Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joel Dressen

All Pro

Joel Dressen

What do you guys think about signing this guy to be our 2nd TE behind Keller.

Decent run blocker
    Decent hands

Hall Of Fame
    I believe we drafted him originally.

it would be a huge upgrade over mulligan

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=TheOne;4309451]it would be a huge upgrade over mulligan[/QUOTE]

This guy would be an upgrade over Mulligan:

[IMG]http://tangledeye.com/pages/plenty/images/big_rock.jpg[/IMG]

with the added upside of no more false start penalties.

Then again...these are the Jets. And if any team in the league would have a stationary boulder get flagged for false starts, it would be us.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4309449]I believe we drafted him originally.[/QUOTE]

We did. Stole him in the 6th round, then gave up on him far too quickly. He's just the kind of guy you want as your 2nd TE - a dependable receiver with good blocking ability.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sec.101row23;4309449]I believe we drafted him originally.[/QUOTE]

I believe we did

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=mrcoops;4309462]We did. Stole him in the 6th round, then gave up on him far too quickly. He's just the kind of guy you want as your 2nd TE - a dependable receiver with good blocking ability.[/QUOTE]

Him and Owen Daniels are a nice TE tandem.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=mrcoops;4309462]We did. Stole him in the 6th round,[B] then gave up on him far too quickly[/B]. He's just the kind of guy you want as your 2nd TE - a dependable receiver with good blocking ability.[/QUOTE]

Like we've done with several players and like we may do with Sanchez.

All League
    No what I want is Cumberland to get his achilles healthy. Everyone is
    forgetting how good he looked in the pre-season and the start of the
    season. He's 6-4 and 260 our #2 TE is already on the roster

cumberland's rehab is going great and is expected to be back. he is a beast in size and has very good speed. he could be our jermichael finley if we had a qb that could throw to him

Should have never let him go to begin with.

[QUOTE=Dinkanddunk;4309548][B]cumberland's rehab is going great and is expected to be back.[/B] he is a beast in size and has very good speed. he could be our jermichael finley if we had a qb that could throw to him[/QUOTE]

Not doubting you, but where did you see this? It's great news if true.

Cumberland wasn't much as a blocker either, but he definitely would have kept Mulligan on the sidelines where he should be shackled.

All things being equal (i.e, $$$$), Joel Dressen will sign with a team that has a QB that can get him the ball. [B]He will not come back to this mess. [/B]Dallas Clark and Antonio Gates are getting to the point in their career where it seems they are always hurt and out of the lineup. I can see Dressen ending up on either of those teams.

I'm definitely buying into the 2 TE offense (see my post about drafting a TE early this year), but I'm not sure if Dressen would be the answer. I think he was on the Jets team that lost to Denver in the AFC Championship game (when Vinny T was QB) so he's not young and probably not that fast.

All League
    Lot of players we drafted we let go and became good players elsewhere

Joel Dreesen
    Derrick Ward
    Jonathan Goodwin
    Nate Garner

Cumberland could be good. That's why Jets NEED an OC like Norve Turner (too late now). They need an OC that won't do an end around to kill a drive! They need an OC that know how call plays and go with the hot hand. SCHOTTY SUCKS!!!

Dreesen was also a long snapper.

All League
    [QUOTE=CTJetsFanII;4309601]I'm definitely buying into the 2 TE offense (see my post about drafting a TE early this year), but I'm not sure if Dressen would be the answer. I think he was on the Jets team that lost to Denver in the AFC Championship game (when Vinny T was QB) so he's not young and probably not that fast.[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke? Dreessen was drafted in 2005...

We don't need another tight end.We have the future greatest tight end,maybe greatest football player of all time

Matt (GOAT) Mulligan

Someday we will tell our grandkids that we saw in his prime the best football player that ever lived Matt (Greatness) Mulligan

All Pro
    [QUOTE=CTJetsFanII;4309601]I'm definitely buying into the 2 TE offense (see my post about drafting a TE early this year), but I'm not sure if Dressen would be the answer. I think he was on the Jets team that lost to Denver in the AFC Championship game (when Vinny T was QB) so he's not young and probably not that fast.[/QUOTE]

I think you are cunfusing him with Blake Spence. Dreessen was drafted in 2005 so he is probably around 28.