Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dilfer saying Mark needs to change throwing motion

Dilfer saying Mark needs to change throwing motion

said it has changed over the last 2 years and that has caused the inconsistentcy. needs to start over tomorrow and fix it.

i think a new QB coach would help

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sect313;4309748]said it has changed over the last 2 years and that has caused the inconsistentcy. needs to start over tomorrow and fix it.

i think a new QB coach would help[/QUOTE]

We should hire Dilfer.

All Pro
    footwork

Hall Of Fame
    what the f*** has this kid's coaches been ****ing doing!?!?!?!:steamin:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

If by changing his motion he means stop chucking the football like a spear into a charging WoolyMammoth two feet in front of him, I'm all for it.

I've seen more lift in a gutterball at the local alley.

-

[QUOTE=32green;4309757]If by changing his motion he means stop chucking the football like a spear into a charging WoolyMammoth two feet in front of him, I'm all for it.

I've seen more lift in a gutterball at the local alley.

-[/QUOTE]

ROFL!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=freestater;4309756]what the f*** has this kid's coaches been ****ing doing!?!?!?!:steamin:[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering about that for a while.

Sanchez can throw an absolute strike between 2 defenders, or overthrow a wide open receiver by 3 yards. That's mechanics IMO.

Sanchez is doing something wrong on certain throws. If he makes the throw once, he should be able to do it again. It's difficult for the thrower to know exactly where his footwork is or elbow height on throws, so that's why there are coaches supposed to be looking at the thrower when he does it.

It happens in baseball all the time. The pitching coach can see when the elbow drops or there is overstriding. Why aren't Cavanaugh and Schitty doing the same?

Sanchez has his issues, but I believe he is poorly coached.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SMC;4309761]I've been wondering about that for a while.

Sanchez can throw an absolute strike between 2 defenders, or overthrow a wide open receiver by 3 yards. That's mechanics IMO.

Sanchez is doing something wrong on certain throws. If he makes the throw once, he should be able to do it again. It's difficult for the thrower to know exactly where his footwork is or elbow height on throws, so that's why there are coaches supposed to be looking at the thrower when he does it.

It happens in baseball all the time. The pitching coach can see when the elbow drops or there is overstriding. Why aren't Cavanaugh and Schitty doing the same?

Sanchez has his issues, but I believe he is poorly coached.[/QUOTE]

Schotty has managed to turn decent lemonade back into a lemon.

Veteran
    He also said today (or yesterday) on The Herd that Sanchez doesn't work hard enough and cited to the fact that he spends the offseason in So Cal instead of Florham Park. I thought that was interesting.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4309765]He also said today (or yesterday) on The Herd that Sanchez [B][SIZE="5"]doesn't work hard enough[/SIZE][/B] and cited to the fact that [B][SIZE="5"]he spends the offseason in So Cal instead of Florham Park[/SIZE][/B]. I thought that was interesting.[/QUOTE]

These are two very different things. They could both be true, but I don't think so. Working out in California and away from the team HQ does not equal a poor work ethic.

I've never heard anyone else criticize Sanchez's work habits.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4309772]These are two very different things. They could both be true, but I don't think so. Working out in California and away from the team HQ does not equal a poor work ethic.

I've never heard anyone else criticize Sanchez's work habits.[/QUOTE]

I doubt he called the extra practices Holmes didn't like, so they could sit around and screw off.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=freestater;4309756]what the f*** has this kid's coaches been ****ing doing!?!?!?!:steamin:[/QUOTE]

They made him worse. They taught him nothing useful and probably filled his head with bad ideas. This is what happens when your OC and QB coach are totally incompetent. I've been saying they would ruin him for 3 years now.

There's a reason Cavanaugh amassed a whopping 4300 yards and a QB rating of 72 in his 13-year playing career.

He was a ****ty QB and now he's a ****ty QB coach. He's just teaching Sanchez as best he knows how...

Drew Brees threw for 1,000 more yards THIS SEASON than Cavanaugh passed for in over a decade of holding various clipboard. You get what you pay for.

Cauvanagh said in shock "what would make you think Sanchez is not the franchise guy?" He thinks Sanchez is right where he needs to be and there is no reason to question him. :eek: I guess they are patting themselves on the back for a job well done.

[QUOTE=GreenWave;4309809]There's a reason Cavanaugh amassed a whopping 4300 yards and a QB rating of 72 in his 13-year playing career.

He was a ****ty QB and now he's a ****ty QB coach. He's just teaching Sanchez as best he knows how...

Drew Brees threw for 1,000 more yards THIS SEASON than Cavanaugh passed for in over a decade of holding various clipboard. You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/tom-clements/bb67e02f-a2b1-4543-83af-00f437249c9f[/url]

tom clements

[QUOTE=RoadFan;4309791]They made him worse. They taught him nothing useful and probably filled his head with bad ideas. This is what happens when your OC and QB coach are totally incompetent. I've been saying they would ruin him for 3 years now.[/QUOTE]

I do know Schotty has drilled into his head to check it down if the guy is not wide open.

All League
    Why didn't Dilfer take his own advice?

Jets Insider VIP

[B][SIZE="3"]Obviously the Jets coaching staff has beeen to concerned with figuring out how to throw 60+ passes a game to be bothered with actually working with the QB!!!:eek:[/SIZE][/B]

Good Greif!!!:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4309815]I do know Schotty has drilled into his head to check it down if the guy is not wide open.[/QUOTE]

Precisely the point!!!!

[B][SIZE="3"]Telling Sanchez to get rid of the ball by 2 seconds this year was INSANE!!![/SIZE][/B]

Remember when they started BLOWING a whistle at Sanchez to make sure that he got rid of the ball to the check down WR in 2 seconds... Since then Sanchez has not been as confident throwing the ball!!!!

[B][SIZE="4"]It is called horrible coaching!!!![/SIZE][/B]:eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4309791]They made him worse. They taught him nothing useful and probably filled his head with bad ideas. This is what happens when your OC and QB coach are totally incompetent. I've been saying they would ruin him for 3 years now.[/QUOTE]

+1 sanchez got "schitted" on..... :flush: