Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I think it's McDaniels in 2012.

Why I think it's McDaniels in 2012.

1. Personality wise, he's a sh!t talker. Rex loves this.
    2. He knows that Patriots offense, he practically designed it. He'll have massive insight on how to stop it which would get us over the hump.
    3. He made Kyle Orton look like a capable QB who put up close to 4000 yards and 20+ TDs with low INTs.

I think he'd fit right in. Of course, this is predicated on the fact that he actually becomes available.

Dude, Schottenheimer is not going anywhere. The more people realize this, the more we can embrace and drink ourselves through the rest of next season.

Wouldn't mind bringing in McDaniels. It could work

Jets Insider VIP
    Then demote Rex to DC and make Mulligan the HC?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4309411]Then demote Rex to DC and make Mulligan the HC?[/QUOTE]

Matthew Mulligan?

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4309407]Dude, Schottenheimer is not going anywhere. The more people realize this, the more we can embrace [B]and drink ourselves through the rest of next season.[/B][/QUOTE]

What's wrong with that?

i wouldnt mind josh.

although i have haerd that mcdaniels offense schemes are so complex that it takes 3 years to master etc...

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southside;4309405]1. Personality wise, he's a sh!t talker. Rex loves this.
    2. [B]He knows that Patriots offense, he practically designed it. He'll have massive insight on how to stop it which would get us over the hump[/B].
    3. He made Kyle Orton look like a capable QB who put up close to 4000 yards and 20+ TDs with low INTs.

I think he'd fit right in. Of course, this is predicated on the fact that he actually becomes available.[/QUOTE]

Well knowing how to do it and ACTUALLY doing it are two different things. What insight do you need? Pressure Brady and cover Gronkowski, two things the Jets can not do. We dont need McDaniels to tell us how to stop the Pats.

Other than that, if McDaniels is willing you could probably do worse than him.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4309411]Then demote Rex to DC and make Mulligan the HC?[/QUOTE]

Superbowl bound

Pats offense is completely different now with the TEs the focus, than it was in McDaniels' day in 2007 and 2008.

I think McDaniels is a good OC, notwithstanding the Rams suckitude this past year. But I doubt he's the right fit for Rex, McDaniels wants a pass-heavy offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    With Norv staying in SD, I'd go with either McDaniels or Todd Haley.

Two younger guys who know how to run an effective offense, won't take any sh*t, and will hold guys accountable.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JFB;4309413]Matthew Mulligan?[/QUOTE]

The one and only.

He got all those false start penalties because he is eager to be a coach in the league.

But I just checked, McDaniels hasn't been fired yet. He still has one more year on his contract.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4309422]With Norv staying in SD, I'd go with either McDaniels or Todd Haley.

[B]Two younger guys who know how to run an effective offense, won't take any sh*t, and will hold guys accountable.[/B][/QUOTE]

If the head coach doesnt hold anyone accountable, how would the OC be able to do it??

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4309407]Dude, Schottenheimer is not going anywhere. The more people realize this, the more we can embrace and drink ourselves through the rest of next season.[/QUOTE]

Enough with the negitive waves.....

All League
    I'd love to see us get [I]anyone[/I] from the Saints or Packers.:P

McDaniels just conducted the worst offense in the league. The Rams scored the 3rd fewest points of any team in the last 10 years.

If you preside over an offense that makes Jacksonville's look functional, you are not a good candidate. Even Schottenheimer would have made the Rams offense look better this season.

Jets Insider VIP

[B][SIZE="5"][I]"Here I come to save the daaaaay!"[/I][/SIZE][/B]

[IMG]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/gallery/files/3/2/0/1/ror_chiefs_dec2011114.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetsfootballguy;4309443]McDaniels just conducted the worst offense in the league. The Rams scored the 3rd fewest points of any team in the last 10 years.

If you preside over an offense that makes Jacksonville's look functional, you are not a good candidate. Even Schottenheimer would have made the Rams offense look better this season.[/QUOTE]

Can you name a single player on the Rams offense outside of Bradford, Jackson, and Lloyd?

There isn't a team in the league that has less talent on offense or was hit by injuries as badly as St. Louis this year.

Jets Insider VIP

No, I would elevate Mulligan to O-Line coach first. Its a process.