Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SNY Schein/Carlin: "Plax won't be back with Jets in 2012"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4310252]Sorry - the convo regards scoring. Sanchez looks like he fell back; agree 100%[/QUOTE]

I know, but I think a lot of the TDs are because of the Jets' inability to run the ball in short yardage. How many of his TDs were short yardage TDs where the Jets would normally run the ball?

I'm very disappointed in Mark. He has to get his head together.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4310257]I know, but I think a lot of the TDs are because of the Jets' inability to run the ball in short yardage. How many of his TDs were short yardage TDs where the Jets would normally run the ball?

I'm very disappointed in Mark. He has to get his head together.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you are contradicting yourself; Sanchez is responsible for the short run game?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4310261]Wait, you are contradicting yourself; Sanchez is responsible for the short run game?[/QUOTE]

He's stupid

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4310261]Wait, you are contradicting yourself; Sanchez is responsible for the short run game?[/QUOTE]

A lot of Sanchez's passing TDs are short passes.

We used to be able to punch those in. I didn't see the same dominance running the ball as we used to have, so he would throw a lot of 1, 2, etc yard TD passes.

8 of his TD passes were from 5 yards or less. About 4 or 5 more were from less than 10 yards. That's half his passes, not including his 6 rushing TDs.

We're talking about scoring, and I believe a lot of Sanchez's TDs were not because he was better at scoring, but because the Jets couldn't run the ball like they used to.

That's what I meant. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Anyway, that's just my observation of it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetfan16;4309935]Please, dear god, let this be true, and let us either draft a legit receiver or sign one in Free Agency! Burress was about as visible the entire year as he had been his previous 2 years behind bars. NEXT![/QUOTE]
    No more Con-Air pickups. Got to build through the draft

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4310296]A lot of Sanchez's passing TDs are short passes.

We used to be able to punch those in. I didn't see the same dominance running the ball as we used to have, so he would throw a lot of 1, 2, etc yard TD passes.

8 of his TD passes were from 5 yards or less. About 4 or 5 more were from less than 10 yards. That's half his passes, not including his 6 rushing TDs.

We're talking about scoring, and I believe a lot of Sanchez's TDs were not because he was better at scoring, but because the Jets couldn't run the ball like they used to.

Anyway, that's just my observation of it.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, if we were more efficient at scoring TDs instead of FGs in the red zone, isn't what Mark did this year better than "punching it in" like we did in the past? Keep in mind I'm only referring to red zone efficiency.

I'll support whatever helps the team score more, whether that means Sanchez throws or runs or someone else runs it in...and to me, he looked like a better RZ QB this year.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4310268]He's stupid[/QUOTE]

Nah, it was one of those childlike MC Escher moments.

[IMG]http://news.cnet.com/i/bto/20070216/238542495_21bb5b1747.jpg[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4309982]YES.

Just another reason to stop fishing around in other peoples' trash and finally DRAFT A #1 F*%$*NG WIDE RECEIVER.

Micheal Floyd - get yer ass in here.[/QUOTE]

Floyd or Jeffery

I'd gladly take either one.
    Last edited by Untouchable; 01-04-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4310296]A lot of Sanchez's passing TDs are short passes.

Anyway, that's just my observation of it.[/QUOTE]
    Well that's what they wanted to be able to do from the jump; stick that ball in there via airmail. Losing Faneca and watching Woody go down scared them; the G&P is probably more expensive than a normal attack. When Rex came we had the team to do the G&P; they tried to go wide open and ... :crap:

On a related note, NYJETSCAP.com says the Jets over-used Holmes for a style of play his body could not handle. I'd like to hear from Tannenbaum about that one. How could he let that happen to his home-run threat?

Okay...breathe...
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 01-04-2012 at 12:28 AM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4309981]This better be verbatim, or your January just got colder. :squint:[/QUOTE]

Dude.... give it a break. BAN ME NOW!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Face it Plax scared no DB this year. An Elite thrower is not gonna get him open he is too slow.. Maybe in a system if he is 3rd or 4th WR he can be effective. But he is no longer a starting WR IMO. So kudos to whatever team over pays him this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    much as plax was okay, i think the jets have got to wonder if he's the guy they want to mentor the younger receivers. right now, holmes is clearly not the guy to do this. ellard will have his hands full.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who heard Tannenbaum talking in the presser knows Plax is gone. Tanny was already discussing him in the past tense

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he sucks. He has no seperation from anyone, that's why he's only good in the Red zone, he's a giraffee. With him and Holmes as your WR, that's why we threw to the TE and RB so much

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rexipus Rex;4310369]Regardless, if we were more efficient at scoring TDs instead of FGs in the red zone, isn't what Mark did this year better than "punching it in" like we did in the past? Keep in mind I'm only referring to red zone efficiency.

I'll support whatever helps the team score more, whether that means Sanchez throws or runs or someone else runs it in...and to me, he looked like a better RZ QB this year.[/QUOTE]

I still have faith in Sanchez. He just had his most disappointing year, IMO.

I believe he'll be fine next year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that Plax has completely lost his vertical jumping abilities ... I can only recall one pass where he jumped high to meet the ball.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-04-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tanny on Plax during the press conference on Monday:

"His blocking really stood out."

That's all we need to know.