Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why I think it's McDaniels in 2012.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking Callahan. If he bolts, maybe Haley?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bay Ridge Jet;4309478]No chance Todd Clements would take the job, right?[/QUOTE]
    EDIT Sorry, I thought that he was the BUF OC; Gaily does that. So sorry.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 01-03-2012 at 05:52 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GronkWelkhead;4309728]THIS...or he returns to the Pats. He left under good circumstances and was highly thought of by Bill, Brady and Kraft.[/QUOTE]

I think he burned his bridges with the Pats when he tried to save his job by proclaiming that the Pats' videotaping effort was a coordinated and long term campaign.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4309422]With Norv staying in SD[B], I'd go with either McDaniels or Todd Haley.[/B]

Two younger guys who know how to run an effective offense, won't take any sh*t, and will hold guys accountable.[/QUOTE]

everyone knows ive been pushing tom clements from green bay..but the more i look at things i could seee the jets bringing in haley because hes a past jet coach and his fathers long tenure w team...mcdaniels past w the pats..makes him attractive to mr.t..only knock on both these guys at this time trying to get peace and harmony w some of these players i.e. holmes r these 2 guys the right fit personality wise?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josh isn't coming here at all. He knows he can't fix any the issues here. He only took the Rams job was Bradford in his 2nd year and those numbers were supposed to grow and get better and he would have gotten credit. It backfired cause of the injuries and I know the Rams lacked talent but how many times was Jackson healthy and he never properly used him. I like Josh I really do but he won't solve anything here. Players also tend to not just dislike him after 8 games but they literally hate him and we don't need that. We had enough of that with Schotty

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jpoppy7;4309421]Pats offense is completely different now with the TEs the focus, than it was in McDaniels' day in 2007 and 2008.

I think McDaniels is a good OC, notwithstanding the Rams suckitude this past year. But I doubt he's the right fit for Rex, McDaniels wants a pass-heavy offense.[/QUOTE]

defending that offense is simple. get to brady and u have a chance.

otherwise, u don't.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora confirms that the Rams "would like to retain" Josh McDaniels as offensive coordinator.

Owner Stan Kroenke is a big McDaniels backer and wants to maintain stability in Sam Bradford's development even if the 2010 first-rounder took a step back in 2011. McD is no lock to remain in St. Louis, however, with a new GM and head coach on the way in.

Source: NFL.com

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4309407]Dude, Schottenheimer is not going anywhere. The more people realize this, the more we can embrace and drink ourselves through the rest of next season.[/QUOTE]

I agree life sucks next season.

Listen to this... I had a crazy dream where I was on a deserted island and all of a sudden I saw two guys and it was some random guy and Brian Schottenheimer in handcuffs. The guy told me he kidnapped Schitty and brought him to this deserted Island as an ultimate sacrifice to save the Jets future with Rex & Sanchez. He then asked me why I was there and I couldn't remember and woke up happy for just a minute until I realized it was just a dream. How sad is that? I'm happy when someone gets kidnapped... Life as a Jets fan I guess... lol
    Last edited by KingofNY; 01-03-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he can teach the Jets to tape.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it's not that different. it's just that gonkowski and hernandez pose different match up challenges to the people covering them. the patsies run a variant of the f back type offense that the tuna used with the jets.

[QUOTE=jpoppy7;4309421]Pats offense is completely different now with the TEs the focus, than it was in McDaniels' day in 2007 and 2008.

I think McDaniels is a good OC, notwithstanding the Rams suckitude this past year. But I doubt he's the right fit for Rex, McDaniels wants a pass-heavy offense.[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Equilibrium;4309807]I think he burned his bridges with the Pats when he tried to save his job by proclaiming that the Pats' videotaping effort was a coordinated and long term campaign.[/QUOTE]

It was co-ordinated and long term. BB never denied it. Until two years prior a lot of teams in the nfl was doing it. BB just kept doing it after they told him to stop.

It was not a secret the camera was full size not a sony handy cam.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DaBrick;4310390]Maybe he can teach the Jets to tape.[/QUOTE]

Who do you think was shooting all those videos of Rex's wife? ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4309411]Then demote Rex to DC and make Mulligan the HC?[/QUOTE]

**** Mulligan. Are you available, if we started a write-in campaign? :alien: