Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SNY Schein/Carlin: "Plax won't be back with Jets in 2012"

SNY Schein/Carlin: "Plax won't be back with Jets in 2012"

Citing 3 factors:

1) He has shown enough to the league for others to guage his worth and IN ALL PROBABILITY he will receive an offer from another team in excess of what the Jets are willing to spend on him.

2) He privately is VERY unhappy with Sanchez as his QB and would love to catch passes from an "elite" thrower.

3) Simply put, he doesnt want to play for the Jets beyond the one season they gave him to re-establish humself.

Thanks Schotty for making every WR other than Braylon Edwards want to leave the Jets

Jets Insider VIP
    Good

We never should've relied on this jackass as our #2 receiver in the first place.

No more f*cking dinosaurs or ex-cons.

[QUOTE=Schroy48;4309873]Citing 3 factors:

1) He has shown enough to the league for others to guage his worth and IN ALL PROBABILITY he will receive an offer from another team in excess of what the Jets are willing to spend on him.

2) He privately is VERY unhappy with Sanchez as his QB and would love to catch passes from an "elite" thrower.

3) Simply put, he doesnt want to play for the Jets beyond the one season they gave him to re-establish humself.[/QUOTE]

Cant blame him.

Veteran
    I'd rather dump them both. No, I am not knee jerking. No big time WR would want to come here in his right mind because of Mark.

And Holmes lacks character so he's gotta go too.

All League
    no wide receiver wants to get schitt- ed on.... the jets are now the premier place where receivers stats come to die.... :yes:

...didn't Schein guarantee the Jets would make the playoffs?..nothing like a another bold prediction to make everyone forget the last one...

3) Simply put, he doesnt want to play for the Jets beyond the one season they gave him to re-establish humself.[/QUOTE]

Please, dear god, let this be true, and let us either draft a legit receiver or sign one in Free Agency! Burress was about as visible the entire year as he had been his previous 2 years behind bars. NEXT!

[QUOTE=2foolish197;4309927]...didn't Schein guarantee the Jets would make the playoffs?..nothing like a another bold prediction to make everyone forget the last one...[/QUOTE]

He also SWORE up and down in the postgame show that Rex was patently lying when he said Schottenheimer will be back (if he doesn't get an HC job). I like Schein, and feel he has a good amount of credibility, and I'd truly hope a guy like him wouldn't put his neck out like that unless he was 100% positive, so i say lets give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he's right about Schottenheimer, as well as Burress being gone. I mean, for a guy who's clearly a rising star on the SNY network and maybe beyond, it wouldn't behoove him to make such bold predictions and be 100% wrong. Im in his court for now and hope his sources are giving him good info, because it will be for the betterment of the team if they don't bring invisible Burress back as well as dump Schotty's ass!

[QUOTE=Untouchable;4309886]Good

We never should've relied on this jackass as our #2 receiver in the first place.

No more f*cking dinosaurs or ex-cons.[/QUOTE]

A poorer, much older man's version of Braylon Edwards (going into the 2010, this was undeniable!)

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4309936]He also SWORE up and down in the postgame show that Rex was patently lying when he said Schottenheimer will be back (if he doesn't get an HC job). I like Schein, and feel he has a good amount of credibility, and I'd truly hope a guy like him wouldn't put his neck out like that unless he was 100% positive, so i say lets give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he's right about Schottenheimer, as well as Burress being gone. I mean, for a guy who's clearly a rising star on the SNY network and maybe beyond, it wouldn't behoove him to make such bold predictions and be 100% wrong. Im in his court for now and hope his sources are giving him good info, because it will be for the betterment of the team if they don't bring invisible Burress back as well as dump Schotty's ass![/QUOTE]...what i'm saying is its not a stretch to say Buress won't be back...but to make it as a prediction gives Schein most importance than he deserves...

[QUOTE=2foolish197;4309952]...what i'm saying is its not a stretch to say Buress won't be back...but to make it as a prediction gives Schein most importance than he deserves...[/QUOTE]

well, whatever it is, Schein has made two predictions that, if true, would end up being for the better of the Jets. He swears Schottenheimer is gone (either by being hired as HC, or getting fired by the Jets if that falls through), and Burress being gone. Both of these would make the Jets a better team in 2012, Burress sucks and is washed up, and the Schottenheimer deal (while not nearly entirely his fault), has run its course after 6 years. Lets hope Schein shines on these predictions!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Jets right now have an offense where talent comes to die. If Plax lands in NE or the likes of, he'll have a monster year. He still has game! We didn't even throw to recievers this year and when we did it wasn't often. Plax will be a nice addition to a team with a solid QB.

All League
    [QUOTE=LockeJET;4309961]Jets right now have an offense where talent comes to die. If Plax lands in NE or the likes of, he'll have a monster year. He still has game! We didn't even throw to recievers this year and when we did it wasn't often. Plax will be a nice addition to a team with a solid QB.[/QUOTE]

a solid o-line you mean.. enough time in the pocket and even qb's like t.j. yates and matt flynn are all -stars :yes:

Bewildered Beast

This better be verbatim, or your January just got colder. :squint:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4309886]Good

No more f*cking dinosaurs or ex-cons.[/QUOTE]

YES.

Just another reason to stop fishing around in other peoples' trash and finally DRAFT A #1 F*%$*NG WIDE RECEIVER.

Micheal Floyd - get yer ass in here.

Bewildered Beast
    And the rest of you meatheads...we had the #1 Red Zone offense. Plax made a difference. jeebus

All Pro
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4309984]And the rest of you meatheads...we had the #1 Red Zone offense. Plax made a difference. jeebus[/QUOTE]

We didn't make the playoffs. So who cares. Whatever stats represent this team in 2011 also represent 8-8 and FAIL

[QUOTE=Jetfan16;4309955]well, whatever it is, Schein has made two predictions that, if true, would end up being for the better of the Jets. He swears Schottenheimer is gone (either by being hired as HC, or getting fired by the Jets if that falls through), and Burress being gone. Both of these would make the Jets a better team in 2012, Burress sucks and is washed up, and the Schottenheimer deal (while not nearly entirely his fault), has run its course after 6 years. Lets hope Schein shines on these predictions![/QUOTE]...thats not a prediction...everyone is saying that about schottenheimer...Schein has a firm grasp of the obvious...

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4309986]We didn't make the playoffs. So who cares. Whatever stats represent this team in 2011 also represent 8-8 and FAIL[/QUOTE]
    That's one way of looking at it.