Thread: A disturbing trend

A disturbing trend

OK, I am praying that what Rex and Tanny are saying in public is not what they are planning to do in the off season because if they believe that there is a lot of talent on this team than they are drinking laced Kool-Aid. I mean to say that there are a lot of big play makers on this team ? Where the hell have they been and what the hell have they been doing ?

Rex has to learn that he doesn't need to be loved by the players to get the best out of them. Leaders don't care about who likes or loves them they lead and kick butt when needed.

If they don't make significant business moves including staff and players in the off season than a LOT of Jet fans are going to be angry and who can blame them. This vail of secrecy and refusing to tell it like it really is is sickening. The Ravens outright intimidated this team at every turn and the Eagles proved that the lack of speed is a major problem. Kay did his best to get them to budget but PLEASE let them make the changes that we need to see rather than believe that people like Wayne Hunter and Mullethead deserve another chance

[QUOTE=rmeyer52;4309852]OK, I am praying that what Rex and Tanny are saying in public is not what they are planning to do in the off season because if they believe that there is a lot of talent on this team than they are drinking laced Kool-Aid. I mean to say that there are a lot of big play makers on this team ? Where the hell have they been and what the hell have they been doing ?

Rex has to learn that he doesn't need to be loved by the players to get the best out of them. Leaders don't care about who likes or loves them they lead and kick butt when needed.

If they don't make significant business moves including staff and players in the off season than a LOT of Jet fans are going to be angry and who can blame them. [B]This vail of secrecy and refusing to tell it like it really is is sickening.[/B] The Ravens outright intimidated this team at every turn and the Eagles proved that the lack of speed is a major problem. Kay did his best to get them to budget but PLEASE let them make the changes that we need to see rather than believe that people like Wayne Hunter and Mullethead deserve another chance[/QUOTE]

Again, there's a coach in New England who does the exact same thing

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4309870]Again, there's a coach in New England who does the exact same thing[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me of this.

[QUOTE=rmeyer52;4309880]Thanks for reminding me of this.[/QUOTE]

What I'm saying is that this is par for the course. Its the politics of football. That's also why they kept praising Schotty yesterday; so that they would not hinder his interview with the Jags

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4309899]What I'm saying is that this is par for the course. Its the politics of football. That's also why they kept praising Schotty yesterday; so that they would not hinder his interview with the Jags[/QUOTE]

But that's the thing - who gives a f**** about his interview? This is a business, and Woody should be firing Schotty within 24 hours of the 6th straight season of an under performing offense, especially when it's beyond obvious that he lost the locker room. To Woody, a million dollars to have to pay Schotty for firing him is chump change. Let him go - you're telling me the Jags haven't already heard the blame Schotty's getting for the offense up in NY?

Instead, we have an owner who is in bed with our OC's father, a coach who tells everyone to put the blame on him, but then admits he's clueless about 50% of his team, and a GM who, if certain reports are to be believed, genuinely might want Schotty back. Unreal.

[QUOTE=shuler82;4309925][B]But that's the thing - who gives a f**** about his interview? This is a business, and Woody should be firing Schotty within 24 hours of the 6th straight season of an under performing offense, especially when it's beyond obvious that he lost the locker room. [/B] To Woody, a million dollars to have to pay Schotty for firing him is chump change. Let him go - you're telling me the Jags haven't already heard the blame Schotty's getting for the offense up in NY?

Instead, we have an owner who is in bed with our OC's father, a coach who tells everyone to put the blame on him, but then admits he's clueless about 50% of his team, and a GM who, if certain reports are to be believed, genuinely might want Schotty back. Unreal.[/QUOTE]

Its called professional courtesy. It might also attract better coordinators to our staff if they knew we treated our coordinators (despite how crappy they might be) with respect.

It extends a public image.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Eckesg1;4309946]Its called professional courtesy. It might also attract better coordinators to our staff if they knew we treated our coordinators (despite how crappy they might be) with respect.

It extends a public image.[/QUOTE]

Hey.. if it all pans out with Schotty leaving and us getting a new OC, great. I'm just worried that it's highly possible that we're all projecting a poker game that might not be being played.

