Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A look back at Sanchez's prospect profile

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bgivs21;4310648]What we need is an OC, who will take Sanchez under his wing, mentor him, have open dialogue w/ him concerning how the offense is run (Brees/Peyton). Someone who will play to the offenses strengths.

Out of all these attributes, schoddy, has not one. He has no interest in designing an offense to fit the players he has. He has HIS OWN scheme, that he wants to run. Essentially he is trying to fit round pegs into square holes.

It isn't too late to save Sanchez from becoming an average NFL QB. 2 years ago, Sanchez played with so much passion, it's disappeared. We need change[/QUOTE]

The change has to come from REX. He has to take charge of the team and do with the offense exactly what he wants. if Sanchez is not suited for the offense REX wants then he must acuire a QB who is. Ruining Sanchez is dumb! 3 years of REX and we do not know what we are. We throw 60 plus times vs the Giants buut REX says we are a GROUND & POUND TEAM. Uncertaintity has crept into our team and REX is the blame.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4310401]WTF!.... perhaps someone should have mentioned this stuff to Schotty?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=BLEEDgreenN'white;4310410]Exactly what stood out most to me.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;4310629]The more I think about it, the stranger it seems. The Jets draft a guy who was a downfield thrower in College and try to turn him into someone who never throws the ball more than 10 yards.[/QUOTE]

And the funny thing about all of this is.... If you guys'll remember his FIRST play in a game EVER (in pre-season) was a deep ball downfield

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mnbOodEZc[/url] Scan to 2:50 for the play.

When I saw that I said to myself "Wow, Schotty is using him correctly, maybe this guy really ISN'T a moron"

Oh how I was wrong... Sanchez will thrive without Schotty holding him back..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4310650]It fits right in with REX's desire to minimize risk and play GROUND & POUND smashmouth football. Only its ruining the QB they drafted! REX is the blame. Schotty is doing as he is told![/QUOTE]

Not entirely, look at the giants game, and all of this year as a matter of fact, Sanchez has a career high in attempted passes.

Rex, actually in his presser yesterday, said in his first year he was MORE involved w/ the offense, he said he used to go to a couple of meetings see what was going on, this year he said, not so much.

One thing Rex loved about being the DC in Balt, he was allowed to do his work without someone constantly looking over his shoulder, which I'm sure a lot of us can aprreciate. He's taken that same approach here, he let Schoddy do his thing, and you saw the results for yourself...

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4310646]You keep blaming SCHOTTY but he has a boss. REX RYAN has to be the HC and not a headcase. He has to take charge and you have to remember that GROUND & POUND is REX;s game not the long ball that is a high risk play.[/QUOTE]

To an extent, but look at the Stanford game the other night. They ran the ball, ran the ball ran the ball..... It set them up PERFECTLY for a play-action pass (look at the BIG play-action pass that resulted in their first TD). What is one of Sanchez's excellent traits?

Play action.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bgivs21;4310662]Not entirely, look at the giants game, and all of this year as a matter of fact, Sanchez has a career high in attempted passes.

Rex, actually in his presser yesterday, said in his first year he was MORE involved w/ the offense, he said he used to go to a couple of meetings see what was going on, this year he said, not so much.

One thing Rex loved about being the DC in Balt, he was allowed to do his work without someone constantly looking over his shoulder, which I'm sure a lot of us can aprreciate. He's taken that same approach here, he let Schoddy do his thing, and you saw the results for yourself...[/QUOTE]

The problem is REX saw that the results were unflattering and did nothing to correct it. I do not know the facts in baltimore but if things went asray I am sure the HC there would have corrected the problem rather then lose games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JokelahomaJetsFan;4310666]To an extent, but look at the Stanford game the other night. They ran the ball, ran the ball ran the ball..... It set them up PERFECTLY for a play-action pass (look at the BIG play-action pass that resulted in their first TD). What is one of Sanchez's excellent traits?

Play action.[/QUOTE]

That is the point! REX has got to set direction; not leave it up to a coordinator. He says one thing buit does another! Sanchez is confused and we can see why. Exactly what is our identity?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bgivs21;4310662]Not entirely, look at the giants game, and all of this year as a matter of fact, Sanchez has a career high in attempted passes.

One thing Rex loved about being the DC in Balt, he was allowed to do his work without someone constantly looking over his shoulder, which I'm sure a lot of us can aprreciate. He's taken that same approach here, he let Schoddy do his thing, and you saw the results for yourself...[/QUOTE]

And that's fine when you actually HAVE someone that is capable of doing a good job without someone looking over your shoulder. Unfortunately Schotty is NOT.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JokelahomaJetsFan;4310660]And the funny thing about all of this is.... If you guys'll remember his FIRST play in a game EVER (in pre-season) was a deep ball downfield

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mnbOodEZc[/url] Scan to 2:50 for the play.

When I saw that I said to myself "Wow, Schotty is using him correctly, maybe this guy really ISN'T a moron"

Oh how I was wrong... Sanchez will thrive without Schotty holding him back..[/QUOTE]

Gee I thought Schotty had a boss. If that boss allows a player to be ruined by a coordinator, shame on him.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4310672]That is the point! REX has got to set direction; not leave it up to a coordinator. He says one thing buit does another! Sanchez is confused and we can see why. Exactly what is our identity?[/QUOTE]

But at the same time he said he liked Baltimore because he could run his D without someone looking over his shoulder. He wanted to give Schotty that kinda freedom, but he's obviously too much of a ****tard to not need constant adult supervision.

Schotty is much like a two year old. If left unattended for more than 5 seconds, you KNOW he's going to take a fork and stick it into the light socket while pulling down a pot of boiling water down onto him at the same time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;4310600]This is the whole issue with drafting Sanchez in the first place. He is a gun-slinger. If you want a game manager, why draft him in the first place?

They need to play to his STRENGTHS....people shouldn't be on Sanchez' back when he is being used all wrong.[/QUOTE]

Baloney, plain and simple. Hey I think most of us agree that the oc is a buffle head but when you isolate some of the very bad plays it has been Sanchez, with the ball in his hands, with a receiver who is open enough or at least another option and he has F'up badly.

That end game killing int by the LB for Miami on deep in Phin territory was a classic example. with a new oc and a few new weapons we are still going to have the ball in his hands and an open receiver, is he suddenly going to be accurate after 3 years in that situation? I have my doubts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the combination of Sanchez shoulder which hasn't been fully disclosed and Greene's inability to stay on the field had a huge impact on our O. A bad RT a less than full strength right guard and a total jag at Left guard didn't help.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JokelahomaJetsFan;4310678]But at the same time he said he liked Baltimore because he could run his D without someone looking over his shoulder. He wanted to give Schotty that kinda freedom, but he's obviously too much of a ****tard to not need constant adult supervision.

[B]Schotty is much like a two year old. If left unattended for more than 5 seconds, you KNOW he's going to take a fork and stick it into the light socket while pulling down a pot of boiling water down onto him at the same time.[/B][/QUOTE]

Great analogy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JokelahomaJetsFan;4310678]But at the same time he said he liked Baltimore because he could run his D without someone looking over his shoulder. He wanted to give Schotty that kinda freedom, but he's obviously too much of a ****tard to not need constant adult supervision.

Schotty is much like a two year old. If left unattended for more than 5 seconds, you KNOW he's going to take a fork and stick it into the light socket while pulling down a pot of boiling water down onto him at the same time.[/QUOTE]

To allow confusiuon for 3 years is dumb! You make excuses for REX to dump on SCHOTTY. Thats your right but I think the blame has to go to the guy with ultimate responsibility. If he sees something is not working its his job to correct the situation; not make excuses.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;4310693]I believe the combination of Sanchez shoulder which hasn't been fully disclosed .[/QUOTE]

+1 there has to be something he's hiding injury-wise. That would explain the accuracy issues and the lack of a deep ball.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4310672]That is the point! REX has got to set direction; not leave it up to a coordinator. He says one thing buit does another! Sanchez is confused and we can see why. Exactly what is our identity?[/QUOTE]

But it's on Woody and Tanny to know Rex is a first time HC. He's not going to have all the answers, especially on offense. Rex, believe it or not folks, is learning. I understand that Rex needs to be held to some accountability as the offense is concerned, he is the HC. But do YOU really want Rex, a defensive guru, who has limited knowledge about offense determining how to use the players?!?!

Worked out for Philly real well this year..

We needed an OC like Norv Turner, who has been a HC, to say to rex let me do my job, let me determine what to do with our players because this is my area of expertise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;4310687]Baloney, plain and simple. Hey I think most of us agree that the oc is a buffle head but when you isolate some of the very bad plays it has been Sanchez, with the ball in his hands, with a receiver who is open enough or at least another option and he has F'up badly.

That end game killing int by the LB for Miami on deep in Phin territory was a classic example. with a new oc and a few new weapons we are still going to have the ball in his hands and an open receiver, is he suddenly going to be accurate after 3 years in that situation? I have my doubts.[/QUOTE]

Great point! I agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bgivs21;4310722]But it's on Woody and Tanny to know Rex is a first time HC. He's not going to have all the answers, especially on offense. Rex, believe it or not folks, is learning. I understand that Rex needs to be held to some accountability as the offense is concerned, he is the HC. But do YOU really want Rex, a defensive guru, who has limited knowledge about offense determining how to use the players?!?!

We needed an OC like Norv Turner, who has been a HC, to say to rex let me do my job, let me determine what to do with our players because this is my area of expertise.[/QUOTE]

He is a three year HC. He is not inexperienced. We did not make excuses for HERM. Why for REX? Any defensive guru has got to know something about OFFENSE. A HC has to know it all to a degree. If he is wise in only one facet of the game, the team is doomed. POLICY must be set by the HC and that you are failing to grasp. Are we a GROUND & POUND team or not?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bgivs21;4310722]But it's on Woody and Tanny to know Rex is a first time HC. He's not going to have all the answers, especially on offense. Rex, believe it or not folks, is learning. I understand that Rex needs to be held to some accountability as the offense is concerned, he is the HC. But do YOU really want Rex, a defensive guru, who has limited knowledge about offense determining how to use the players?!?!

We needed an OC like Norv Turner, who has been a HC, to say to rex let me do my job, let me determine what to do with our players because this is my area of expertise.[/QUOTE]

This wasn't his 1st year as a HC, he just finished his 3rd year....If he is so inexperienced as a HC maybe he shouldn't be writing books, going on book tours, making appearances in movies and commercials and instead watch film of his O

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats all nice but things change.

Sanchez' USC highlight tape is full of plays were there isnt a defender within 10 yds of his receivers. In the NFL they are within 10 INCHES on almost every play.

There have been tons of "great" college QBs who didnt make the transition. After 3 years in the league his college scouting report is meaningless. All that matters now is his NFL scouting report and we all know what that is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4310759]Thats all nice but things change.

Sanchez' USC highlight tape is full of plays were there isnt a defender within 10 yds of his receivers. In the NFL they are within 10 INCHES on almost every play.

There have been tons of "great" college QBs who didnt make the transition. After 3 years in the league his college scouting report is meaningless. All that matters now is his NFL scouting report and we all know what that is.[/QUOTE]

And yet whenever the Jets play teams, there are always players that wide open, just not in the Jets' offense. Interesting...