Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Analyzing the JI Polls

All Pro
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4315539]Romney was in a way similar but other ways opposite to Kerry. Disenfranchised R's and centrist/center right Independents found him to be a liberal elitist. Romney's flaw is that he is seen by some in the GOP base as not conservative enough.

As an example some hard core social values conservatives (Santorum/Huckabee Types) would be upset with his stated position on Gays in the Military. Romney supports the current system and would not reinstate dont ask dont tell. That stance is agreeable to independents, disaffected Democrats, and Republicans of my ilk.

Another thing is that Romney is criticized for not having an economic plan that is radical enough. Another thing that plays well with hardcore base but in reality his plan is realistic and passable where as the flat tax proposals are pipe dreams.[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I just meant that in both elections the incumbent was/is very beatable and voters who are not big supporters of the incumbent would love to vote against him, only to have a meh (at best) choice on the other side.

Romney is a much stronger candidate than Kerry, but Obama will be much hard to topple than W, and a lot of that is race based, imo.

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4315683]I hear you. I just meant that in both elections the incumbent was/is very beatable and voters who are not big supporters of the incumbent would love to vote against him, only to have a meh (at best) choice on the other side.

Romney is a much stronger candidate than Kerry, but Obama will be much hard to topple than W, and a lot of that is race based, imo.[/QUOTE]

I agree that Obama will be more difficult to defeat than GDubbs should have been. Its why Romney was the only serious candidate this season. He has a potential crossover appeal that the social conservatives simply don't have. Christie/Rubio/Ryan/Daniels all could have had higher ceilings but alas they didn't run.

[QUOTE=chiefst2000;4315707]I agree that Obama will be more difficult to defeat than GDubbs should have been. Its why Romney was the only serious candidate this season. He has a potential crossover appeal that the social conservatives simply don't have. Christie/Rubio/Ryan/Daniels all could have had higher ceilings but alas they didn't run.[/QUOTE]

Christie/Rubio/Ryan really? Daniels was ok. GOP is just sad. See Iowa :yes:

[QUOTE=cr726;4315819]Christie/Rubio/Ryan really? Daniels was ok. GOP is just sad. See Iowa :yes:[/QUOTE]

Its clear that you are a Democrat. I get it. You hate all Republicans. Thats your right.

For me, Christie is great, he exhibits a bluntness that is refreshing and has shown the ability to work with a Democrat legislature, Rubio is Reaganesque, he is probably the only politician I have heard recently whose speeches inspire me personally, Ryan is fantastic, he has a way of explaining things that makes sense to anyone willing to listen, and Daniels is a Governor that is getting the job done. They all have great potential and I'm hoping one of that group will be the Romney's Vice President.

it is funny because Romney is everything that I have heard Republican voters say they are against the last few years, I mean he is the poster child for out of touch elitist.

What was with his constant and annoying habit of reciting "America The Beautiful" while in Iowa every chance he could get. then making that awful joke about corn instead of waves of grain....it just reaked of someone totaly out of touch IMO.

They need to make sure whoever his VP is has strong across the board appeal to the base and that they play that up.

Me, I am probably sitting this one out, unless Ron Paul gets the nomination, then I would have to reconsider.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=piney;4316028]...I mean he is the poster child for out of touch elitist...[/QUOTE]

But that was how they felt a few years ago...not now. Republicans USED to hate elitists and claimed they stood for the ordinary American. The motherf*cking Joe the Plumber types. That was when they had a folksy president who said stuff like "y'all" and "giggity" and who drove a pickup and cleared brush and like NASCAR and cheap domestic beer..

Now...now they take sh*ts on ordinary Americans and stand with and for the top 1% elitists in the country.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4315847]Its clear that you are a Democrat. I get it. You hate all Republicans. Thats your right.

For me, Christie is great, he exhibits a bluntness that is refreshing and has shown the ability to work with a Democrat legislature, Rubio is Reaganesque, he is probably the only politician I have heard recently whose speeches inspire me personally, Ryan is fantastic, he has a way of explaining things that makes sense to anyone willing to listen, and Daniels is a Governor that is getting the job done. They all have great potential and I'm hoping one of that group will be the Romney's Vice President.[/QUOTE]

What Romney has that all of those guys dont is a lack of a current political record. ALL of the guys you mentioned have done things as Governor that many people hate.