View Poll Results: Should the Jets stick with Sanchez in 2012 and Beyond (More details on options below)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sanchez should be dumped immediately. It's been 3 years and he hasn't progressed enough.

4 7.27%
  • Sanchez deserves one more year with new OC. But needs to be markedly better than this season

41 74.55%
  • Sanchez went to 2 AFC championships in his first 2 seasons. He should be the qb for next 3+ years.

10 18.18%

Thread: Poll: Would you stick with Mark Sanchez in 2012 and beyond

Poll: Would you stick with Mark Sanchez in 2012 and beyond

For the sake of argument, lets say Schotty is no longer with the team. What would you, the fan, do about Mark Sanchez. Obviously there's a lot of grey area but the 3 options are, roughly.

1. Sanchez should be dumped immediately. It's been 3 years and he hasn't progressed enough. Sign a guy like Matt Flynn or pick up a holdover like Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell and draft a QB right now

2. Sanchez deserves one more year with new OC. But needs to be markedly better than this season (He puts up similar stats/QB Play in 2012 he gets cut/benched). Sign a guy like Jason Campbell, David Garrard to push Sanchez and bench him if he plays like he did the final two games of 2011

3. Sanchez got us to 2 AFC championships in his first two seasons, he should be our qb for the next 3+years. He progressed a little this year and I expect him to continue to progress. He deserves 3+ years (He puts up similar stats/QB Play in 2012 he gets another season). Sign a guy like Jason Campbell/David Garrard for injury only.

I'm curious what the general view of Sanchez is at this point.
    Last edited by Batmans A Scientist; 01-02-2012 at 06:47 PM.

I vote 2.

Part of the benefit of getting rid of Schitty is to isolate the problem. Sanchez needs a year under a new OC...unless we somehow had a chance at RGIII. Which we don't. So Sanchez it is.

Jets Insider VIP
    He deserves a shot with a new RT and QB coach and OC.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4307709]I vote 2.

Part of the benefit of getting rid of Schitty is to isolate the problem. Sanchez needs a year under a new OC...unless we somehow had a chance at RGIII. Which we don't. So Sanchez it is.[/QUOTE]

Fully agree. Change one thing to learn the source of the problem.

That said...it would be DUMB not to upgrade O-Line (Hunter) and RB.

The Jets probably won't be in a position to draft one of the top QB prospects, so I see no reason not to give Sanchez one more year with a new OC. If he doesn't make significant improvement next season then the team can start seriously looking for a new QB.

Also, Sanchez's role in reaching the two AFC championships is overblown by his supporters, just like this season's failures are overblown by his detractors. While he certainly stepped up in some playoff games, the team was there in the first place more because of other factors like defense and a solid running game as opposed to Sanchez's QB play throughout the year. Most of the time he was a game manager, similar to Big Ben during his first few years with the Steelers when they went to the playoffs and eventually won a SB.
    Last edited by ryan44; 01-02-2012 at 06:24 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I say if they keep Schotty as OC they should get rid of Sanchez because the Jets are RUINING Sanchez and turning him into ahorrible QB!!!!!:eek:

So three people have lost their minds after the fiasco of a PC this afternoon, that much is clear.

Good Post....

This is a tough call... The guy deserves all the opportunity to succeed. I really want to see him in season 2 of a new offensive system. What puzzles me this year is that he was lighting it up stats wise the first three games of the season. He had some bad turnovers but was throwing the ball all over the place. Next thing you know we can't throw for squat. I just don't get it. I know they were going more ground and pound after their three game losing streak but he looked sharp early on other than the turnovers. Once Mangold went down Sanchez was never the same, even after Manbeast returned.

sanchez is 25 lol.

so many jets fans are just flat out stupid.

it really is unbelievable.

Hall Of Fame

#3 but i have no idea how many years 'give' is...

Jets Insider VIP
    Go back to your day jobs

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4307738]#3 but i have no idea how many years 'give' is...[/QUOTE]

That was supposed to be 5, but I actually made it 3+.

Number 2 would be my solution. He should be required to win the right to start at QB in TC though.

I'm actually surprised, based on the comments on the board, I would have thought a lot more people would have wanted to cut him. I'm really suprised that so many people are convinced he's the answer.