Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Santonio Holmes is a HERO, People.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SlickBri481;4309846]Down 2 scores with 3 mins to go your probability to win is maybe 1-2%. I mean, yes, technically it can be done, but if Miami thought the game was still in doubt why did go to the prevent D.[/QUOTE]

Go look at the Heidi game and see how much a score can change in just 9 seconds..

[QUOTE=Savage69;4309855]Go look at the Heidi game and see how much a score can change in just 9 seconds..[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I read this thread and laugh at the idiocy. :yes:

Some of the comments on various web articles are downright offensive.

An interesting dynamic is Steelers fans' opinion on the situation- half of them are saying "Come back to Pittsburgh!" while others are saying they're so glad they got rid of him.

By my count, Holmes cost the Jets more games than he won for them this year.

So lets keep a quitter who's one piss test away from suspension on the team and jettison the QB, the coach and the GM!

[QUOTE=SAR I;4308461]On a team with no leaders and no head coach, yes.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson quit on the team. Dustin Keller quit on the team. I can name a dozen others that didn't show up on Sunday's. Santonio showed some emotion as the season expired, showed he cared. These other lazy frauds hid their heads, said nothing, and focused on getting to their local Maybach dealerships to lease another $250,000 car.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Lol, Santonio acted like a child and you thinking that's leadership is sad.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4309853]Well, SAR's ideas put aside for the moment, Holmes has been getting the double teams as BUrress couldn't pull double coverage no matter what the routes looked like (a backhanded slight of Schotty). Holmes is tough, but not able to break up the coverage. It looked (honestly) to me that, between the doubling and feeling pressure in the locker room with his oline comments...I think the pressure got to him. I think it ate up all his ego strength; he just wanted to go home. There were no demonstrations of protest, just resignation (since his dream was on life support).[/QUOTE]

Brian Schottenheimer sucked the life out of this entire team. Because his offense was so inept the defense gave up hope and eventually the offense did too. Right or wrong, at least Holmes showed some emotion. Revis? Harris? Mangold? These guys are supposed to be leaders too. They say nothing.

Players don't suddenly get lazy and complacent. This same team showed a lot of heart and fight these past two prior seasons in December and January. They didn't just take stupid pills. Something happened. They stopped listening to their coach.

Ryan has lost this team. I don't think he can get it back.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4310241]Brian Schottenheimer sucked the life out of this entire team. Because his offense was so inept the defense gave up hope and eventually the offense did too. Right or wrong, at least Holmes showed some emotion. Revis? Harris? Mangold? These guys are supposed to be leaders too. They say nothing.

Players don't suddenly get lazy and complacent. This same team showed a lot of heart and fight these past two prior seasons in December and January. They didn't just take stupid pills. Something happened. They stopped listening to their coach.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Rex took a good first step SAR. He admitted to losing the team. That's pretty unheard of as long as I can remember (I'm 58). Rex even admitted that he wasn't aware to how much he had lost his team. This is a stunning statement from a blow hard. Personally I would have preferred the Hue Jackson "I'm pi ssed off at this team!" approach. lol

[QUOTE=SAR I;4308236][U]If Holmes is indeed an a-hole[/U]:

Then it's Rex Ryan's job to control him and make him successful. And it's an utter shock that the team would sign him to a huge contract and make him a captain if they knew how 'cancerous' he was in the 2010 campaign.

[U]If Holmes is actually a fed-up champion who can't take another minute of Brian Schottenheimer's ruination of his quarterback and his running game[/U]:

Then he's the only Jet to have the balls to make a scene and take a stand. And as a team-player he kept his mouth shut as long as he could before exploding.

Either way, it's not Santonio Holmes' job to make himself happy. Something this season has made him miserable. I know why I'm miserable. I know why he's miserable, too. He [I]cares[/I]. And there's a simple solution that the team is not considering. If I were in that huddle, I'd scream bloody murder too.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be MUCH more effective to say in a post game press conference "I am having a very difficult time with the O.C. for the first time in my career. The numbers don't lie. I just want to win." WHy yell at the offensive line for Schottenheimer's disaster?

[QUOTE=ROPE;4310331]Rex took a good first step SAR. He admitted to losing the team. That's pretty unheard of as long as I can remember (I'm 58). Rex even admitted that he wasn't aware to how much he had lost his team. This is a stunning statement from a blow hard. Personally I would have preferred the Hue Jackson "I'm pi ssed off at this team!" approach. lol[/QUOTE]

Excellent point--Does anybody understand what LOSING THE TEAM means! Thats perhaps the greatest failure that a coach can have!

