Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Kay: "Ferguson regressed & got Sanchez KILLED/Ducasse is a BUST"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN Kay: "Ferguson regressed & got Sanchez KILLED/Ducasse is a BUST"

Micheal Kay contended Ferguson never set the edge from game one onwards and continuously allowed Sanchez to get popped. He blames Ferguson as much as any Jets player for REGRESSING in 2011 and cites that this is a situation the Jets arent even willing to discuss along with his appearance in the Pro Bowl being a total joke.

May I add:

Dustin Keller also regressed and can no longer be regarded as a top TE. A GOOD TE - yes. A top 5? No longer.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Micheal Kay contended Ferguson never set the edge from game one onwards and continuously allowed Sanchez to get popped. He blames Ferguson as much as any Jets player for REGRESSING in 2011 and cites that this is a situation the Jets arent even willing to discuss along with his appearance in the Pro Bowl being a total joke.

May I add:

Dustin Keller also regressed and can no longer be regarded as a top TE. A GOOD TE - yes. A top 5? No longer.
    Kay is pretty much right. Brick looked awful this year, definitely unlike him. Vlad is shaping up to go the way of Gholston.

But, Keller was never, ever a top 5 TE. He's talented and definitely not used right in the offense (no one is), but I'm not even sure he's a top 10 TE. We'll see what a new OC can do with him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

May I add:

1. I never thought of Dustin Keller as a top TE anyway. A good but not great TE.

2. I think the whole O line was poor this year, but Ferguson was not the main culprit by any stretch. It goes back to Wayne Hunter

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    i personally thought da'brick didnt play up to his pro-bowl self
    would have liked to see harris in the pro bowl over him (at least just this year)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I disagree.

This was Ferguson's worst season since his rookie year, but let's not pretend he was some sort of liability who ruined the season. He wasn't as dominant as the previous couple of seasons (could be argued he was the best pass blocker in the league), but he was still generally good in pass protection.

I agree that he was not deserving of the Pro Bowl this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's amazing what happens when your right handed QB can't escape to his right side when the other tackle is god awful....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    It's amazing what happens when your right handed QB can't escape to his right side when the other tackle is god awful....
    This x 10000000000000000

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMHO Ferguson regressed more than Sanchez did this year. He had a terrible season.

He has never been a dominant run blocker and this year he was the second-worst lineman behind Hunter.

BTW, Keller was never a Top 5 TE, ever. On his best day he may have cracked Top 10 and even that is a little too much Kool-Aid for me. Lets not kid ourselves.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 01-03-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

May I add:

Dustin Keller was ever a top 10 TE?

Amazing what wrong routes, stone hands, and incredible stupidity on the football field can do for a guy these days.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...disagree...b'brick was solid most of the time...hunter was the problem...sanchez shied away from the right side...he also had trouble seeing lanes and defenses saw this and forced him into throwing early...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also said it's cold outside. Why is any of this news? Brick absolutely had a down year and Vlad hasn't shown anything to merit where he was picked in the draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brick had a bad season for his standards. Definitely not deserving of the pro bowl.

We know Brick has the talent and I think his mistakes are correctable when he watches the film this offseason. He's only 28 years old. I'm not too worried.

It's Wayne Hunter that is the problem. Sanchez took too many hits from Hunter's assignment this year. If he's back Sanchez is gonna need an EZ-Pass to the Hospital parking lot next year.

as for Ducasse, yeah he's a bust. Will never be anything more than a backup. Terrible scouting and draft pick on that one. Clearly he's not the most intelligent guy in the world. Didn't need a natural LT when we had Brick already. Should've drafted a true road-grading RT and groomed him to replace Woody.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    IMHO Ferguson regressed more than Sanchez did this year. He had a terrible season.

He has never been a dominant run blocker and this year he was the second-worst lineman behind Hunter.

BTW, Keller was never a Top 5 TE, ever. On his best day he may have cracked Top 10 and even that is a little too much Kool-Aid for me. Lets not kid ourselves.
    agreed on all counts!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ferguson was awful this year. He was getting beat around the edge a lot. it used to be an underneath move would get him but this year he was just plain bad.

May I add:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard from a very reliable source that Brick has been playing hurt this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Ferguson has never been a great run blocker

Honestly, he's a good pass blocker, but make a choice here. You can't be ground and pound when your LT has a poor push. He would be good trade bait to a pass first team, which you are lying to yourself about these Jets being with Sanchez at qb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    I heard from a very reliable source that Brick has been playing hurt this year.
    Hurt ego maybe.

If you are on the field then you are accountable. Period.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

May I add:

Keller was never a top 5 TE..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller is a beast ... Easily in top 10 as far as talent goes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    1. I never thought of Dustin Keller as a top TE anyway. A good but not great TE.

2. I think the whole O line was poor this year, but Ferguson was not the main culprit by any stretch. It goes back to Wayne Hunter
    There was a link around a few days ago that had sacks given up for the first 15 days as:

Ferguson - 9 1/2
    Hunter - 11

Now the Hunter suckage was so bad it overshadowed how bad D'Brick played this year. His nomination to another Pro Bowl just illustrates how big of a joke that has become.