Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A look back at Sanchez's prospect profile

[QUOTE=SDJETS;4310767]And yet whenever the Jets play teams, there are always players that wide open, just not in the Jets' offense. Interesting...[/QUOTE]

always. yet sanchez is forced to repeatedly throw into tight windows where defenders can stick a hand out and deflect passes. this, while sanchez is running for his life.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4310729]He is a three year HC. He is not inexperienced. We did not make excuses for HERM. Why for REX? Any defensive guru has got to know something about OFFENSE. A HC has to know it all to a degree. If he is wise in only one facet of the game, the team is doomed. POLICY must be set by the HC and that you are failing to grasp. Are we a GROUND & POUND team or not?[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying, and rex is still a first time HC, regardless if its year 3. I would argue that Rex has learned A LOT more in this 1 year of adversity, than he did the first 2 years we went to the AFCCG.

Take for example, BB. In Cleveland he had 1 winning season, in 5 years. He was not nearly close to the coach he is now, are you telling me, between his first coaching gig with the Browns and his 2nd HC gig with the patriots, he didn't gain any experience. Or "well i did this while i was in Cleveland and it didnt work out too well, so let me take a different approach here in NE."

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview09/columns/story?columnist=wickersham_seth&id=4443119[/url]

How many times has that offense evolved in NE? Your offense needs to evolve based on the players you have. It can't be just one answer, are we ground or pound or not. BB has changed the identity of that offense for years. Thats why I'm saying we need an OC who understands that and uses our players to their strengths. Who helps Rex have a better understanding of the offense. AND YES, Rex needs to be in more offensive meetings so he knows what is going on.
    Last edited by bgivs21; 01-04-2012 at 11:01 AM.

[QUOTE=C Mart;4310755]This wasn't his 1st year as a HC, he just finished his 3rd year....If he is so inexperienced as a HC maybe he shouldn't be writing books, going on book tours, making appearances in movies and commercials and instead watch film of his O[/QUOTE]

You just proved my point that Rex is still learning... Like I said in my post above, Rex has learned more in this 1 year of adversity than the last 2 years combined. Im sure you will see less of that, and more work.
    Rex is thoroughly embarassed by this season, and you can bet that he will work his ass off this offseason.
    Last edited by bgivs21; 01-04-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Our problem in general is that we should be run, run, shot down field

We have been dink, run, dunk

It really is that simple when you break it down......of course more roll outs, seam routes, posts, throwbackls, wheel routes, slant and goes, etc would be nice, but that is our issue in a nutshell

Too much passing, not enough running......Tooooo many checkdowns and 2 yard passes when throwing the ball, not enough intermediate and deep routes

All League
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4310720]To allow confusiuon for 3 years is dumb! You make excuses for REX to dump on SCHOTTY. Thats your right but I think the blame has to go to the guy with ultimate responsibility. If he sees something is not working its his job to correct the situation; not make excuses.[/QUOTE]

You really think coaches like McCarthy, Peyton, Tomlin, Kubiak are responsible for anything they do on defense? They leave that in the hands of their DC. It happens all the time in the NFL so I really don't know what you're trying to accomplish spamming any damning thread about Schottenheimer for the passed year other than possibly deflecting the blame that lands squarely on him. Or you're just purposely trying to be as obtuse as possible while increasing your post count... who knows at this point

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=SDJETS;4310767]And yet whenever the Jets play teams, there are always players that wide open, just not in the Jets' offense. Interesting...[/QUOTE]

This has more to do with one player,Eric Smith, than it does with Jet WRs or Schotty's playcalling.

Reasons for Jets' passing woes:
    1. Inaccurate QB
    2. Poor pass blocking (esp. on edges)
    3. Poor scheme (short passes, bunched together routes . . . )
    4. No running game
    5. Poor WR play at times. Holmes, Plax and Keller are not as bad as they looked this year.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4310948]This has more to do with one player,Eric Smith, than it does with Jet WRs or Schotty's playcalling.

Reasons for Jets' passing woes:
    1. Inaccurate QB
    2. Poor pass blocking (esp. on edges)
    3. Poor scheme (short passes, bunched together routes . . . )
    4. No running game
    5. Poor WR play at times. Holmes, Plax and Keller are not as bad as they looked this year.[/QUOTE]

so basically the entire offense sucks. we know this already.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4310951]so basically the entire offense sucks. we know this already.[/QUOTE]

Basically Yes. And the #1 RZ offense is the biggest BS stat of all time. It means crap unless you can get into the RZ, which this team couldn't do. Also great offenses like GB, NO, NE, SD or the Giants are basically in the RZ as soon as they step onto the field. They can score from any part of the field. That is what the league is about today, big plays and playmakers.