Thread: Melvin Ingram

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

Melvin Ingram

This kid is going to be a really good one.
    I've gotten the chance to watch him play For SC and he's got all the tools to be a great Pass Rushing OLB
    If you noticed he didn't only possess only one pass rush move he has many..
    The thing i love is the consistency in which he gets behind the line of scrimmage not just attacking the qb. He can speed rush and he can come inside with great leverage and hand strength and footwork..

One thing I've noticed so much different and you wont hear this from the "experts" but he very's the way he attacks an offensive lineman hardly ever repeating a move or his aggressiveness. I makes him less predictable.

Kid is a no doubt a Game changer. Always disrupting.
    Could shed 20-25 pounds though
    He's got all the things you look for in a really great OLB prospect. I would never blink at drafting him with the first pick.

Unless Blackmon slips

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CR8ZMIKE; 01-03-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm starting to lean towards him as well. Rex can do a lot with him because of his versatility. Its either him or barron at the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TVXsDwUq3A

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our LB corps already is slow as molasses and Ingram is almost 280 pounds... I dont know... but there is no denying that he is a special athlete and he is faster than his weight might indicate...
    Last edited by Flaming Mo; 01-04-2012 at 08:13 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, I'm dead set on a WR in the first.

With Plax on the way out and Holmes soon to follow, this team needs a young stud wideout in the worst way.

I say Jeffery or Floyd in the 1st and take the best available OLB in round 2.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CR8ZMIKE View Post
    Could shed 20-25 pounds though

Thoughts?

that's not really a good place to start for a 1st round pick

I see Ingram and Taylor both SC DE as 4-3 players primarily.

the only OLB that has experience standing up and grades out as a possible 1 is Courtney Upshaw.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Right now, I'm dead set on a WR in the first.

With Plax on the way out and Holmes soon to follow, this team needs a young stud wideout in the worst way.

I say Jeffery or Floyd in the 1st and take the best available OLB in round 2.
    i agree that if either floyd or jeffrey is there the jets should really take one. but in the 2nd i would be open to a fleener or ball to really revamp the offense. at this point, with maybin there, i'm on the fence between what the 2nd rounder should be. what i do know is that whoever the qb is, he needs multiple new weapons. even if mcelroy starts next year, he'd need nice big, reliable targets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    that's not really a good place to start for a 1st round pick

I see Ingram and Taylor both SC DE as 4-3 players primarily.

the only OLB that has experience standing up and grades out as a possible 1 is Courtney Upshaw.
    Not true even though I see him as more effective in the 4-3 aswell. Ingram has been standing up like forever for SC. He is as versatile as they come.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Our LB corps already is slow as molasses and Ingram is almost 280 pounds... I dont know... but there is no denying that he is a special athlete and he is faster than his weight might indicate...
    look at the first play of the highlight that was previously posted. The kid is NOT SLOW. In fact hes ridiculously fast for his size. Reminds me of a faster, more athletic Lamar Woodley. He could lineup all over the field in Rex's D. DE, OLB. Hell you can probably throw him at NT in Pass heavy downs and let him get after it. I think this is the guy to grab.
    Last edited by NYJETS3233; 01-05-2012 at 12:07 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i agree that if either floyd or jeffrey is there the jets should really take one. but in the 2nd i would be open to a fleener or ball to really revamp the offense. at this point, with maybin there, i'm on the fence between what the 2nd rounder should be. what i do know is that whoever the qb is, he needs multiple new weapons. even if mcelroy starts next year, he'd need nice big, reliable targets.
    sorry mate but what's a fleener or ball? agree that we need injection of talent and oace on the offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    sorry mate but what's a fleener or ball? agree that we need injection of talent and oace on the offense
    fleener, TE stanford. ball, rb wisconsin. i'd like to see the jets get multiple skill positions in the early rounds.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    fleener, TE stanford. ball, rb wisconsin. i'd like to see the jets get multiple skill positions in the early rounds.
    Thanks man. Jets definitely need some quality additions to the skill positions early on. Hope they beef up the OL etc in free agency so this allows flexibility in the draft.