Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Kay: "Ferguson regressed & got Sanchez KILLED/Ducasse is a BUST"

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    well he's not injured and that's something. McNeil came into this league with bad injuries and his career is going to be short b/c of it. He's not better by DBrick by any measure. Brick will play for 15 years or more like Lomas Brown.
    I agree. Im a Brick fan..but Long is definitely better

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Name 7 left tackles better than Brick.

Name 7 TE's better than Keller.
    Jimmy Graham
    Rob Gronkowski
    Aaron Hernandez
    Brandon Pettigrew
    Tony Gonzalez
    Jason Witten
    Kellen Winslow
    Vernon Davis
    Antonio Gates
    Brent Celek
    Jermichael Finley
    Heath Miller

That was difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    I agree. Im a Brick fan..but Long is definitely better
    Jake Long and Joe Thomas ok. Brick is still a top 3 LT in the AFC. He's probably the best pass blocker of those 3. He deserves his pro bowl birth. Let's not pretend there's a huge line of better LT's that got snubbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Micheal Kay contended Ferguson never set the edge from game one onwards and continuously allowed Sanchez to get popped. He blames Ferguson as much as any Jets player for REGRESSING in 2011 and cites that this is a situation the Jets arent even willing to discuss along with his appearance in the Pro Bowl being a total joke.

May I add:

Dustin Keller also regressed and can no longer be regarded as a top TE. A GOOD TE - yes. A top 5? No longer.
    The first part of your thread has merit, however there are many factors involved there. Brick is an important player for the Jets. Everyone plays poorly at some point. You adding the Dustin Keller crap continues to show how much you know about football.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Jake Long and Joe Thomas ok. Brick is still a top 3 LT in the AFC. He's probably the best pass blocker of those 3. He deserves his pro bowl birth. Let's not pretend there's a huge line of better LT's that got snubbed.

I'm a Brick fan, don't get me wrong, but this was his worst year since 2007. This part is not his fault, but he picked a ****ty year to have a bad year since Hunter was a nightmare and Mangold missed a few games

Keller is all about the physical attributes but doesn't "play smart." Definitely not a natural pass catcher either, a little clumsy for a guy with such an athletic body

Hall Of Fame
    Long and Thomas are head and shoulders above Brick. If Brick is third - which I dont think he is - he is a very distant third.

More disappointed in him than any other player this year. That includes Hunter, Smith and Sanchez b.c I didnt expect much from the to begin with.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    We have 2 players on our roster worthy of their draft status and their contracts.Those being Mangold and Revis.All the others are flawed players the Jets FO and fans rate higher than they are worth.

Ferguson _ A one dimentional pass blocker who can't run block or handle stunts to save his life.

Sanchez _ A midget adequate arm system QB who can't read defenses or have the ability to go through his progressions.

Keller _ one dimentional pass catching TE with decent but speed who can't block his way out of a paper bag.

Harris _ A solid run defender with little to no ability in coverage .

Holmes _ A malcontent pothead with an ability to make the difficult catch but screw up the routine.

These are our stars who carry the majority of our salary cap.
    Disagree with the Harris comment. Granted, He is not a "pure" cover guy. However he often gets into the passing lanes, closes extremely quick to make the tackle, and often knocks the ball away both before and after the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    Disagree with the Harris comment. Granted, He is not a "pure" cover guy. However he often gets into the passing lanes, closes extremely quick to make the tackle, and often knocks the ball away both before and after the catch.
    +1

He plays well as a zone LB.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Honestly, he's a good pass blocker, but make a choice here. You can't be ground and pound when your LT has a poor push. He would be good trade bait to a pass first team, which you are lying to yourself about these Jets being with Sanchez at qb.
    While not his best year, you don't trade your franchize LT.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Jimmy Graham
    Rob Gronkowski
    Aaron Hernandez
    Brandon Pettigrew
    Tony Gonzalez
    Jason Witten
    Kellen Winslow
    Vernon Davis
    Antonio Gates
    Brent Celek
    Jermichael Finley
    Heath Miller

That was difficult
    Not Heath Miller (not last season), and probably Celek is right on par with Keller (his big game was against us, so that makes him better), but all those other guys are better, yes.

I think Fasano would be a stud on a team with a big passing game.

You forgot Jimmy Graham, Fred Davis, and Jermaine Gresham. Graham is a no brainer, the other two you can go back and forth on.

Rookie
    Honestly, he's a good pass blocker, but make a choice here. You can't be ground and pound when your LT has a poor push. He would be good trade bait to a pass first team, which you are lying to yourself about these Jets being with Sanchez at qb.
    You don't trade a left tackle who has been more reliable than not throughout his career.

The Jets have alot of holes to fill, but also have alot of talent in alot of places. Fix the problems - don't create more of them.

This s just silly ... Brick had a down year ... He is still a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This s just silly ... Brick had a down year ... He is still a beast.
    +1

That crazy dude. Lt are so hard to find in today's football. You think your offense is struggling now, you trade a very good Lt , lets see how effective your passing game would be.
    Yes Dbrickshaw Ferguson didn't have the season you would expect from a player of his caliber but there no need to panic, and do something so foolish(trade him)

If Ferguson not Jets Lt than Who - Jared gaither(Fa) Rarely Lt ever come free. He looked great down the stretch for Chargers but injuries will always be a concern with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    That crazy dude. Lt are so hard to find in today's football. You think your offense is struggling now, you trade a very good Lt , lets see how effective your passing game would be.
    Yes Dbrickshaw Ferguson didn't have the season you would expect from a player of his caliber but there no need to panic, and do something so foolish(trade him)

If Ferguson not Jets Lt than Who - Jared gaither(Fa) Rarely Lt ever come free. He looked great down the stretch for Chargers but injuries will always be a concern with him.
    Trading Brick is not happening. There's fifty billion holes on the team, he's not the one that needs fixing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    OT

Jake Long
    Demetrius Bell
    Oher
    Joe Thomas
    Duane Brown
    Marcus McNeil
    Ryan Clady

That's just in the AFC

TE would be even easier cause Keller would have to improve to be the #3 TE on the Pats.
    I think Jared Veldheer had a better year than Ferguson this year. I wouldn't say Mcneil had a good year for the chargers. Jared gaither looked alot better down the stretch than Mcneil(who has some legitimate injury concerns going forward)

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    I think Jared Veldheer had a better year than Ferguson this year. I wouldn't say Mcneil had a good year for the chargers. Jared gaither looked alot better down the stretch than Mcneil(who has some legitimate injury concerns going forward)
    I thought Thomas and Long had down years as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    We have 2 players on our roster worthy of their draft status and their contracts.Those being Mangold and Revis.All the others are flawed players the Jets FO and fans rate higher than they are worth.

Ferguson _ A one dimentional pass blocker who can't run block or handle stunts to save his life.

Sanchez _ A midget adequate arm system QB who can't read defenses or have the ability to go through his progressions.

Keller _ one dimentional pass catching TE with decent but speed who can't block his way out of a paper bag.

Harris _ A solid run defender with little to no ability in coverage .

Holmes _ A malcontent pothead with an ability to make the difficult catch but screw up the routine.

These are our stars who carry the majority of our salary cap.
    AGREED! We are in a world of hurt! our talent level is below par!

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I thought Thomas and Long had down years as well.
    Well to be fair look at the teams the Afc East played - You play against the NFc East pass rushers they can make very good Lt look pretty bad. That could be the reason why all those Lt had a down year. (long and Ferguson) Even nthe Afc West while no where near the NFC east in pass rushers have some guys that can get to Qb.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 01-04-2012 at 08:17 AM.