Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 16th Pick in the NFL Draft, The NYJ Select...

Hall Of Fame
    we should give white people a shot. seems to work for teams like Packers and Pats.

so crazy it could work

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    how did it feel having having no one to come in and backup mangold when he went down? how many of those games did we win?

how did it feel when not resigning woody didnt pan out? when hunter went down and turner crapped the bed at RT and we had no one to sub in?

sanchez almost got killed this year
    I completely agree you.

What I should have said is that there are quite a few very good O lineman available in free agency this year. I think you can easily fill 2 starting spots and get some depth via free agency and not kill your cap number. Doing this will allow you to draft young talent to other trouble area's. If you have top shelf talent available at 16 that could address a weak spot you take it.

Practice Squad
    Kerley is kinda white. He plays the way a white guy would.

I'd be disgusted with Jeffery and even Floyd to a lesser extent

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    we should give white people a shot. seems to work for teams like Packers and Pats.

so crazy it could work
    Eric Smith and Jim Leonard are proof that your theory is faulty

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Michael Floyd
    he quit on his team versus fsu the other night. that and he cant stay healthy. jeffrey is the wr that we want.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

luke kuechly

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    How would you feel if we took Decastro over Floyd?
    and played him at tackle?

Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    he quit on his team versus fsu the other night. that and he cant stay healthy. jeffrey is the wr that we want.
    considering how infrequently the jets threw to any wr this year i can't see them drafting one in the 1st round. why have another talented, malcontented wr in a ground and pound offense. this team is primed to draft either a guy like decastro or a pass rusher in the first round. they're content to use possession wrs like cotch, or maybe, even a 2 TE set next year. the one wildcard is if the scouts think a guy like miller is worth using a mid first round pick to open up the play action game. nobody is scared of greene getting 4 yards anymore. defenses need to be worried about someone breaking a long run and play action won't be effective with greene as the primary rb.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Lamar Miller 5' 11" 215 lbs 4.45 in the 40s.Can catch the ball out of the backfield.Great compliment to Greene.Mc Knight should be converted to DB and LT will not return.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    You wanna talk about healthy? Ashlon hoss Jeffrey is anything but a body donna. Regardless he's off the board. CLE, MIN, STL, etc. 13 out of the 15 teams ahead of us need a WR. FORGET ABOUT HIM. It'll be a hail mary to get Floyd.

College injury history (Floyd) is statistically irrelevant in how injury prone they will be as a pro.

..and he didn't quit on his team. How many ND games have you watched this year? I've watched all of them.

How about trading a first, second and sixth to move into the top 5 if Blackmon is still there and take him. He's Megatron 2.0

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    How about trading a first, second and seventh to move into #7 or #8 slot if Blackmon is still there and take him. He's Megatron 2.0
    No he's not. He's nearly that good and you should be flogged for making such a ridiculous statement.

He doesn't get by the MIN/CLE stretch anyway and we are NOT paying to leap frog into that area. Time to wake up and smell the Floyd coffee.
    Last edited by Paradis; 01-01-2012 at 09:23 PM.

No he's not. He's nearly that good and you should be flogged for making such a ridiculous statement.

He doesn't get by the MIN/CLE stretch anyway and we are NOT paying to leap frog into that area. Time to wake and smell the Floyd coffee.
    Edited my post. Knowing Tanny, anything can happen, but not expecting a deal in the first round

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Richardson won't be around. I don't see how that many teams could pass on him. I know teams don't much like taking backs in the first round, but I really believe he's in Adrian Peterson territory.

To me, Courtney Upshaw, Mark Barron, or Michael Floyd would all fill needs. Whoever is available I guess.
    Upshaw or Floyd would be fine pickups. If Richardson were available it would be hard to pass him up. But the Jets really need to shore up the obvious gaps on OL in the off season, firstly.
    Last edited by FijiJet; 01-01-2012 at 09:19 PM.

He doesn't get by the MIN/CLE stretch anyway and we are NOT paying to leap frog into that area. Time to wake and smell the Floyd coffee.
    i think floyd would really help the offense. but i don't think they'd draft him, even if he were available.

i'm guessing tanny will take either decastro if he falls to them, which would be hailed as a quality, safe pick that helps the running and passing game, or an olb who can make an immediate contribution to keep tanny's detractors at bay.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post

i'm guessing tanny will take either decastro if he falls to them, which would be hailed as a quality, safe pick that helps the running and passing game, or an olb who can make an immediate contribution to keep tanny's detractors at bay.
    Outside of taking a safety in round 1, That would be the worst mistake.

I'm on the Michael Floyd bandwagon.

All Pro
    I'm going to post this link an average of 3x a week for the next 15 weeks. Never has a WR looked like such a glove fit for a team like us. Sanchez will look like a pair of gold testicles throwing to this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u9htfFUDjo
    Last edited by Paradis; 01-01-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Outside of taking a safety in round 1, That would be the worst mistake.
    but 2 of tanny's heralded best picks were brick and mangold. then, when woody retires, the qb gets sacked a ton and the offense regresses. in tanny's mind, i'm guessing he believes he could do way worse than picking a starting OG for the next decade who can keep any qb upright and help any ground and pound offense. compared to a guy like floyd, decastro is in on every play and impacts the game more significantly.

i'm not saying i advocate it, i'm saying i would understand the selection from the GM's perspective.