Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Santonio Holmes is a HERO, People.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Santonio Holmes is a HERO, People.

[IMG]http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img/item/170/905/844/p8lM.jpg[/IMG]

Santonio Holmes demonstrated a fantastic bit of captaincy yesterday but it's been lost in the abyss that is this finally-dead 2011 season. It's easy to label him a 'quitter' and a locker room 'cancer' but dig a bit deeper and you see this:

A fierce competitor, an NFL Champion, a Super Bowl MVP completely at the end of his rope being given one last chance to expose Brian Schottenheimer and Rex Ryan as the fraud's they have now-proven themselves to be. Instead of letting another shot at a Lombardi melt away in the Florida sun due to complacency and lack of heart shown on all sides of the ball, Santonio's frustration boiled over and he exploded for all to see.

And I say good for him. Good for [I]any [/I]member of the lazy 2011 New York Jets to finally stand up and call it for what it is. You ask me, in the way they spoke the likes of Bart Scott, Antonio Cromartie, and Santonio Holmes are better 'captains' than any of those frauds that took a paycheck this season.

In a lost-cause of a game at the end of a lost-cause of a season, Santonio stood up and took a stand for the betterment of the future of our team and for that I applaud him. We're one day closer to the end of Schottenheimer and the day of accountability and reckoning for Ryan and for [I]that [/I]Holmes has my complete admiration.

SAR I

And PSL's are a good investment for the Fans :zzz:

[QUOTE=SAR I;4305132][IMG]http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img/item/170/905/844/p8lM.jpg[/IMG]

Santonio Holmes demonstrated a fantastic bit of captaincy yesterday but it's been lost in the abyss that is this finally-dead 2011 season. It's easy to label him a 'quitter' and a locker room 'cancer' but dig a bit deeper and you see this:

A fierce competitor, an NFL Champion, a Super Bowl MVP completely at the end of his rope being given one last chance to expose Brian Schottenheimer and Rex Ryan as the fraud's they have now-proven themselves to be. Instead of letting another shot at a Lombardi melt away in the Florida sun due to complacency and lack of heart shown on all sides of the ball, Santonio's frustration boiled over and he exploded for all to see.

And I say good for him. Good for [I]any [/I]member of the lazy 2011 New York Jets to finally stand up and call it for what it is. You ask me, in the way they spoke the likes of Bart Scott, Antonio Cromartie, and Santonio Holmes are better 'captains' than any of those frauds that took a paycheck this season.

In a lost-cause of a game at the end of a lost-cause of a season, Santonio stood up and took a stand for the betterment of the future of our team and for that I applaud him. We're one day closer to the end of Schottenheimer and the day of accountability and reckoning for Ryan and for [I]that [/I]Holmes has my complete admiration.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

let's not forget that when mason spoke out against schotty, he was traded. holmes saw this and kept his mouth shut until the dolphins game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4305132][IMG]http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img/item/170/905/844/p8lM.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

you know what... you've convinced me.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=Bleed Green;4305141]And PSL's are a good investment for the Fans [/QUOTE]

Some of us wanted "Occupy Florham Park". Finally, we got it. The methods in which Santonio delivered his message might be perceived as questionable, but in the end it made no difference, not like a few big plays from him would have changed the fact that we are an 8-8 team with massive issues on all sides of the ball.

If we as [I]fans [/I]are frustrated, imagine what a winner like Holmes feels like.

SAR I

Holmes understands that this organization has major issues with Schittymoron, Franchize and the the Mouth. I understand his frustration. Nevertheless, he had no right to call it quits several games ago (I asked a couple of weeks ago if anybody noticed that he didn't seem to be running his routes with any energy). I think that if Mouth wants to gain any credibility with his players and the fans, he needs to eat Holmes's salary and cut him today.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4305150]Some of us wanted "Occupy Florham Park". Finally, we got it. The methods in which Santonio delivered his message might be perceived as questionable, but in the end it made no difference, not like a few big plays from him would have changed the fact that we are an 8-8 team with massive issues on all sides of the ball.

If we as [I]fans [/I]are frustrated, imagine what a winner like Holmes feels like.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

his talents are being wasted in an offense that won't use him correctly. i'm wondering if he's also had it with rex's ground and pound.

Hall Of Fame
    Holmes knew what our problem was.

you want to know what happened to the 2011 Jets season?

Ask yourself this question: Did our offense look 'coordinated'?

:rolleyes:

How could I have not seen it, he is a martyr, he started fights with his teammates because he had to for the better of the team. I get it now he is the rosa parks of the jets. Man was a wrong about this guy. He put the teams needs ahed of his own public criticism so we would be better off in the long run. Move over messier we have a new captain in town[QUOTE=SAR I;4305132][IMG]http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img/item/170/905/844/p8lM.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=freestater;4305145]you know what... you've convinced me.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't Santonio being selfish. That was Santonio standing up and speaking out.

Where we were in the season, where we were in the game, wouldn't YOU have lashed out at the OL or the QB? After the game, wouldn't YOU have leaked your frustration at the media?

I wish the media would have a designated Jets fan at the podium after games so someone can tell it like it is. Good for Santonio. He didn't let the season end comfortably for the team. Take away his "C"? No way. He's the first to be allowed to [I]keep [/I]his.

SAR I

[QUOTE=freestater;4305161]Holmes knew what our problem was.

you want to know what happened to the 2011 Jets season?

Ask yourself this question: Did our offense look 'coordinated'?

