Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Floyd vs Alshon Jeffery

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Michael Floyd vs Alshon Jeffery

Well, it looks like both of our current starting wideouts might be on their way out.

With that being said, WR just became priority #1.

To hell with bringing in dinosaurs, ex-cons, and divas. It's about time that this team drafted their own young, stud wideout.

Our pick is locked in at 16 and both Floyd and Jeffery are slated to go in the 10-20 range. Both are big 6'4 220+ receivers with strong hands and the ability to be bigtime redzone threats.

So my question is, who do you prefer and why?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Jets won't make this pick.

1st off Holmes is uncuttable and untradable. they aren't gonna eat 7 mil in guaranteed money to get rid of Holmes.

2nd they will be looking for mid rounders and sleepers, as usual.

as for the players themselves Jeffery getting ejected in the bowl game for throwing a punch isn't exactly an improvement characterwise. and Floyd leaving the bowl game cause he was punched in the stomach shows a lack of toughness.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    Dude, you said there was no way the Jets would draft a DL high last year because of Pouha and Devito.

And look what happened. We went DL with our top two picks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

1st off Holmes is uncuttable and untradable. they aren't gonna eat 7 mil in guaranteed money to get rid of Holmes.

as for the players themselves Jeffery getting ejected in the bowl game for throwing a punch isn't exactly an improvement characterwise. and Floyd leaving the bowl game cause he was punched in the stomach shows a lack of toughness.
    then they're better off getting a top TE and better rbs then.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

They should if they have a brain, the biggest error this past off season among many was the WR moves. I don't worry even 1 iota about the incident in the bowl game, it was a travesty that he got ejected to tell you the truth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We won't get to make this choice, we'll have to take whichever one is still available (if either). StL, Cle, Jax, Car, Buf, Phi all pick ahead of us, and could be targetting a Wide Receiver.

The real question might be...does Kendall Wright warrant getting drafted @ 16?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Dude, you said there was no way the Jets would draft a DL high last year because of Pouha and Devito.
    put that aside. Jeffery punched his way out of the bowl game and Floyd wimped his way out. Both of these guys have serious questions. Care to address?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    let me also add when the QB is being intercepted by DT throwing check downs to RB, drafting a rd 1WR seems hopeful. Sanchez has targets he just doesn't find them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    let me also add when the QB is being intercepted by DT throwing check downs to RB, drafting a rd 1WR seems hopeful. Sanchez has targets he just doesn't find them.
    that doesn't mean you don't draft talented wrs. the jets could draft jeffrey and fleener and use another qb to throw to them. they're not married to sanchez forever. just maybe for another year or so.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    put that aside. Jeffery punched his way out of the bowl game and Floyd wimped his way out. Both of these guys have serious questions. Care to address?
    Things got heated and there was a shoving match. Whoopty sh*t. Basically the same thing happened with Andre Johnson last year and I'll take that guy on my team anyday of the week.

Every prospect in the draft aside from maybe Luck and DeCastro is going to have their fair share of question marks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your anti-Sanchez bias is clouding your judgement. If no one's getting open downfield, what choice does Sanchez have BUT to attempt a check down (while being flung to the ground by a pass-rusher) ?

The Jets need to replace that big-play threat they had with Braylon. Jeffrey/Floyd are two realistic ways to accomplish that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Your anti-Sanchez bias is clouding your judgement. If no one's getting open downfield, what choice does Sanchez have BUT to attempt a check down (while being flung to the ground by a pass-rusher) ?

The Jets need to replace that big-play threat they had with Braylon. Jeffrey/Floyd are two realistic ways to accomplish that.
    i also think the vision of the GM should be to look beyond who the qb is. they have to assume that whoever the qb is next year, the year after and the year after that, the goal is to have a high powered offense to compete with the top teams in the nfl. sure, sanchez is the qb now. but maybe in 2 yrs they draft another one, or they get a decent veteran. that qb could have guys like jeffrey/fleener to throw to. it's not what sanchez can and can't do. if your qb can't find talented wrs downfield than he's not your qb.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Your anti-Sanchez bias is clouding your judgement. If no one's getting open downfield,
    people are getting open. he's not seeing all the open men. he locks in on his first read and he often checks down. He loves throwing to Keller.

it's one thing to draft a rd1 Wr for Payton Manning. I don't have any confidence Sanchez can use better WR.

let me also add I think Alshon Jeffery is gonna run really slow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please show me video of Jeffrey "throwing a punch"

I'd love to see it Bit....IT DON'T EXIST!

I can show you 3 swings by the Nebraska CB, and one push by Jeffrey, as to say, "get the f off of me"

Alshon has never had character concerns.....you are ridiculous

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Well, it looks like both of our current starting wideouts might be on their way out.

With that being said, WR just became priority #1.

To hell with bringing in dinosaurs, ex-cons, and divas. It's about time that this team drafted their own young, stud wideout.

Our pick is locked in at 16 and both Floyd and Jeffery are slated to go in the 10-20 range. Both are big 6'4 220+ receivers with strong hands and the ability to be bigtime redzone threats.

So my question is, who do you prefer and why?
    Which one has better hands?
    Which one is more of a team player?
    Which one is more willing to block?
    Which one has the skill/ability to get separation?
    Which one runs his routes harder and better?
    Which one is more coachable?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit, why don't you and the rest of the negative Nelly's just answer the god damn question, huh? It's not should we, it's which one. You're out of your freaking skull if you think there isn't a case to take a WR. Even if we're married to Holmes this year, there's next year, the year after that, etc.

No more recycled trash.

Floyd. 100% Floyd. Not only will Jeffrey be looong gone by #16, but even if he was, still - Floyd. No one (Blackmon incl) comes down with the ball as much as Floyd does - in traffic. He literally could give a fck about coverage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Please show me video of Jeffrey "throwing a punch"

I'd love to see it Bit....IT DON'T EXIST!
    he was chippy all game including face mask and other fouls. Look my point is if we want to replace Holmes with a choir boy, that's not Jeffery.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Bit, why don't you and the rest of the negative Nelly's just answer the god damn question, huh? It's not should we, it's which one. You're out of your freaking skull if you think there isn't a case to take a WR.
    there's a big difference between what you or I would do and what the Jets would do

the last time the Jets took a WR in rd 1 was Santana Moss. and he didn't make it to the end of his rookie deal before being traded. before that it was keyshawn Johnson.

that's not my opinion. that's a fact. for whatever reason this front office doesn't prioritize this position with a rd 1 value.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's a big difference between what you or I would do and what the Jets would do

the last time the Jets took a WR in rd 1 was Santana Moss. and he didn't make it to the end of his rookie deal before being traded. before that it was keyshawn Johnson.

that's not my opinion. that's a fact. for whatever reason this front office doesn't prioritize this position with a rd 1 value.

The front office of 1996 has nothing to do with today's front office. Every year under Tannenbaum, the Jets have drafted the clear-cut biggest need in the first round. This year, it's clearly Wide Receiver. Now perhaps Rex pushes his defensive-mindset override, and they go OLB or S...but as we stand here today WR is a clear priority.

Back to the original question: I'd prefer Jeffrey. But I'd still welcome Floyd with arms wide open.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    he was chippy all game including face mask and other fouls. Look my point is if we want to replace Holmes with a choir boy, that's not Jeffery.
    Ummm I was an SC student and now alum and have never ONCE heard anything bad about Alshon.....You are simply making up stuff as he did not have any "face masks or other fouls" WTF are you talking about??

Chippy all game---In the same way Andre Johnson was "chippy" with Cortland Finnegan.....WHAT A JOKE