Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: ESPN Kay: "Ferguson regressed & got Sanchez KILLED/Ducasse is a BUST"

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    AGREED! We are in a world of hurt! our talent level is below par!
    Didn't harriss have two picks this year ?

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Micheal Kay contended Ferguson never set the edge from game one onwards and continuously allowed Sanchez to get popped. He blames Ferguson as much as any Jets player for REGRESSING in 2011 and cites that this is a situation the Jets arent even willing to discuss along with his appearance in the Pro Bowl being a total joke.

    May I add:

    Dustin Keller also regressed and can no longer be regarded as a top TE. A GOOD TE - yes. A top 5? No longer.
    I agree with Kay 100%. I've thought Brick has sucked all year long and i've always thought he was overrated.

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Didn't harriss have two picks this year ?
    He had 4 picks...

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Hurt ego maybe.

    If you are on the field then you are accountable. Period.
    That's what I thought until this forum taught me the oc makes the qb throw pick 6s.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Jimmy Graham
    Rob Gronkowski
    Aaron Hernandez
    Brandon Pettigrew
    Tony Gonzalez
    Jason Witten
    Kellen Winslow
    Vernon Davis
    Antonio Gates
    Brent Celek
    Jermichael Finley
    Heath Miller



    That was difficult
    Remove Pettigrew, Winslow, Finley and Miller.

    Pettigrew has worse drops and plays than Keller. Horrible watching the ball bounce off of his hands as much as it does. He's a better inline blocker, but that's as far as it goes.

    As much as I love Finley, he's not a TE. Glorified receiver. Doesn't block.

    Miller just doesn't do much at all in the receiving game.

    And with Winslow, I have a hard time calling a guy a TE when he's running around out there at 235 lbs.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Remove Pettigrew, Winslow, Finley and Miller.

    Pettigrew has worse drops and plays than Keller. Horrible watching the ball bounce off of his hands as much as it does. He's a better inline blocker, but that's as far as it goes.

    As much as I love Finley, he's not a TE. Glorified receiver. Doesn't block.

    Miller just doesn't do much at all in the receiving game.

    And with Winslow, I have a hard time calling a guy a TE when he's running around out there at 235 lbs.
    keller is pretty good. the problem is that defenses know that sanchez wants to go to him all the time. and who could blame him? plax gets no separation. holmes is dogging it. who else is there to throw to? no wonder kerley got passes thrown his way when he was healthy. he tried, got open and can actually catch.

    i'd like the jets to take another good TE this year, maybe fleener. if they can get either floyd or jeffries in the first and fleener in the 2nd, the offense would have a new look.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    He had 4 picks...
    Harris had 4 picks and 5 sacks. Only LB in the NFL to have that combination.

  8. #68
    the offensive line is not what it use to be, I agree
    But its not all of o-Line fault for Mark mistake.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    While not his best year, you don't trade your franchize LT.
    You do if he's not that great and is viewed as being so and will garner more picks than he's worth.

    There's multiple FA LT's out there this year who are better Run Blockers and just slightly worse pass blockers.

    Look, you can't stand behind Sanchez and Rex and not understand that run blocking is more important than pass blocking for this team.

    It's what makes all the Sanchez fanbois look stupid. He isn't going to be Brady, Brees, or even Stafford.

    This team needs a strong running game and defense.

    As such, a tackle who is only really good at one thing is ultimately a detriment.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Look, you can't stand behind Sanchez and Rex and not understand that run blocking is more important than pass blocking for this team.
    that's not really how the league works anymore

    look at last week's DET @ GB game. that's what the league wants. tons of passing, tons of scoring. every year they change the rules to get more of these games and less "ground and pound" snoozers.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    that's not really how the league works anymore

    look at last week's DET @ GB game. that's what the league wants. tons of passing, tons of scoring. every year they change the rules to get more of these games and less "ground and pound" snoozers.
    rex is coaching in his father's nfl.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    rex is coaching in his father's nfl.
    to some extent, that's true. for every 1 year that the Ravens type of team wins there are 5 or 10 years when a Colts type of team wins. defense isn't what wins championships.

    but in rex's defense he started out the year emphasizing passing. the kid couldn't handle it and about a quarter of the way through they went back to ground and pound. (or tried too). Rex isn't blind to the reality. He just doesn't have the personnel to execute that offense. (and by extension, neither does Schotty). the guy they are built around they are hiding him that's not a good place to be. they can pay someone alot less money and hide behind him. they don't need to pay Sanchez 8 mil per year to handoff and throw ints.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us