Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: With the 16th Pick in the NFL Draft, The NYJ Select...

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    but 2 of tanny's heralded best picks were brick and mangold. then, when woody retires, the qb gets sacked a ton and the offense regresses. in tanny's mind, i'm guessing he believes he could do way worse than picking a starting OG for the next decade who can keep any qb upright and help any ground and pound offense. compared to a guy like floyd, decastro is in on every play and impacts the game more significantly.

i'm not saying i advocate it, i'm saying i would understand the selection from the GM's perspective.
    If the OL is what you want, then why not take a natural tackle like Cordy Glenn or Reilly Reiff as opposed to converting a guard?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsfan95 View Post
    If the OL is what you want, then why not take a natural tackle like Cordy Glenn or Reilly Reiff as opposed to converting a guard?
    i'm not saying i want anything.

i'm saying, if tanny's goal is to take BAP and improve the offense, and he takes decastro, he'd feel more secure in his job b/c a guy like decastro is more likely to pan out than a wr like floyd in a run heavy offense.

All Pro
    We have Mangold, D'brick and Moore and decent LG.

There was time for him to get rid of the ball ALOT this year before getting whacked. He needs a new Offensive staff around him, and a playbook that feels more natural. 3 steps, plant the foot, throw the ball.

If that doesn't work. He needs to go. Decastro isn't not going to make that situation radically change.

Jets have an extra conditional 7th they got from Jacksonville for Lowery and have picks in every round this year. Expect some trading, maybe not in the first, but possibly a move in the 2nd-4th
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nice position for Tanny to try to move up from.

It is going to be an offensive lineman.

WR aint happening. Jets are married to Holmes. He will be fine with a new offense. I still have a ton of faith in Holmes as the #2 receiver.
    FIXED.

'Cause that's what Holmes is. He needs another guy to take away any double-teams and attention his way.

Edit : And as far as the draft goes, WE NEED A RT.

Wayne Hunter isn't cutting it and I'm shocked that Mark was able to get through the season without being sent to the hospital.
    Last edited by Vin; 01-01-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    FIXED.

'Cause that's what Holmes is. He needs another guy to take away any double-teams and attention his way.
    He also needs a QB who can deliver the ball down the field with accuracy. As in one that has done so in the past 12 months.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He also needs a QB who can deliver the ball down the field with accuracy. As in one that has done so in the past 12 months.
    Mark did that last season when BE was playing alongside Holmes.

It's like a trickle-down effect. One player's presence affects the rest.

Courtney Upshaw

All Pro
    If Trent Richardson is there he sounds too good to pass up.

I just want offense in the draft, no more defense at all in all 7 rounds. I don't even want the late round safety ST stud.

Sure we need wideouts and there's talent in this draft but they usually take 3-4 years to develop and then once theyre developed they leve for a big second contract. There are a lot of decent wideouts in FA this year too, I'm not against a WR at all but Decastro would be awesome on this team.

We need a run game again, Decastro and then Mckenzie in FA would be formidable.

bc decastro is an interior lineman that could potentially play RT -meaning he has all the tools and size.

here's a guy that could potentially play 4 positions on the OL and atleast 2 at [potentially] elite level.

i really dont see upshaw translating to the nfl...

his lack of speed will be a major handicap for him at the nfl level imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    i really dont see upshaw translating to the nfl...

his lack of speed will be a major handicap for him at the nfl level imo.
    Yeah he's not a top 20 pick. He's one of those top half of the 2nd LBs who does really sell as an ILB/OLB. Jets are/should be looking more DE/OLB.

I'm more curious about Perry or Curry than I am Upshaw.

I do question the future of Bart Scott due to some tweet and there's plenty of possible replacements with Upshaw, Burfict, and Hightower amongst others. Wouldnt really want to use a first to do it.

One player today I'd go Perry.

All Pro
    2 Needs that stick out the most are RT and Safety. The way the NFL is now you have to be able to cover TE's I say Baron. You also need to protect QB, still say Baron. Probably gone by 16.

Quote Originally Posted by prza View Post
    2 Needs that stick out the most are RT and Safety. The way the NFL is now you have to be able to cover TE's I say Baron. You also need to protect QB, still say Baron. Probably gone by 16.
    u really think barron is gone?

i think he's on the table. i just think in rex's secondary scheme u need a vet like griffin or goldston.

i actually think that the best way to cover the TE is to get a LB that can actually cover...maybe like Te'o - except he's staying at ND

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    u really think barron is gone?

i think he's on the table. i just think in rex's secondary scheme u need a vet like griffin or goldston.

i actually think that the best way to cover the TE is to get a LB that can actually cover...maybe like Te'o - except he's staying at ND
    Hope not good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I'm going to post this link an average of 3x a week for the next 15 weeks. Never has a WR looked like such a glove fit for a team like us. Sanchez will like a pair of gold testicles throwing to this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u9htfFUDjo
    sign me up for this now

Courtney Upshaw
    Michael Floyd
    Nick Perry
    Mark Barron
    Riley Reiff
    Trent Richardson

If we can land one of those guys, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    If Trent Richardson is there he sounds too good to pass up.

I just want offense in the draft, no more defense at all in all 7 rounds. I don't even want the late round safety ST stud.

Sure we need wideouts and there's talent in this draft but they usually take 3-4 years to develop and then once theyre developed they leve for a big second contract.
    There are a lot of decent wideouts in FA this year too, I'm not against a WR at all but Decastro would be awesome on this team.

We need a run game again, Decastro and then Mckenzie in FA would be formidable.
    Didn't you just contradict yourself just there?

First you say you WANT to draft OFFENSE but then you say that WR's take 3-4 years to develop and then leave the team for another for a bigger contract.

So which is it? Do you want offense or not?

Personally, I want a RIGHT F'N TACKLE WHO CAN PASS-BLOCK!!

I doubt (hope) that we won't see any trades this draft unless someone really falls.

With guys like Scott/LT/Burress likely not coming back, Tanny clearly knows that this team needs to get younger and faster.

The best way to do that is through the draft. If we can come out with 7-8 players, that'll be huge for depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Wright View Post
    I doubt (hope) that we won't see any trades this draft unless someone really falls.

With guys like Scott/LT/Burress likely not coming back, Tanny clearly knows that this team needs to get younger and faster.

The best way to do that is through the draft. If we can come out with 7-8 players, that'll be huge for depth.
    And that's something we desperately need like....YESTERDAY :

DEPTH.