Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Jody Mac producer: "Sanchez said immediately after game "Trade Me!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    You would think. So what the guy is just making up that an espn reporter told him that? The problem is these douchbags are trying not to make as fuss about it and dont want their names attached to it so it was just relayed privately.
    Sanchez really said I'll never be the QB that Brett Ratliff is trade me to the Buc's and the whole draft for him..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow it's amazing. We went 8-8 people, but you'd think we just went 0-16 and went on a puppy killing spree on top of that. One thing I will say, even though I do love Rex as a coach this is the effect that happens when such an outspoken guy doesn't win. The media and honestly it seems alot of Jets fans have just been dying for this moment to pounce.

We had a mediocre season. Things obviously need to change and the roster needs to be evaluated and they need to work hard to improve the team in certain areas. But make no mistake this is fixable. A fresh set of eyes likely need to be placed on the offense whether you love or hate Shotty. I think that's the biggest change we need. Other than that we need to look to improve at a couple positions and current young players need to also improve through experience and hard work. It is not nearly the disaster people are making it out to be.

As for this report...nonsense. If he said that and reporters were around it would be bedlam.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody who actually believes any bs thread Schroy starts is a fool.

Please dump this ****.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Is the reporter sure that Sanchez was the one that said it? Maybe somebody else said it and the reporter erred the identity.

And the fact that the reporter was from ESPN and it hasn't been mentioned on there once makes even more doubtful
    Thats why I said this needs to be looked into. The espn reporter who heard it needs to be identified and asked directly if that was said and then Mark needs to be asked about it. It will probably be swept under the rug because the reporter who told this producer this in confidence won't want to ruin his/her relationship with the starting QB of the Jets.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does Sanchez even have any trade value? I'd be shocked if he could fetch more than a 5th or 6th round pick.

Anyway, this is a total non-story.

Still, if I had my way I would wipe the slate clean and bring in a new OC and QB.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Wow it's amazing. We went 8-8 people, but you'd think we just went 0-16 and went on a puppy killing spree on top of that. One thing I will say, even though I do love Rex as a coach this is the effect that happens when such an outspoken guy doesn't win. The media and honestly it seems alot of Jets fans have just been dying for this moment to pounce.

We had a mediocre season. Things obviously need to change and the roster needs to be evaluated and they need to work hard to improve the team in certain areas. But make no mistake this is fixable. A fresh set of eyes likely need to be placed on the offense whether you love or hate Shotty. I think that's the biggest change we need. Other than that we need to look to improve at a couple positions and current young players need to also improve through experience and hard work. It is not nearly the disaster people are making it out to be.

As for this report...nonsense. If he said that and reporters were around it would be bedlam.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we trade Schroy?

Sanchez supposedly said this when, around 5PM on Sunday. It's now Tuesday night and we're hearing about this?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just listened to a show on ESPN radio's main station with Sanchez.

nobody mentioned it so

DUMP

not once but 48 or even 73 times if necessary

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Can we trade Schroy?
    There was a time when if you posted something without a link you got banned..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This statement is actually true, but taken out of context. Mark really did say trade me, i can't take this NY media any more. But, he was talking to Brunell about trading daily papers. You see Brunell was reading the Los Angeles times and Sanchez was reading the NY Daily news, Sanchez looked ober at what Brunell was reading and said, trade me, I can't take this NY Media. Totally out of context. My friends, cousins, aunt who is once removed has a friend whos grandmother had a friend who sweeps the floors at espn overheard that a reporter heard mark say that to mark. Duh!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon peeps--- Magnus? are you really taking this seriously?
    So what if Sanchez said this, it was funny, he's funny...would you blame him?
    He said he loves playing in NY and he loves the team, this was a funny outburst regarding the media here.....at least he didn't give anyone the finger

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    STOP MAKING THREADS!
    That or please please pull the trigger in your avatar.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    According to the producer of the Jody Mac late night ESPN radio program, immediately following the Jets loss, an ESPN reporter heard Mark Sanchez (supposedly) say out loud at his locker: "TRADE ME PLEASE! I CAN'T TAKE THIS NY MEDIA ANY MORE!"

The producer (didnt get his name) said he expected in the conference room when Sanchez came to the mike to discuss this possibility, but, nothing more about it was ever discussed.

No other reporters have come forward to comfirm they heard Sanchez say this, but, Jody Mac's producer stands by this allegation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sooth, its your site so do as you please, but some of these posters are really making the site hard to visit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Amazing how all my sentiments can be captured in one photo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Magnus, think about this logically

If this had actually been said, dont you think we would have heard about quicker than this? Especially since the allegation mentions an ESPN reporter?
    Please stop quoting Magnus, I circumvents my ignore list

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why am I not surprised by who the OP of this absurd thread is or who actually believes this happened

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    According to the producer of the Jody Mac late night ESPN radio program, immediately following the Jets loss, an ESPN reporter heard Mark Sanchez (supposedly) say out loud at his locker: "TRADE ME PLEASE! I CAN'T TAKE THIS NY MEDIA ANY MORE!"

The producer (didnt get his name) said he expected in the conference room when Sanchez came to the mike to discuss this possibility, but, nothing more about it was ever discussed.

No other reporters have come forward to comfirm they heard Sanchez say this, but, Jody Mac's producer stands by this allegation.
    When/where did you hear this btw?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's it. I'm playing Words With Friends.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    When/where did you hear this btw?
    the voices in his head