All Pro
    If you stand up and say there's not a lot of talent on the team :

1 - you piss off the current players (even more than they are already pissed off)
    2 - you lower the trade / FA value of the current players
    3 - you make it less likely that free agents will want to sign here
    4 - you make it harder to get coaches to want to come here (why would you if there's not a lot to work with?)
    5 - you piss off the fans by doing a 180 degree turn over what you've said all season

There IS a lot of talent on the team - doesn't mean there aren't a lot of holes too. And some of the talent that we do have isn't getting fully used, for various reasons (schemes, heart, chemistry, discipline, whatever).

People want the front office to come out and openly say "WE'RE PISSED, HERE ARE THE CULPRITS!"

If your company had issues, would they openly admit to the media that there were issues? The Jets addressed the public ones by making them seem smaller than they were, Rex took whatever blame he could, and we'll move on.

The should'a would'a game gets old.

[QUOTE=John_0515;4310497]People want the front office to come out and openly say "WE'RE PISSED, HERE ARE THE CULPRITS!"

If your company had issues, would they openly admit to the media that there were issues? The Jets addressed the public ones by making them seem smaller than they were, Rex took whatever blame he could, and we'll move on.

The should'a would'a game gets old.[/QUOTE]

The validity of this statement will become evident in the coming weeks based on the front office's actions.

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4310504]The validity of this statement will become evident in the coming weeks based on the front office's actions.[/QUOTE]

And the patience of the masses who call for everyone's head must be present until enough time passes where the demand for action is valid.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4309946]Its called professional courtesy. It might also attract better coordinators to our staff if they knew we treated our coordinators (despite how crappy they might be) with respect.

It extends a public image.[/QUOTE]

All of a sudden Rex and Co. are worried about public image? Since when? Does that mean he's going to stop with the silly guarantees? The crying? The bird flipping? The cursing at fans? The fights with opposing players?

Professional courtesy is fantasy. You do what's best for your team to win games. And that is to replace Schotty immediately. The Jets owe this guy nothing. He in fact owes them for giving him a job when his only qualification is that he shares a last name with his father. Take a hike, Brian, and don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out.

[QUOTE=Dunnie;4310504]The validity of this statement will become evident in the coming weeks based on the front office's actions.[/QUOTE]

Well said.:yes:

[QUOTE=John_0515;4310507]And the patience of the masses who call for everyone's head must be present until enough time passes where the demand for action is valid.[/QUOTE]

and nice retort. :yes:

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4310510]All of a sudden Rex and Co. are worried about public image? Since when? Does that mean he's going to stop with the silly guarantees? The crying? The bird flipping? The cursing at fans? The fights with opposing players?

Professional courtesy is fantasy. You do what's best for your team to win games. And that is to replace Schotty immediately. The Jets owe this guy nothing. He in fact owes them for giving him a job when his only qualification is that he shares a last name with his father. Take a hike, Brian, and don't let the door hit you in the azz on the way out.[/QUOTE]

and this could NOT be truer. :steamin:

[QUOTE=rmeyer52;4309852]OK, I am praying that what Rex and Tanny are saying in public is not what they are planning to do in the off season because if they believe that there is a lot of talent on this team than they are drinking laced Kool-Aid. I mean to say that there are a lot of big play makers on this team ? Where the hell have they been and what the hell have they been doing ?[/QUOTE]

This is something that's got to me as well. I keep hearing - and not just from inside the organisation - that the Jets are loaded with talent and the team is Championship caliber. Well it isn't! Even if the players were all best mates with each other they'd still need to work very hard and everything would have to fall into place for us to go all the way.

Let's face it ;
    - Our receivers are too slow and we can't stretch the field; they don't scare any defences.
    - Our O-Line doesn't protect the QB and struggles to open up holes for the RB's.
    - Our QB lacks confidence and is prone to panic.
    - We don't have a top tier RB and can't decide what the best combo of RB's is.
    - Our Safeties can't cover TE's.
    - Our D gives up big plays and can't seem to play consistently for 60 minutes.
    - Our OC doesn't seem to implement game plans best suited to the players he has available.
    - Our coaching staff can't decide whether to focus on running the ball or passing it.

Every team has it's defencies, of course they do, but, given all ours, we'd need a helluva lot of upside from somewhere to make this team as good as some people seem to think it is.

Let's face it, if any of the 12 playoff teams could swap any of their starters for their equivalent from the Jets roster, who would they choose? Revis, Harris, Mangold, maybe Brick or Keller? After that the rest are pretty ordinary.

[QUOTE=el_dub80;4310557]and nice retort. :yes:[/QUOTE]

LOL. Counselor, the stage is yours!