Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Despite Ryan’s denials, Manning is on Jets’ radar

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Dump Sanchez, get Manning, McElroy can safely be an understudy. Win/WIN//Win/WIN!

worried about receivers manning will throw to. he can make a 1000 yard receiver out of anyone. many years he had 3 1000 yard receivers on his team. what happened to wayne, garcon and collie once manning was out?:rolleyes
    manning writes wr's their paychecks!

so rex has a chance to go after in his opinion "the best quarterback in the league". peyton is a released and the jets don't sign him. we find out either rex is full of **** or is just an idiot for sticking with sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Why would Manning come to a dysfunctional team? Makes no sense.
    To become the QB to finally lead the NY Jets back to a long overdue SB, while showing up his former employers if he gets a sense ther ready to put him to pasture(ala Brett Farve).

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentide View Post
    To become the QB to finally lead the NY Jets back to a long overdue SB, while showing up his former employers if he gets a sense ther ready to put him to pasture(ala Brett Farve).
    If schotty is here he will have his worse season as a Pro ala Brett Farve too.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    If schotty is here he will have his worse season as a Pro ala Brett Farve too.
    If schotty is still here, he will be given a fischer price radio for decoration only. PM runs his own show.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Manning to Holmes!!!
    Manning to Kerley!!!
    Manning to Keller!!!
    Manning to Draft pick ??? Toon, Wright, JordanWhite, Floyd
    Manning to Braylon Edwards maybe? Manning likes short fast WR's.
    Manning to Wayne, Garcon or any WR in FA that he wants. Manning with LT would be crazy good as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    If schotty is still here, he will be given a fischer price radio for decoration only. PM runs his own show.
    I just giggled

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    I'm sure a quarterback with a serious neck injury would agree to play behind the league's worst pass blocking ol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle & Namath View Post
    Not this sh*t again.
    Really!!!! Manning might never play again # 1. # 2, how the hell would we get better if we give away a bunch of picks for him and # 3, you might as well say good-bye to Sanchez because you lose him for good mentally but not his contract. Just stupid stuff. Last time I am reading anything about Manning.

Quote Originally Posted by manmrmoore View Post
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2012, 7:39 PM EST

Among other things, Manish believes that the Jets have an interest in Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, if/when Manning becomes available in the offseason.
    New thread, same subject, same comment:

If Manning was going to be a mentor why wouldn't he stay where he is and mentor Luck who has far more potential?

And I still say it's even odds they'll keep Manning and trade Luck

Undrafted Free Agent

STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

Fellow Jets Fans:

After you lived through the Favre escapade, how could you ever think Peyton Manning would be a good move for the Jets?

A. He's damaged goods

B. Even if released, he's probably only playing for one year, possibly two.

C. Yeah, Favre got the Vikes close, but now look at that team -- by bringing in a "hired gun" you disrupt development of other parts of your team and when the hired gun leaves you're in shambles

D. All of the above

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RChiocchi View Post
    Fellow Jets Fans:

After you lived through the Favre escapade, how could you ever think Peyton Manning would be a good move for the Jets?

A. He's damaged goods

B. Even if released, he's probably only playing for one year, possibly two.

C. Yeah, Favre got the Vikes close, but now look at that team -- by bringing in a "hired gun" you disrupt development of other parts of your team and when the hired gun leaves you're in shambles

D. All of the above
    What was so bad about the Favre 'escapade?' We knew the Jets wouldn't win with Penny anyway and Favre played well until he got hurt. It was a good, well calculated risk.

He likely is damaged goods. If he's not, many signs point to Indy getting rid of him anyway. If he gets medical clearance it's worth exploring, even if it's for 1 year or 2, especially if the people in the org. aren't convinced Sanchez is worth waiting for.

The Vikes were terrible before Favre showed up so I'm not sure how him leaving made them worse. It merely put them back to the level they were originally at.

I'm not convinced it would be the right move to bring Manning in, but I'm also not convinced the Jets should be dismisive of the possibility.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 1greenNUT View Post
    Tom Moore is here.....

All Pro
    Mark my words:

If Peyton Manning is cleared to play football and is given a clean bill of health, and hits the open market, The JETS will make a push for him. I said this about Nnamdi Asomugha before the lockout and we were in the 11th hour in contract negotations with him. A couple of reason why The Jets will make the push

1) Woody/Tanny loves to make the big splash in FA

2) Rex respects Peyton, thinks he's the best QB in the league, and made it his personal mission to beat him.

3) Tom Moore is "conveniently" on the Jets staff

4) It would shut the fanbase up about our QB woes

5) IF (and that's a big if) Peyton can play at the same level he did pre neck surgery, he might really be the missing link between us and the SB we've been chasing for the last 40+ years with a Rex Ryan defense (Imagine the run Peyton would have went on if Rex was the DC in Indy in Peyton's prime).

Now whether or not this is the RIGHT decision for the Jets is left up to debate, plus there is a chance he never leaves Indy, or he may never play again. The only thing I am saying is that if a healthy Peyton Manning makes his way to the market, THE JETS WILL TRY TO LURE HIM TO THE BIG APPLE.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    I'm not convinced it would be the right move to bring Manning in, but I'm also not convinced the Jets should be dismisive of the possibility.
    +1

This is how I feel about the Manning rumors...