him to a monster contract makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

This year he has been less than model from the beginning. Calling out the OL and getting into a fight with the very respected, long tenured Moore? Doesn't sound like a great teammate. The only hit as I mentioned before would be from a possible talent standpoint.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4308133] The only hit as I mentioned before would be from a possible talent standpoint.[/QUOTE]

lol, yeah...and we have a lot of talent to spare to dump Holmes. Makes sense to dump our best offensive player and while doing it, cripple our financial ability to sign more talent. Good plan.

BTW...I thought Rex's specialty was to handle guys like Tone?
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 01-02-2012 at 09:58 PM.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4308143]lol, yeah...and we have a lot of talent to spare to dump Holmes. Makes sense to dump our best offensive player and while doing it, cripple our financial ability to sign more talent. Good plan.

BTW...I thought Rex's specialty was to handle guys like Tone?[/QUOTE]

Word. Besides, it would be suicide to dump Holmes, NE would sign him in a second! :steamin:
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 01-02-2012 at 09:58 PM.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4308143]lol, yeah...and we have a lot of talent to spare to dump Holmes. Makes sense to dump our best offensive player and while doing it, cripple our financial ability to sign more talent. Good plan.

I have no idea why you are being sarcastic and belligerent. Jason has written that you save cap space if you trade him. I don't know what else there is to say, that is a fact. I happen to think that if possible trading him would be a wise decision because I think he really has a overall negative impact due to his locker room issues. You disagree, that's fine and I accept your point of view. I don't see why either of us has to think the other is an idiot or trying to mislead other people.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4308164]I have no idea why you are being sarcastic and belligerent. Jason has written that you save cap space if you trade him. I don't know what else there is to say, that is a fact. I happen to think that if possible trading him would be a wise decision because I think he really has a overall negative impact due to his locker room issues. You disagree, that's fine and I accept your point of view. I don't see why either of us has to think the other is an idiot or trying to mislead other people.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you were an idiot. I said your scenario is not viable nor is it realistic. No team would take his contract especially after the past few weeks. That being said I still think he can be a valuable member of this team.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4308170]I didn't say you were an idiot. I said your scenario is not viable nor is it realistic. No team would take his contract especially after the past few weeks. That being said I still think he can be a valuable member of this team.[/QUOTE]

I mean I guess I see it this way.

A) If he is pretty talented and has nice upside some team will want him for a conditional pick.

B) If he isn't that talented he's replaceable and we can essentially give him away.

I happen to think it's a little close to A. But again that's just me, we'll agree to disagree on this one, however, I do see your point as well/understand where you are coming from.

Package him with our 16th pick to move up for a guy Tanny and Rex covet.

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4308170]I didn't say you were an idiot. I said your scenario is not viable nor is it realistic. No team would take his contract especially after the past few weeks. [B]That being said I still think he can be a valuable member of this team.[/QUOTE][/B]

there were reports all day from twitter that at least half the team doesnt want him back!!! i dont think he can be a valuable member if thats the case

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=ryan10;4308200][/B]

there were reports all day from twitter that at least half the team doesnt want him back!!! i dont think he can be a valuable member if thats the case[/QUOTE]

The Head Coach's job is to make sure that he is.
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 01-02-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    [QUOTE=TheMo;4308179]I mean I guess I see it this way.

A) If he is pretty talented and has nice upside some team will want him for a conditional pick.

I happen to think it's a little close to A. [/QUOTE]

For the kind of committment and money Braylon signed with the Niners this year? Maybe.

To be on the hook for the remainder of the deal he signed with the Jets? You're f-ing dreaming.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=THE_SOOTHSAYER;4308170]That being said I still think he can be a valuable member of this team.[/QUOTE]

He's our only playmaker, so he damned well [I]better [/I]be.

SAR I

For sure. Let's give the team a new OC and mend the bridges. Letting this guy go for nothing and taking the hit is lunacy. Let the emotions cools down and work on making the team stronger in the offseason, and through the draft. There's too much damage to the team to boot Holmes off it, all things considered. Plain and simple, its just not feasible

Jets Insider VIP
    the more I am hearing about his antics and what other players are saying, seems to have gotten to a point where either he makes a big attitude adjustment or we have to find a way to get rid of him

[QUOTE=el_dub80;4308148] it would be suicide to dump Holmes, NE would sign him in a second! :steamin:[/QUOTE]

THIS

All League
    Everyone on this site complaining about our offense any week of the 17 week season BETTER of clicked no above. Holmes was basically doing the same thing we do on game day and criticize players/coaches for sucking.

I would of complained too if I was a pro-bowl talent and not getting ANY targets week by week. How many games does Holmes and Plax have to go 2 for 20yds? Bad game planning = unhappy stars.

Schotty's small ball play calling is the death of this team. The longer we keep him the more players we lose. On top of losing good players like Holmes, no player in their right mind is gonna want to come here and kill their career under Schitty. Next year's gonna suck. Don't blame Holmes, BLAME SCHOTTY!!!
    Last edited by KingofNY; 01-03-2012 at 09:11 PM.