Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dilfer saying Mark needs to change throwing motion

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RoadFan;4309791]They made him worse. They taught him nothing useful and probably filled his head with bad ideas. This is what happens when your OC and QB coach are totally incompetent. I've been saying they would ruin him for 3 years now.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="4"]This is so obviously TRUE that is is CRAZY!!!!

Something is WRONG here [SIZE="5"]WRONG[/SIZE] and they have no COURAGE to change it immediately...

Insanity!!!!![/SIZE][/B]:eek:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    we need to find out what free agents will be available from teams like the saints/packers.. their qb's get ample time in the pocket to throw... this would shut santonio up for the season... :yes:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sect313;4309748]said it has changed over the last 2 years and that has caused the inconsistentcy. needs to start over tomorrow and fix it.

i think a new QB coach would help[/QUOTE]

He also said that he thought Schotty did a decent to pretty good job.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, Sanchez is pretty bad at playing quarterback.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no doubt that mechanics and pocket presence have regressed this season. Sanchez looks extremely uncomfortable and lacks confidence for very long stretches of time. This is a coaching and scheme problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh great

the lousiest QB to win a SB interviewed by a Giants fan

if Roman Phifer didnt have one of the worst defensive games in history no one would remember this doosh

he thinks Schitty is not the problem-'nuff said

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that there is a lot that Sanchez needs to improve on, but let's also take a look at the source. It is not like Dilfer was the model QB, he only has a slightly better arm then John Clayton!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4309869]There is no doubt that mechanics and pocket presence have regressed this season. Sanchez looks extremely uncomfortable and lacks confidence for very long stretches of time. This is a coaching and scheme problem.[/QUOTE]

That goes back to my original assertion that the lockout had a huge effect on Sanchez's development.

That was the main reason he was in California and it was the main reason he couldn't communicate with his coaches about these certain technical aspects until it was too late.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    They touched on this with Sanchez on the Michael Kay show today, Dilfer and Steve Young said there was a problem with Sanchez' mechanics-- something about that he was curling his arm near his ear (?) when he throws.
    Mark responded saying he respected their opinion and would look into it on film.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=R. Tyme;4309894]They touched on this with Sanchez on the Michael Kay show today, Dilfer and Steve Young said there was a problem with Sanchez' mechanics-- something about that he was curling his arm near his ear (?) when he throws.
    Mark responded saying he respected their opinion and would look into it on film.[/QUOTE]

The fact that he said this tells you that he HASN'T been [B][SIZE="3"]coached PROPERLY [/SIZE][/B]and it is really a [B][SIZE="4"]DISGRACE[/SIZE][/B]!!!!:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good, but it is a pipe dream. To master a new motion would take years. This is what GB did with Rodgers. Sanchez does not have that much time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4309753]We should hire Dilfer.[/QUOTE]

+10 Dilfer would make a great Qb coach. We'd have to pay him more than any Qb coach in history, but if he took the job then our offensive woes would get alot fewer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4309809]There's a reason Cavanaugh amassed a whopping 4300 yards and a QB rating of 72 in his 13-year playing career.

He was a ****ty QB and now he's a ****ty QB coach. He's just teaching Sanchez as best he knows how...

Drew Brees threw for 1,000 more yards THIS SEASON than Cavanaugh passed for in over a decade of holding various clipboard. You get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

But Sanchez worked with Brees in the off season and with rich gannon.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 01-04-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeahh,,,, that's surely the problem lol :P

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4309939]Sounds good, but it is a pipe dream. To master a new motion would take years. This is what GB did with Rodgers. Sanchez does not have that much time.[/QUOTE]

Differ mentioned in his comments that Sanchez's delivery has changed since college, so it can't take that long.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bronxville Jets Fan;4309765]He also said today (or yesterday) on The Herd that Sanchez doesn't work hard enough and cited to the fact that [B]he spends the offseason in So Cal instead of Florham Park[/B]. I thought that was interesting.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to bring reality into this discussion, but how EXACTLY was Sanchez supposed to work out at Florham Park this offseason?

I recall something about a lock-out thingy.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4309939]Sounds good, but it is a pipe dream. To master a new motion would take years. This is what GB did with Rodgers. Sanchez does not have that much time.[/QUOTE]

It's not a new motion, Dilfer said it's a THIS year thing--said he had the same motion years 1 and 2 as he had at USC--said he and Steve Young noticed it about week 4 or 5 this year.

Said it could be fixed, but he has to start working on it now.

FWIW.

_

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4309929]The fact that he said this tells you that he HASN'T been [B][SIZE="3"]coached PROPERLY [/SIZE][/B]and it is really a [B][SIZE="4"]DISGRACE[/SIZE][/B]!!!!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Interestingly, now when I hear Schotty's comments of "I'm a good coach." or something like that, combined with the blowing of the whistle, I really believe coaches, Ryan included, think it's the player and won't even look at the coaching aspect as the possible problem.

My guess is the Chargers did the same thing with Brees.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4309753]We should hire Dilfer.[/QUOTE]

Dilfer = Sanchez.

Hey Trent? Hey.

Psst.

Weren't you the guy that didn't make the roster 4 months after your team won the Superbowl?

Yeah. You should probably just STFU and be happy you're able to collect a paycheck from anyone or anywhere....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4310056]I don't mean to bring reality into this discussion, but how EXACTLY was Sanchez supposed to work out at Florham Park this offseason?

I recall something about a lock-out thingy.

_[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!