Thread: The Price for Matt Flynn replacing Sanchez

The Price for Matt Flynn replacing Sanchez

While I think a TON of blame falls on Schotty, Sanchez was an abomination yesterday. His demeanor on the sideline was appalling....it seemed like he didn't care. Why wasn't he looking at pictures, conferring with players or coaches, or leading whatsoever?

Its going to be a big price, but rather then a guy like Manning I think we need to get involved with Matt Flynn. He's 6'2 225 who showed yesterday he can command an offense.

If we need to clean house offensively, why not start with Flynn and make a play for Tom Clements to be our OC? The hard part here is that Clements won't be available for a while until GB is out of the playoffs, but this combo could come in with an offense they already know and hit the ground running.

Now what to do with our current QB....does he need a change of scenery (Seattle to reunite with Carroll), would he sulk if the competed and lost the job to Flynn?

We would need to pay a significant salary for Flynn who is somewhat unproven, but is this a move that kills two birds with one stone?

Would you sign up for Flynn, Clements and a trade of Sanchez for a 3rd round pick?

I would be fine with this only if Clements is included. Obviously.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Matt Flynn?

the guy no one ever heard of before yesterday?

c'mon fellas

this is ****ing retarded

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    this is ****ing retarded
    +1000 except that insults retarded things.

If they are really starting to doubt Sanchez as qb then no to Flynn or any other free agents out there go balls out make a trade on draft day and go get RG3

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    While I think a TON of blame falls on Schotty, Sanchez was an abomination yesterday. His demeanor on the sideline was appalling....it seemed like he didn't care. Why wasn't he looking at pictures, conferring with players or coaches, or leading whatsoever?

Its going to be a big price, but rather then a guy like Manning I think we need to get involved with Matt Flynn. He's 6'2 225 who showed yesterday he can command an offense.

If we need to clean house offensively, why not start with Flynn and make a play for Tom Clements to be our OC? The hard part here is that Clements won't be available for a while until GB is out of the playoffs, but this combo could come in with an offense they already know and hit the ground running.

Now what to do with our current QB....does he need a change of scenery (Seattle to reunite with Carroll), would he sulk if the competed and lost the job to Flynn?

We would need to pay a significant salary for Flynn who is somewhat unproven, but is this a move that kills two birds with one stone?

Would you sign up for Flynn, Clements and a trade of Sanchez for a 3rd round pick?
    Flynn, I believe, is a FA. Why not sign him, cut Brunell and have a little competetion for QB next summer?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    He's 6'2 225 who showed yesterday he can command an offense.
    The Green Bay Packers offense.

You want to break the bank for a guy who has played one meaningless, pressure less game?

I sticking with Sanchez and McElroy gets the 2 hole. Look at him if Sanchize is Refried beans.

We should learn from Neil O'Donnell, Favre, McNabb, Cutler, Esiason or even Vick in Philly.

Build a team, get your cap in order and re-tool.

The needs are OL, DL pass rusher, WR, safety. Game is still won and lost in trenches.

Go young, get talent.

Sanchez, Scott and Holmes cost a fortune next year and we can't just ditch now. They get the year while we fortify the holes. If these guys stink it up again, we will have some serious money to overhaul the following year.

Sanchez has lost all confidence. So did Eli for awhile. Kids been to two championship games, and has played big in some games.

NFL is about bang for the buck, it's time the Front office made decisions on players, rather than vets on the downside that sell PSLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post
    this is ****ing retarded
    Retarded? Did Sanchez look like someone who is going to be a good qb for us next year.

Whats insulting is saying that "no one heard of matt flynn until yesterday". He has been touted as an excellent young QB for the past 3 years.

No one heard of Cassel either....Geezus

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Matt Flynn?

the guy no one ever heard of before yesterday?

c'mon fellas
    Jetswin, people have been talking of this guy as the next Kolb even before last week's game, no reason this should be dumped.