Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realistic trade

Undrafted Free Agent

Realistic trade

One malcontent for the other... Let's call the Eagles and see if they would do a straight up swap - Desean Jackson for Santonio Holmes... Let the Eagles franchise him and then make the move.. get the guy in here and work out a long term deal... I say with a change of scenery and a new contract, Desean pays dividends..

After watching Santonio quit on the team - he needs to be moved... 2 guys who wore out their welcome in a hurry... at least Desean is younger and gives us the downfield speed we need...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    One malcontent for the other... Let's call the Eagles and see if they would do a straight up swap - Desean Jackson for Santonio Holmes... Let the Eagles franchise him and then make the move.. get the guy in here and work out a long term deal... I say with a change of scenery and a new contract, Desean pays dividends..

After watching Santonio quit on the team - he needs to be moved... 2 guys who wore out their welcome in a hurry... at least Desean is younger and gives us the downfield speed we need...
    You can't be serious....Desean Jackson might be the biggest scumbbag in the league. I am not pleased with what happen with santonio but I rather give him a mulligan as long as rex lays into him a bit than try to get that scum.

He'd still have Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball. And Wayne Hunter for pass protection.

Seems like a fair swap to me....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post

NO

if we are going to trade Holmes, why inheret a younger, less battle tested player in return who has the same exact problems?

and what youre saying is on top of that, that the eagles should franchise him making his 2012 cap hit tremendous, likely larger then Holmes cap hit next year.

no.
    Last edited by TurkJetFan; 01-02-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Not happening.

Isn't DeSean a free agent anyways???

Undrafted Free Agent
    would you rather wind up up a 5th round draft pick? Because if you are going to move him - with his contract - you are either gonna have to take back some other teams tainted goods or a bottom of the draft pick...

um, not a chance.

Its not realistic

DeSean is a FA, we need young hungry recievers like Kerley, he's probably our best reciever on the roster

Help Wanted: An OC/Asst HC

Wow. It's pretty clear after today's press conference that Rex has little involvement with the offense and the players on offense. First, he admitted that he did not know that Holmes, the team's most expensive free agent player on offense was not in the huddle at the end of the game, and second he admitted to having already spoken with several players from the defense after the game but not with the players from the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Not happening.

Isn't DeSean a free agent anyways???
    he said DeSean would be franchised, which very well may occur, and then be traded to the Jets. Same thing happened to Jared Allen.
    I think Philly will work it out with Jackson, though.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Read this very carefully.

Santonio Holmes in not tradable or cutable. His signing bonus would instantly escalate and cripple the Jets salary cap.

We are stuck with him.

Trade Holmes to the Pats for Deion Branch.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Read this very carefully.

Santonio Holmes in not tradable or cutable. His signing bonus would instantly escalate and cripple the Jets salary cap.

We are stuck with him.
    I read it, doesn't mean i believe it. It's not what the resident cap guru has stated, anyway.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    I read it, doesn't mean i believe it. It's not what the resident cap guru has stated, anyway.
    You can believe anything you want. What I state is undisputed fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Santonio View Post
    if cut holmes in 2012 would be

dead money - $12,000,000 plus
    cap hit - $8,000,000 plus

fact.

trading him is not necessarily a TERRIBLE idea but to trade him for a franchise tagged D Jax is not only fiscally retarded it leaves us in the same position player wise as we started.

cutting him is out of the question.

Hall Of Fame
    Holmes is going nowhere.

Desean might be even be harder to deal with than Holmes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrick View Post
    Trade Holmes to the Pats for Deion Branch.
    What make you think that the Patriots or any other team would team would trade for Holmes and his large contract?

Holmes is Jets property unless the Jets cut him, take the cap hit, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot View Post
    What make you think that the Patriots or any other team would team would trade for Holmes and his large contract?

Holmes is Jets property unless the Jets cut him, take the cap hit, and move on.
    there are certainly teams who would inherit it...pats not being one of them

off the top of my head here are a few.

1) jaguars
    2) chiefs if Bowe leaves
    3) Broncos
    4) Raiders
    5) Seattle