Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 92

Thread: Any Ballhawking FS in this draft class?

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    he's an SS not an FS and those guys aren't worth the 16 pick. He's not Ed Reed or Eric Berry.
    btw- what was Ed Reed's forty time prior to him being selected in the 1st round???? better yet- what was the knock on Reed entering the league in 2002???

    your draft knolwedge is based on trolling so you should be able to find the answer(s)

  2. #42
    so you are saying Mark Barron is similar to Ed reed?

    or are you just arguing for no reason?

    He's not a free safety. period.

  3. #43
    Antonio Allen- SS, South Carolina.....What's the word on him? We loved watching him play, he was a big time playmaker and the heart of the defense

    Cannot imagine him going any later than the 4th and I think he would be a great replacement for Eric Smith

    Also, how about Taylor from LSU?

  4. #44
    About Antonio Allen:

    Final campaign: Allen has made his final season in a Gamecock uniform his best. Hes played and started 11 games so far this year missing only the Arkansas game with a neck injury. He leads the team in tackles with 81 so far this year, which includes 8.5 for a loss. Allen has proven Beamer right in that hes making all kinds of plays from the Spur position. He has three interceptions, forced four fumbles recovering three, and has five passes defended. In run support or in pass coverage, Allen has been all over the field this season and could be a mid-round selection in the NFL Draft this April as a strong safety.

  5. #45
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    so you are saying Mark Barron is similar to Ed reed?

    or are you just arguing for no reason?

    He's not a free safety. period.
    arguing? no- just laughing at the poster who revered taylor mays and is now making claims Barron is not worthy of a mid-first round pick.......

    btw- i never even came close to infering Barron is similar to Ed Reed- you brought up the name of Reed- who struggled to break 4.5s prior to the 2002 draft- while you incessantly whine about Barron's poor footspeed......

    of course anyone who watched both play in college would come to the reasonable conclusion that Barron is as good a product entering the draft as Reed was prior to 2002 event...leaves you out of the equation again...
    Last edited by Come Back to NY; 01-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.

  6. #46
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Antonio Allen- SS, South Carolina.....What's the word on him? We loved watching him play, he was a big time playmaker and the heart of the defense

    Cannot imagine him going any later than the 4th and I think he would be a great replacement for Eric Smith

    Also, how about Taylor from LSU?
    I like Allen but my favorite safety from the SEC is Tramain Thomas from Arkansas. Team leader, tough, athletic and a complete safety.

    Too bad Bacarri Rambo from Georgia isn't gonna enter this year, he's gonna be a stud...

  7. #47
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I like Allen but my favorite safety from the SEC is Tramain Thomas from Arkansas. Team leader, tough, athletic and a complete safety.

    Too bad Bacarri Rambo from Georgia isn't gonna enter this year, he's gonna be a stud...
    the ball skills/coverage abilities on Rambo & Thomas are questionable....Allen is a real good player- very underrated in a secondary & defense full of solid prospects...

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    of course anyone who watched both play in college would come to the reasonable conclusion that Barron is as good a product entering the draft as Reed was prior to 2002 event..
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic

    let's get this thread back on track. the original poster asked for a ballhawking FS

    Mark Barron is neither ballhawking nor an FS. Do you disagree?

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I can't tell if you are being sarcastic
    not being sarcastic at all- trolling for draft knowledge only gets one so far...


    let's get this thread back on track. the original poster asked for a ballhawking FS

    Mark Barron is neither ballhawking nor an FS. Do you disagree?
    absolutely disagree considering Barron's ball skills and the way safety's are interchangable...

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    the ball skills/coverage abilities on Rambo & Thomas are questionable....Allen is a real good player- very underrated in a secondary & defense full of solid prospects...
    Thanks, what round do you expect him to go in? Would he fit well as a replacement for Eric Smith? I believe he would be a perfect fit there....He played the "spur" position at SC

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    trolling for draft knowledge only gets one so far...
    you would know that best

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    you would know that best
    If by trolling you mean spending inhuman amounts of time watching college game film, then yes, he is a big time troll.

  13. #53
    Anyone know if some guy named Kelcie McCray from Ark. St. is any good?

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    you would know that best
    yes- i know....a day later you still can't answer the simple question as what Ed Reed's forty time was or the knocks on his game prior to the 2002 draft...further proof if you can't troll the answer on the other end of your www cable you have no chance..

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Much ado about Nothing View Post
    Anyone know if some guy named Kelcie McCray from Ark. St. is any good?
    more of a straight-line/downhill safety....don't they play NIU in the bowl game?? if so that will be a good test for him against Harnish...

  16. #56
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I like Allen but my favorite safety from the SEC is Tramain Thomas from Arkansas. Team leader, tough, athletic and a complete safety.

    Too bad Bacarri Rambo from Georgia isn't gonna enter this year, he's gonna be a stud...

    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Thanks, what round do you expect him to go in? Would he fit well as a replacement for Eric Smith? I believe he would be a perfect fit there....He played the "spur" position at SC
    i hit SC tomorrow and will give a thought then...

    btw- i was probably a bit harsh on Thomas- its not that his ball skills are bad its more there's just a lot of inconsistency in his game...at times he flashes and you say "holy sh!t" other times he pulls up and doesn't want to hit...

  17. #57
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Antonio Allen- SS, South Carolina.....What's the word on him? We loved watching him play, he was a big time playmaker and the heart of the defense

    Cannot imagine him going any later than the 4th and I think he would be a great replacement for Eric Smith

    Also, how about Taylor from LSU?
    Taylor may be a guy to replace Eric Smith- very sudden, explosive and firerce...solid job in coverage though struggles in man with his back to the ball...Chavis @LSU disguises his coverges so well at times its tough to tell who's doing what....

    I really hope Taylor plays at the Senior Bowl but with the title game less than two weeks before the first practice you don't know...

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    If by trolling you mean spending inhuman amounts of time watching college game film, then yes, he is a big time troll.
    I wonder how he figures out who is declaring early or peed hot at the combine from game film.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    yes- i know....a day later you still can't answer the simple question as what Ed Reed's forty time was or the knocks on his game prior to the 2002 draft...further proof if you can't troll the answer on the other end of your www cable you have no chance..
    without looking it up i'd estimate his 40 in the 4.5 neighborhood. If you think Mark barron is as good (or even close to as good as) Ed Reed that's an easy pick. from what I've seen he's closer to a monster LB than a FS.

  20. #60
    Who is the guy from Georgia? I saw him intercept a pass in bowl game vs MSU, and Gruden seemed pretty high on him. Think he was #8 or 9?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us