Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Play for the Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Play for the Jets

Its interesting. Now that this organization has self destructed, and become the laughing stock of the NFL, why would a player want to join the Titanic as it slowly slips into the sea. If you were Peyton Manning, would you want to play for these coaches, and with this bunch of egomaniac players?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy money and half the effort thats why.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    8-8 is hardly the laughing stock after appearing in 2 AFCCG. First 2 years everyone was saying that EVERYONE wanted to play for Rex. Now we have a mediocre season and NOBODY wants to play for the Jets. Get over yourself. I can name a dozen teams that would kill to be 8-8. Quit the trolling and if you haven't read Sooths thread, I suggest you read it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4310255]8-8 is hardly the laughing stock after appearing in 2 AFCCG. First 2 years everyone was saying that EVERYONE wanted to play for Rex. Now we have a mediocre season and NOBODY wants to play for the Jets. Get over yourself. I can name a dozen teams that would kill to be 8-8. Quit the trolling and if you haven't read Sooths thread, I suggest you read it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, football guru my ass.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why indeed.

After the last two days I'd say you were right, but when the dust settles everything will be ok.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the NY Jets come back strong next season.

Just a feeling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easy money is a good answer--but look at it this way. Why would a high end mature player want to play on the a team with coaches and players from the asylum?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJCAP2;4310259]Agreed, football guru my ass.[/QUOTE]

Young man, pretty much all my predictions have come true. I am the Guru!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4310269]Easy money is a good answer--but look at it this way. Why would a high end mature player want to play on the a team with coaches and players from the asylum?[/QUOTE]

Could the team be falling apart behind closed doors? Who knows, maybe. Does the media portray everything 100 times worse than it actually is? Absolutely. Calm down, it's not an "asylum".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe because we have such great fans :rolleyes:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Money, thats why. Its that simple.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4310271]Young man, pretty much all my predictions have come true. I am the Guru![/QUOTE]

The New York Jets will be anywhere from 0-16 to 16-0 next year. See... I can do it too.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4310255]8-8 is hardly the laughing stock after appearing in 2 AFCCG. First 2 years everyone was saying that EVERYONE wanted to play for Rex. Now we have a mediocre season and NOBODY wants to play for the Jets. Get over yourself. I can name a dozen teams that would kill to be 8-8. Quit the trolling and if you haven't read Sooths thread, I suggest you read it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what im saying!....like what has a changed a bad season after two great ones...players act up all the time...you let the bad apples go and or trade them and recoupe some value and you go and and draft and try to pick up guys like other teams...Rex hasnt changed people still want to play for a guy like him...we will bounc back and put a strong product on the field...this year we didnt have it...this league is about the QB and Strong defenses one side of the ball we know will be competitive and get better the QB is the wild card if we get a new oc and things swing in marks favor than all this jaber will be right but right now we dont know exactly what happened and why people started to turn on one another...

We need a full off season with a new OC...some new moving pieces and we shall be in the thick of things...this is tannys shot to show his skill in bringing guys on and putting a winning product on the field. and take the next step...things are gonna change and for the better i think...we went 8-8 not 1-15 we could have been a lot worse off...Some posts are straight CRAZY here.:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, you guys obviously confuse an 8-8 record with whats been going on for the last month. You have a coach who lies, you have players in revolt, you have guys flashing the bird at the media, you have a general manager who did a horrible job, etc.

This has nothing to do with anything but a chaotic organization.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4310320]Boy, you guys obviously confuse an 8-8 record with whats been going on for the last month. You have a coach who lies, you have players in revolt, you have guys flashing the bird at the media, you have a general manager who did a horrible job, etc.

This has nothing to do with anything but a chaotic organization.[/QUOTE]

WELCOME TO THE NFL!

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4310320]Boy, you guys obviously confuse an 8-8 record with whats been going on for the last month. [B]You have a coach who lies,[/B] you have players in revolt, you have guys flashing the bird at the media, you have a general manager who did a horrible job, etc.

[IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/wco33/BillBelichickAFootballLife2-1.gif[/IMG]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4310271]Young man, pretty much all my predictions have come true. I am the Guru![/QUOTE]

Sure. Like this gem of a post from last year's playoffs, before the Colts game, in a thread predicting they would lose:

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3890601]No Pass rush-----No win. Its that simple.[/QUOTE]

Describe the Jets 2010 season in 3 words:

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3884018]Emperor Has No Clothes (4 Words sorry)[/QUOTE]

Your opinion of David Harris:

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3882354]Product of Jet hype machine--can't cover anyone[/QUOTE]

Predicting the Jets get blown out by Pitt in a game the Jets won:

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3870661]I would say it will end up 31-10[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3868740]NO, the opposite-- I think we get killed.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=rextilleon;3868738]Steelers 24 Jets 3[/QUOTE]

You remind me of an old Foxtrot comic; the kid is standing outside, staring at the sky, and panel after panel commands the rain to come. In the last panel, it starts raining. He says "if you keep at it long enough, persistence looks like omnipotence"

You've been predicting failure and doom for the Jets for three years. Congrats, you're 1 for 3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rextilleon;4310320]Boy, you guys obviously confuse an 8-8 record with whats been going on for the last month. [B]You have a coach who lies[/B], you have players in revolt, you have guys flashing the bird at the media, you have a general manager who did a horrible job, etc.

Name me one NFL coach who is 100% honest.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

2 afc championships games are in the past. This is where most of the Jets fans live in. Right now this is an 8-8 team, it has obvious issues. It was obvious over the last few games, they gave up on Rex!! It can be fixed, but it's going to take time. Tanny and Rex made choices that were a win now moves. Well, they were wrong, as soon as we face it we can move on to...How can they fix a middle of the road team that has given up on their coach? If they hate or can't jell with Sh!tty, then it's Rex' fault if he doesn't get rid of him, this is what coaches do. If Woody & Tanny are hindering this then this team is done. If they can't see that the players are not responding to Sh!tty, then we are in for a long period of middle of the road bullsh!t.

Jets fans stop living in the past and face the facts. I feel like saying fire Rex, fire Sh!ty, fire everyone. But this is not how it works Lets see what they do over the next few months then we can enjoy the show.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4310263]Why indeed.

After the last two days I'd say you were right, but when the dust settles everything will be ok.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that the NY Jets come back strong next season.

Just a feeling.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, strangely enough, I think this is EXACTLY what this team needed. To be humbled a bit. :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4310479]Sure. Like this gem of a post from last year's playoffs, before the Colts game, in a thread predicting they would lose:

Describe the Jets 2010 season in 3 words:

Your opinion of David Harris:

Predicting the Jets get blown out by Pitt in a game the Jets won:

You remind me of an old Foxtrot comic; the kid is standing outside, staring at the sky, and panel after panel commands the rain to come. In the last panel, it starts raining. He says "if you keep at it long enough, persistence looks like omnipotence"

You've been predicting failure and doom for the Jets for three years. Congrats, you're 1 for 3.[/QUOTE]

Your grade is an A+

:cool: