Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: With the 16th Pick in the NFL Draft, The NYJ Select...

Was very unimpressed with what I saw from Ingram out of S.Car today. I know some had him as a better pass rusher than Upshaw and possibly going to us at #16. Anyone else have any thoughts on his performance, am I just a terrible scout?

All Pro
    I would love to trade down in Rd 1 and 2 to try and get a few extra mid rd picks. Trade down and get Barron, I'm doing cartwheels.

Ok. State's kicker is also their punter, and he's first team All Big-12 in both categories. Maybe the Jets should take a look at that guy. He was their captain too FWIW.

All Pro
    I pray the Jets draft Michael Floyd, the dude is going to be a beast in the league.

Take away double teams from Holmes and gives Sanchez a legit deep threat with his speed.

I hope the Jets get a RT in FA, a nice veteran RT to keep Sanchez upright and make the oline dominant again.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Was very unimpressed with what I saw from Ingram out of S.Car today. I know some had him as a better pass rusher than Upshaw and possibly going to us at #16. Anyone else have any thoughts on his performance, am I just a terrible scout?
    If you're saying he wasn't you expected given his recent hype, then you are not a terrible scout.

He and Upshaw should go in the early or mid second IMO, at least pre-combine.

Quote Originally Posted by prza View Post
    I would love to trade down in Rd 1 and 2 to try and get a few extra mid rd picks. Trade down and get Barron, I'm doing cartwheels.
    Agree with this, would like to trade down in Rd 1 and get some extra picks, build some depth after so many years with few picks. And would also be happy getting Barron in late 1st or 2nd if we did that.

All Pro
    I would be happy with:

Ingram
    Upshaw
    Floyd
    Jeffery
    Richardson (fell to the Jets in a SI Mock draft)
    Burfict

I think we need to add a vet RT (Demetrius Bell?) and Vet safeties (Griffin and/or Landry)

Get plenty of Defensive and OL depth in the mid rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    As an SC alum,he didn't have a great game, by his standards.....He did have 1HUGE tackle for loss on Taylor Martinez though,and was getting some pressure here and there

I will say though, you are wrong if you judge him just by this game.....He was an absolute disruption all season long and made huge plays all year in SEC play....I hope to find a highlight video on Ingram, because I'm telling you, he is a rare player that dominated in the SEC all year

Jets Insider VIP
    Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd

Sign a RT like Demetrius Bell or Jared Gaither and take the best available OLB in Round 2.

what about whitney mercilus? is he a one year wonder or the next john abraham?

All League
    With the 16th pick in the NFL draft, the NY Jets select

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BHWCTxm3g

Practice Squad
    witney merciles

awesome name

Quote Originally Posted by BIGKIDD325 View Post
    Ok. State's kicker is also their punter, and he's first team All Big-12 in both categories. Maybe the Jets should take a look at that guy. He was their captain too FWIW.
    I took note of that guy as well, he is not a senior though and in most cases I think kickers always will stay in college because they are rarely high draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Courtney Upshaw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDXVyEOjD8

not really impressed w this video..seems to lack burst in pass rushing situations..

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd

Sign a RT like Demetrius Bell or Jared Gaither and take the best available OLB in Round 2.
    I'm on board, but I also want a vet wr in FA.

All Pro

I want 1 of 3 players

Trent Richardson : TB
    3 down back who doesn't have to leave the field unless he wants too

Nick Perry : OLBer
    Pass rushing demon with a 1st step and coverage ability

Riley Reiff : OT

Kid is a monster who once he gets his hands on youthe play is over.Best part is he can play either RT or LT.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Kid is a monster who once he gets his hands on youthe play is over.Best part is he can play either RT or LT.
    Agreed though I'd pass on Reiff. But the other two I love. I feel like Perry is overlooked, think he will end up being more productive than Upshaw as a 3-4 OLB.

richardson smells of roids...dont want another gholston

any info here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

Man, I'd be ecstatic if we got Trent Richardson in the first, Nick Perry in the second (we may have to trade up if he's still available in the second) then OL, WR, S etc.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    richardson smells of roids...dont want another gholston

any info here?
    Bullsh!t. The kid went the same high school as my daughter. He's been big before he ever hit the gym in high school. How about you know WTF you're talking about before you post trash like this.

The kids a beast and will make a bigger impact than his former teammate, Julio Jones did this year.

He'd be a value at the #4 pick, let alone 16.