Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: With the 16th Pick in the NFL Draft, The NYJ Select...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    Jets have an extra conditional 7th they got from Jacksonville for Lowery and have picks in every round this year. Expect some trading, maybe not in the first, but possibly a move in the 2nd-4th
    What did we give up for Schlauderaff? He was drafted in the 6th, I would assume he cost us that.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Bullsh!t. The kid went the same high school as my daughter. He's been big before he ever hit the gym in high school. How about you know WTF you're talking about before you post trash like this.

The kids a beast and will make a bigger impact than his former teammate, Julio Jones did this year.

He'd be a value at the #4 pick, let alone 16.
    it was a question... thx for the answer

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    With the 16th pick in the NFL draft, the NY Jets select

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30BHWCTxm3g
    ALL. DAY.

That's what i want. Floyd comes down with the ball every.damn.play. 2 corners, 3 corners, doesn't matter. Complete concentration and focus. a 6'3 Steve Smith.

I'm still trying to form an opinion on Floyd. Legitimate question...does this guy get separation from corners and will he be able to use his physical tools as much to his advantage in the NFL?

I watched his highlight reel and there's no doubt that while at ND, if you throw the ball his way he usually comes down with it. But with better corners in the NFL, is that gonna work out as well? The last thing we need is to use the 16th pick on a possession receiver who's a good red zone target, i.e. a younger Plaxico. I'm not saying he is. I'm just trying to figure it out from people who have watched him play more or know more about him. Because honestly I thought he looked good in the reel but it didn't blow me away.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    I'm still trying to form an opinion on Floyd. Legitimate question...does this guy get separation from corners and will he be able to use his physical tools as much to his advantage in the NFL?

I watched his highlight reel and there's no doubt that while at ND, if you throw the ball his way he usually comes down with it. But with better corners in the NFL, is that gonna work out as well? The last thing we need is to use the 16th pick on a possession receiver who's a good red zone target, i.e. a younger Plaxico. I'm not saying he is. I'm just trying to figure it out from people who have watched him play more or know more about him. Because honestly I thought he looked good in the reel but it didn't blow me away.
    Same thing I thought when watching Alshon Jeffery, they won't be allowed to have their way with corners like that in the pros. When jammed at the line how quickly can they recover and adjust when rerouted? Would rather we take Richardson in the first.

All Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Same thing I thought when watching Alshon Jeffery, they won't be allowed to have their way with corners like that in the pros. When jammed at the line how quickly can they recover and adjust when rerouted? Would rather we take Richardson in the first.
    I watched him alot, especially this year. As for the question about corners - the quaterbacks tended to shy away from him against good coverage this year. They would just look the other way. In years previous though, you throw anywhere in the vacinity - and he's coming down with it.

Now, about the other thing (seperation). Lets be honest here - watching tape , what's more likely to translate at the NFL level. Highlight reels of a WR burning corners from Central Nebraska on 60 yard bombs, or guys consistently catching the ball in traffic. Unless your desean or wallace, you're not burning NFL corners with any regularity. Busted coverage is your best shot. I think Floyd is the MOST ready to succeed at the NFL than all these WRs. Is he a possession WR? No. Is he a deep threat? No. He's a beast. He owns the field. Heinz Ward with some Steve Smith in him. As of recent, i'd say H. Nicks is a close comparison.

1. If Upshaw is there I think we have to draft him. Hes a need like everything else. You really can't get big fast OLB's in FA. Every year there is maybe 1 guy available but they usually re-sign with own team or have 20 teams after the same guy. I think Buffict can line up anywhere, if hes a headcase like James Harrison i'll take it.

2. I like Sanu from Rutgers in the second round if we are going WR. I like Floyd and Jeffrey. Love Blackman but I can't justify trading up for a WR.

3. Trent Richardson is a dream but like Blackman can't justify trading that far up for a RB. Our running game is not broken.... yet, but we should consider Greene as a short yardage back instead of a feature back where he is limited catching the ball and he can't break long runs.

