Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Michael Floyd vs Alshon Jeffery

Veteran
    Sanu declared, wouldn't mind trading back getting another pick and grabbing him end of first top of second round.

All Pro
    easy solution to all this. Take Floyd. He'll have better pro-career and be a more valuable everydown player IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Yup slow, fat ass that routinely ate SEC CB's alive

And beat em deep alot as well

DUMB
    I didn't say he wouldn't be effective in the NFL. But he's definitely not going to be burning guys down field. He has too many flaws to go in the top 10. Dez Bryant dropped to the 20s and he's a better player than Jeffrey.

Best case scenario, I think he could be something like Brandon Marshall in the NFL. And Marshall doesn't really beat guys deep; he uses his body and physicality to win. Jeffrey could do the same.

i think this is all irrelevent because jeffrey will go top-10 after the workouts IMO, so im hoping that floyd makes it past the eagles and falls to us

dude has big play written all over him, both jeffrey and floyd would help take the double teams off holmes, but im starting to think come april neither one will be there when we draft, and if that is the case then i say trade down a few spots and grab that bama safety or a wideout at the end of the first

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    easy solution to all this. Take Floyd. He'll have better pro-career and be a more valuable everydown player IMO.
    Disagree....nothing against Floyd

All League
    We need to hope DeSean and the Eagles settle their differences if we're going to be able to land either Alshon or Floyd

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    We need to hope DeSean and the Eagles settle their differences if we're going to be able to land either Alshon or Floyd
    They need LBs in a big way

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    They need LBs in a big way
    +1

The Eagles have arguably the worst LB corps in the league.

No way they go WR in round 1 with Jackson, Maclin, Smith, and Cooper already on their roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Dude, you said there was no way the Jets would draft a DL high last year because of Pouha and Devito.

And look what happened. We went DL with our top two picks.
    Bitoni... Even though you made my favorite post of the year... He is right. We will seriously consider taking a WR in the first.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    +1

The Eagles have arguably the worst LB corps in the league.

No way they go WR in round 1 with Jackson, Maclin, Smith, and Cooper already on their roster.
    Jackson is no lock to return, and Smith is a goner. The only people assured to be on their roster next year is Maclin, Cooper and Avant. If I'm a GM i'm taking one of those 2 WRs and fishing for LBs elsewhere/later.

Let's hope this Jackson deal gets resolved.

Jackson is no lock to return, and Smith is a goner. The only people assured to be on their roster next year is Maclin, Cooper and Avant. If I'm a GM i'm taking one of those 2 WRs and fishing for LBs elsewhere/later.

Let's hope this Jackson deal gets resolved.
    WR has never been a huge priority for the Eagles. Jackson and Maclin where both big time drops. Jackson should have never fell out of the 1st and most had Maclin as a top ten pick. Even if Jax doesn't return they are convinced Maclin and Cooper are the future. Dont see them going WR early at all. Unless Blackmon falls and if that happens we should shoot Andy before he gets to the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Sanu declared, wouldn't mind trading back getting another pick and grabbing him end of first top of second round.
    I wouldn't mind taking Sanu over either of these guys. Floyd reminds me of a young Plax. He is a police report waiting to happen. Jeffery's stock has fallen a lot. Guy reminds me of DJax coming out. Projected high because of ability then dropped down because of work outs. Sanu has a great ability to make huge plays, good size, and speed. His biggest knock is has he just been a man playing against boys. Scouts dont look at Rutgers often for these types of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I wouldn't mind taking Sanu over either of these guys. Floyd reminds me of a young Plax. He is a police report waiting to happen. Jeffery's stock has fallen a lot. Guy reminds me of DJax coming out. Projected high because of ability then dropped down because of work outs. Sanu has a great ability to make huge plays, good size, and speed. His biggest knock is has he just been a man playing against boys. Scouts dont look at Rutgers often for these types of players.
    Floyd looks like the WR whose game translates better to the pros. Jeffrey's while being a great playmaker, looks lumbering at times and indisciplined inhis route running. I doubt he'll make as much of an impact when he gets jammed at the line of scrimmage by bigger. stronger corners than he is accustomed to. He's the wR that has looks to make more adjustments thoughout his game.
    In the end, I'd prefer picking Richardson over both of them. We also need another OLB in the draft.

I started posting in the 1st round pick thread but I'll move my discussion over here as it's more relevant.

Pretty much was saying how I'm not sure if I should be sold on Floyd. Is he really worth it to use a top 20 pick on? I've seen too many WR busts of guys who were successfully in college bc they could use their physical tools to win jump balls with lesser corners and it just doesn't translate over against better NFL corners.

As I said, I haven't watched enough of Floyd this season to make a judgment yet. I'm just curious what you guys more in the know would say as to what's it worth to take a guy like him or Jeffrey over someone like Sanu (late 1st-2nd), Dwight Jones (2-3) or Jordan White (3-4)? I've heard a lot of good things about Jones particularly. Would we be better off waiting?

You know I'm with you on Floyd. Love that guy.

Every time I watch him I just think "that's a pro right there." And a damn good one too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    let me also add when the QB is being intercepted by DT throwing check downs to RB, drafting a rd 1WR seems hopeful. Sanchez has targets he just doesn't find them.
    I totally agree. What is your input re E. Riley. He is signed to a futures contract and he has size and speed. Aside from that I do not have much insight into him. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    You know I'm with you on Floyd. Love that guy.

Every time I watch him I just think "that's a pro right there." And a damn good one too.
    No doubt Floyd is a fine player but I honestly think TR would be a better overall pick for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I totally agree. What is your input re E. Riley. He is signed to a futures contract and he has size and speed. Aside from that I do not have much insight into him. Thanks.

BGA Special: Scouting Eron Riley

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2011/10/2...ng-eron-riley/