Thread: The worst thing to happen to the Jets was reaching the AFCCG two years in a row.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The worst thing to happen to the Jets was reaching the AFCCG two years in a row.

It gave the organization a false sense of accomplishment ... Both years there were glaring weaknesses, and things have deteriorated since. How long has a pure pass rush been an issue? Look at the consistency of the WR corps. Sanchez was proclaimed the boy king.

The talent on this team has been grossly over stated by the front office for years.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-04-2012 at 07:39 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on this years personnel and coaching, yes.

Just like 2006 where Mangini/Pennington eked out that stupid wildcard where otherwise the 2007 season would have been much different.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, worst thing ever. I would much rather have been the Bengals the last two years, and not beaten the Patriots the way we did last season.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    It gave the organization a false sense of accomplishment ... Both years there were glaring weaknesses, and things have deteriorated since. How long has a pure pass rush been an issue? Look at the consistency of the WR corps. Sanchez was proclaimed the boy king.

The talent on this team has been grossly over stated by the front office for years.
    It's never a bad thing to win so i cant agree, But I can understand your sentiment - which is why I put a majority of the blame on Tanny - his job is to evaluate the talent of the team and make the proper adjustments, win or lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Based on this years personnel and coaching, yes.

Just like 2006 where Mangini/Pennington eked out that stupid wildcard where otherwise the 2007 season would have been much different.

SAR I
    Exactly.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The worst thing that could have happened was the Jets reaching the championship game two years in a row?

Are you guys friggin' kidding me?

DUMP

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post

Patsies, Saints, even the Packers, have glaring weaknesses. But they are able to overcome those by strengths in other areas, and by good coaching and preparation (most of the time).

This past season we have neutered our own strengths by trying to be something we were not; we were not well coached; we were not well prepared.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    The worst thing that could have happened was the Jets reaching the championship game two years in a row?

Are you guys friggin' kidding me?

DUMP
    Double dump...

The 10-6 Packers...who barely qualified for the playoffs. Then went on to beat the Super Bowl seasoned Steelers for the Lombardi Trophy. But...if they lost...would've been better off not making it to the Supe at all

Wrong...never be sorry your team tried mightedly to succeed.

The Jets core of players...tested in battle all the way to those two AFCCG losses...have a better idea on what it will take...to successfully win the Lombardi Trophy.

Hindsight logic is a wonderful thing...it allows you to erase the pain...by making believe that past failures never happened