4. OL and S are luxery picks at this point. If we go OL, who is Sanchez throwing to? Plax will be gone and Holmes is halfway out the door. Kerley and Patrick Turner? Same with safety. We need more big young fast guys up front, be it a OLD MLB or DE.
    Last edited by Rex Ryan; 01-06-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Unless you watched many ND games, I think its unfair to judge Floyd based on youtube highlights. He is a complete player. I would say he is a poor mans Fitzgerald. He is very big, muscular, good hands/ball skills. He is a decent deep threat but hes not a burner. I question his overall speed. He can still make big plays like Hakeem Nicks/Fitz but he is not going to be a burner. I think the highlights showed his strengh which is a big redzone target and good ball skills. I don't think he will ever be compared to Plaxico as a pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    Unless you watched many ND games, I think its unfair to judge Floyd based on youtube highlights. He is a complete player. I would say he is a poor mans Fitzgerald. He is very big, muscular, good hands/ball skills. He is a decent deep threat but hes not a burner. I question his overall speed. He can still make big plays like Hakeem Nicks/Fitz but he is not going to be a burner. I think the highlights showed his strengh which is a big redzone target and good ball skills. I don't think he will ever be compared to Plaxico as a pro.
    i haven't watched him play a lot but that sounds like al toon. he just caught the ball, period. took too many hits though.

I havent seen Toon play al all but second time I seen his name mentioned.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    it was a question... thx for the answer
    My bad. I just didn't want JI's favorite media hack to jump to conclusions and use a statement on a message board for his next article.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Alshon Jeffery or Michael Floyd

Sign a RT like Demetrius Bell or Jared Gaither and take the best available OLB in Round 2.
    Not a bad idea. Oooor Sign Super Mo and draft best available RT in the second.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    With so many needs on the O-Line and the D-Line, many here would rather go with a WR at such a HIGH Pick?
    we get ROBERT TURNER back from IR thus limiting our needs on the OL. besides I think the Jets will address RT in FA. Its better to go with an experienced guy if at all possible. At 16 I think we go BAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Ryan View Post
    1. If Upshaw is there I think we have to draft him. Hes a need like everything else. You really can't get big fast OLB's in FA. Every year there is maybe 1 guy available but they usually re-sign with own team or have 20 teams after the same guy. I think Buffict can line up anywhere, if hes a headcase like James Harrison i'll take it.

2. I like Sanu from Rutgers in the second round if we are going WR. I like Floyd and Jeffrey. Love Blackman but I can't justify trading up for a WR.

3. Trent Richardson is a dream but like Blackman can't justify trading that far up for a RB. Our running game is not broken.... yet, but we should consider Greene as a short yardage back instead of a feature back where he is limited catching the ball and he can't break long runs.

4. OL and S are luxery picks at this point. If we go OL, who is Sanchez throwing to? Plax will be gone and Holmes is halfway out the door. Kerley and Patrick Turner? Same with safety. We need more big young fast guys up front, be it a OLD MLB or DE.
    Am torn between UPshaw andTrent Rich in the first. I'm ust not sure that Ups will still be there at 16 and our O needs a major boost - TRich would really open up playaction for us and minimise 3 and outs

You got it backwards. Richardson is a top 10 pick. No way he falls to 16. Upshaw will be going anywhere from 15-30. He might sneak up to 10-12 but he would have to crush the combine and a lot of the OT prospects would have to suck.

Not so fast. Most of the team picking above us have glaring needs besides running back. Factor in the rising prospects eg the OT and OLBs, probable run on qb's and there is more than an outside chance that TR might be within reach for us. Agree that there is more volatility with the Upshaw pick

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    What did we give up for Schlauderaff? He was drafted in the 6th, I would assume he cost us that.
    I made a mistake we have picks in every round but do not have the extra conditional pick from the Lowery trade because we sent that pick to GB for Schlauderaff. 7 picks, not 8, for us this year

My realistic board looks something like this.

Zach Brown OLB/ILB - Could use him outside this year then move him inside next.

Mohamed Sanu - Great big play WR. Exactly what we will need to replace Plax. Will draw more coverage to help Holmes get open deep more.

Riley Reiff OL - Possible RT although do you draft a guy to be RT this high?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    My realistic board looks something like this.

Zach Brown OLB/ILB - Could use him outside this year then move him inside next.

Mohamed Sanu - Great big play WR. Exactly what we will need to replace Plax. Will draw more coverage to help Holmes get open deep more.

Riley Reiff OL - Possible RT although do you draft a guy to be RT this high?
    Don't like Nick Perry or just don't think he'll be there. Also I would rather grab Dwight Jones in the second if we are looking for a value pick at WR. Otherwise go Floyd I would think.

All Pro
    outside of a handful of guys (luck, Khalil, Blackmon) there's no point in jan at predicting which spot the person is going to go (within reason). Last year this time - Cam Newton was a consensus what - 2nd, or 3rd round pick? Bowers was going #1? C'mon...

It's about WHO you want right now. Focus on that. Me? I want Floyd. I want him bad.