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

seriously. how many false starts did they have in the first half alone yesterday? the entire offense, from the qb on down, is playing uninspired football. nobody believes in the gameplan anymore. throwing 80 times against the giants was probably the last straw.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=rextilleon;4305153]Holmes understands that this organization has major issues with Schittymoron, Franchize and the the Mouth. I understand his frustration. Nevertheless, he had no right to call it quits several games ago (I asked a couple of weeks ago if anybody noticed that he didn't seem to be running his routes with any energy). I think that if Mouth wants to gain any credibility with his players and the fans, he needs to eat Holmes's salary and cut him today.[/QUOTE]

I can speak only for myself but I'm sure there are thousands of others, but I "quit" on the 2011 season after the Patriots/Broncos week. Allowed myself to be sucked back in a bit after the Redskins/Chiefs laughers. Jumped off the ship completely after the Eagles no-show.

To someone like Holmes, and me too frankly, this season was supposed to be a 12 win AFC East Championship campaign and this team was so broken on defense and OL and coaching that after the Eagles game it was clear we weren't going anywhere even if we did eke into the wildcard again.

Holmes has put himself in a brave situation. Either the Jets get rid of him and eat his salary or get rid of Schottenheimer and have their superstar WR back on track.

Bravo, Santonio. That's what a [i]real [/i]captain would do. If you know now what he knew weeks ago, pulling this stunt is a great thing to move our franchise forward.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4305160]his talents are being wasted in an offense that won't use him correctly. i'm wondering if he's also had it with rex's ground and pound.[/QUOTE]

We see lame teams throw the ball 20 yards up the field routinely, only the Jets run 5 yard patterns on 3rd and 10.

And last year's bread-and-butter Tone Slant, I think I saw the team run that play once this whole season, and Sanchez missed him completely in Denver.

It's going to come out, this Schotty vs. Holmes war, and we'll keep the player and dump the coordinator.

SAR I

SAR I[

I wouldn't call him a hero and I'm not condoning what he did but it did elevate the exposure and state of this team major insufficiencies which is great for this coming off season and future. He obviously shouldn't be captain give it to Revis or Mangold. He definitely wasn't a game changer yesterday but he probably will be known as the change agent who exposed this team due to his unorthodox on and off field actions, comments and antics.

I agree with you. All the "teammates" and unnamed sources on the offense bashing Holmes are the Olinemen and Muligan who were responsible for the myriad of penalties and ineptitude of the offense. Holmes got fed up with them so now they are all dumping on Holmes to take away the attention from them.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4305165]That wasn't Santonio being selfish. That was Santonio standing up and speaking out.

Where we were in the season, where we were in the game, wouldn't YOU have lashed out at the OL or the QB? After the game, wouldn't YOU have leaked your frustration at the media?

I wish the media would have a designated Jets fan at the podium after games so someone can tell it like it is. Good for Santonio. He didn't let the season end comfortably for the team. Take away his "C"? No way. He's the first to be allowed to [I]keep [/I]his.

SAR I[/QUOTE]No problem with Lashing out most great players would have. But Number 1 he is not great and 2 there is no excuse for giving up on your team.

Your points are well-taken - not as outlandish as Im sure some
    people here are going to say they are -

But IMO I dont agree with taking out your frustrations on your teammates-
    guys are out there busting thier butts trying to win and you are
    a team captain - I dont know if you have the luxury of
    losing your composure like that -

I would respect him more if he played his butt off then
    got up to the podium after and said flat-out that shtty sucks and needs to
    be fired or we will never go anywhere

[QUOTE=SAR I;4305184]I can speak only for myself but I'm sure there are thousands of others, but I "quit" on the 2011 season after the Patriots/Broncos week. Allowed myself to be sucked back in a bit after the Redskins/Chiefs laughers. Jumped off the ship completely after the Eagles no-show.

To someone like Holmes, and me too frankly, this season was supposed to be a 12 win AFC East Championship campaign and this team was so broken on defense and OL and coaching that after the Eagles game it was clear we weren't going anywhere even if we did eke into the wildcard again.

Holmes has put himself in a brave situation. Either the Jets get rid of him and eat his salary or get rid of Schottenheimer and have their superstar WR back on track.

Bravo, Santonio. That's what a [i]real [/i]captain would do. If you know now what he knew weeks ago, pulling this stunt is a great thing to move our franchise forward.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I respect your opinion (its certainly contrary to most) but I think there is one main problem with it. Holmes quit weeks ago when Jets were still in the playoff picture. There is something to be said for keeping your dirty laundry in house and playing out the season. Its called being a professional.

When your teammates are calling you out for quitting, thats never a good thing. This has nothing to do with standing up to Schotty.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=AnthonySerp;4305162]How could I have not seen it, he is a martyr, he started fights with his teammates because he had to for the better of the team. I get it now he is the rosa parks of the jets. Man was a wrong about this guy. He put the teams needs ahed of his own public criticism so we would be better off in the long run. Move over messier we have a new captain in town[/QUOTE]

As absurd as it might sound to you, your sarcastic post is spot-on. On this particular team at this particular time, [I]someone [/I]needed to speak out before the season ended to force change, and Captain Holmes did exactly that.

Like we fans, he reads this stuff about Schottenheimer being retained and he goes ballistic, can't comprehend it. But unlike we fans, he can actually do something about it at the very time that it needs to be done. Speak out before the assembled media before they moved on to cover the Giants and forget this season entirely. He's a hero.

Your Mark Messier analogy is also unknowingly spot-on. The Rangers didn't make the playoffs in 1993, and in a high-expectation season of frustration Messier spoke out and brought Roger Neilson's complacent reign to an end, ushered in the tough-love Mike Keenan regime in 1994, hello President's Trophy, hello Stanley Cup.

Lazy, talented teams need hard-ass head coaches. Just you watch, that's coming next.

SAR I