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4310241]Brian Schottenheimer sucked the life out of this entire team. [B]Because his offense was so inept the defense gave up hope and eventually the offense did too.[/B] Right or wrong, at least Holmes showed some emotion. Revis? Harris? Mangold? These guys are supposed to be leaders too. They say nothing.

SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Yes; without a doubt. That is the whole enchilada. but understand, Holmes waved his Hero's Cape only as the playoffs vanished. When you tuft your premise with fuzzy logic, you get stuck defending yourself - this deal about Holmes heroics is a gas, but common.

There are plausible (and intangible- ftw!) reasons why none of the leaders stepped up. First is Rex's personality as the Coach is so big, he not only obscured the problems from us, but from himself. He deluded himself I guess. Who knew, who knows...

Of course he can get the players to play; question is, who is going to come when Rex calls? There are other SB contenders now.

I am sure Rex will earn the players trust.

:ontome:
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 01-04-2012 at 02:13 AM.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4310343]Excellent point--Does anybody understand what LOSING THE TEAM means! Thats perhaps the greatest failure that a coach can have![/QUOTE]

I think he's trying to keep Schottenheimer from getting killed as a HC prospect. He has done it ALL THE TIME; why would he change? He would do something like that, suffer the criticism to get Schotty out of here and get back to being the HNIC.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4310241][B]Brian Schottenheimer sucked the life out of this entire team. [/B]Because his offense was so inept the defense gave up hope and eventually the offense did too. Right or wrong, at least Holmes showed some emotion. Revis? Harris? Mangold? These guys are supposed to be leaders too. They say nothing.

[B]Ryan has lost this team. I don't think he can get it back.
    [/B]
    SAR I[/QUOTE]
    Everyone knows I agree with the first highlighted text. It's the second I don't agree with. I don't believe Rex lost this team. He clearly made some mistakes along the way this year. However, he also seems to recognize them and I expect he will learn from them. Schitty makes the same mistakes over and over which renders him hopeless. Rex seems to be handcuffed with this Schitty thing by Woody and/or Tanny. Dump Schitty and this team will be back on board.

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4310427]Yes; without a doubt. That is the whole enchilada. but understand, Holmes waved his Hero's Cape [/QUOTE]

Last time, how is sitting on the bench like a petulant child waving his cape? Is your 5 year old a hero when he\she pouts in the corner because they didn't get their way?

If you believe that, you are raising the next Santonio, or jeffery dalmer!

[IMG]http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/01/02/santonio_holmes_AP120101028_244x183.jpg[/IMG]

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=JetsNeedNewton;4310430]Last time, how is sitting on the bench like a petulant child waving his cape? Is your 5 year old a hero when he\she pouts in the corner because they didn't get their way?

If you believe that, you are raising the next Santonio, or jeffery dalmer!

[IMG]http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/01/02/santonio_holmes_AP120101028_244x183.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Cam Newton? Or Sir Isaac.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 01-04-2012 at 02:51 AM.

[QUOTE=SAR I;4310241][B]Brian Schottenheimer sucked the life out of this entire team. Because his offense was so inept the defense gave up hope and eventually the offense did too.[/B] Right or wrong, at least Holmes showed some emotion. Revis? Harris? Mangold? These guys are supposed to be leaders too. They say nothing.

Players don't suddenly get lazy and complacent. This same team showed a lot of heart and fight these past two prior seasons in December and January. They didn't just take stupid pills. [B] Something happened. They stopped listening to their coach.

Ryan has lost this team. I don't think he can get it back.[/B]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I hope you're wrong SAR, I really do. The first bolded part is SOOOOOO true. NONE of the Schoddy defenders will admit to it, but the rest of us could see it happening. Yet, he STILL remains employed by the NYJ's :steamin:

Sar has to be joking. All players don't have the same standards. Revis isn't held to the standard as kyle wilson. Everybody has a role. Santonio didn't fulfill his as #1 reciever.
    Seriously answer this
    so shoddy sucks.by your logic the whole team should have refused to play or better yet they all should have layed down on the field cuz that would send a better message. Revis should have let marshal go for 4tds then cried. that will show he cares.
    Your confusing effort with ability. There is a huge difference from failing and not trying. Kerley may have failed to get open but holmes didn't try. And that's uunacceptable. No way around it.
    It seems you think the jets are the only team with professional players. And everybody should be sucessful and if they all aren't its the coaches fault.

[IMG]http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-op-is-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg[/IMG]