Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Jeff Fisher to interview with Dolphins

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,843

    Jeff Fisher to interview with Dolphins

    Makes sense because:

    1. He wears a mustache

    2. Fisher's from Woodland Hills, Matt Moore's from Van Nuys

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Makes sense because:

    1. He wears a mustache

    2. Fisher's from Woodland Hills, Matt Moore's from Van Nuys
    We got REX and Tanny...I should be worried?



    We'll draft another Haitan lineman to round out the offense.

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    That's good news for the Dolphins,

    Bad news for the Jets. Won't make them a contender, but they're going to be solid.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,394
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    That's good news for the Dolphins,

    Bad news for the Jets. Won't make them a contender, but they're going to be solid.
    Indeed

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,031
    Fisher is another overated coach, along the lines of Cowher, and the dude in Denver.

    Made the playoffs and over a 500 record 6 times in 17 years, 5-6 playoff record. I can't wait to see Rex's career resume if he can coach here for 15 years like some of these beacons of great coaching.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,261
    Armando Salguero (Miami beat writer) reported that both Cowher and Gruden told Miami that they were not even interested in interviewing for the job

  7. #7
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Fisher is another overated coach, along the lines of Cowher, and the dude in Denver.

    Made the playoffs and over a 500 record 6 times in 17 years, 5-6 playoff record. I can't wait to see Rex's career resume if he can coach here for 15 years like some of these beacons of great coaching.
    So you're saying, one more victory and Rex = Jeff Fisher's level of success?

    Strange way to look at things, but it makes me feel a little better to be honest.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post

    Bad news for the Jets. Won't make them a contender, but they're going to be solid.


    SAR I

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    So you're saying, one more victory and Rex = Jeff Fisher's level of success?

    Strange way to look at things, but it makes me feel a little better to be honest.
    In 9 years with Steve McNair as his starter, he had 5 seasons of 8-8 or worse. That's not that great of a resume with a MVP/Pro Bowl caliber QB, let alone adding a Pro Bowl RB on top of it.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,412
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    In 9 years with Steve McNair as his starter, he had 5 seasons of 8-8 or worse. That's not that great of a resume with a MVP/Pro Bowl caliber QB, let alone adding a Pro Bowl RB on top of it.
    Interesting. I still maintain that the Dolphins will still be difficult to contend with Jeff Fisher as the HC.

    I hope Rex is here that long. I'm curious as to what he can accomplish. 5 playoff wins by Fisher you say?

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
    Jeff Fisher interviewing with the Dolphins today. Arrived in a helicopter with Dolphins owner Stephen Ross.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us