Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Floyd vs Alshon Jeffery

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Please show me video of Jeffrey "throwing a punch"

I'd love to see it Bit....IT DON'T EXIST!

I can show you 3 swings by the Nebraska CB, and one push by Jeffrey, as to say, "get the f off of me"

Alshon has never had character concerns.....you are ridiculous
    I knew i'd find you here, Pissed about that lame ass call. Dennard is a punk and had gotten away with holding and pi all day. The refs caused that skirmish and only Dennard threw punches.... 2 to be exact.
    Alshon is a freak and we'd be lucky to get him. Or Adams or Wright.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    there's a big difference between what you or I would do and what the Jets would do

the last time the Jets took a WR in rd 1 was Santana Moss. and he didn't make it to the end of his rookie deal before being traded. before that it was keyshawn Johnson.

that's not my opinion. that's a fact. for whatever reason this front office doesn't prioritize this position with a rd 1 value.
    They wanted Percy Harvin and took Keller (basically a WR). That's with the current GM running the show.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    I knew i'd find you here, Pissed about that lame ass call. Dennard is a punk and had gotten away with holding and pi all day. The refs caused that skirmish and only Dennard threw punches.... 2 to be exact.
    Alshon is a freak and we'd be lucky to get him. Or Adams or Wright.
    Thank you....Bit is simply slandering Alshon, have no idea why?

I would LOVE Alshon in the 1st, Joe Adams in the 3rd or 4th.....How awesome would that be? Not that far fetched....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polidore22 View Post
    They wanted Percy Harvin and took Keller (basically a WR). That's with the current GM running the show.
    Wrong draft but you are correct..Harvin was in the '09 draft..After taking Sanchez Jets tried to trade back up into the 1st to take Harvin

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you....Bit is simply slandering Alshon, have no idea why?

I would LOVE Alshon in the 1st, Joe Adams in the 3rd or 4th.....How awesome would that be? Not that far fetched....
    i'd like to see the jets get a big TE like the giants get. fleener and his 6'6" body along with jeffrey would really help the qb.

especially one who can't see over his line.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Bit, why don't you and the rest of the negative Nelly's just answer the god damn question, huh? It's not should we, it's which one. You're out of your freaking skull if you think there isn't a case to take a WR. Even if we're married to Holmes this year, there's next year, the year after that, etc.

No more recycled trash.

Floyd. 100% Floyd. Not only will Jeffrey be looong gone by #16, but even if he was, still - Floyd. No one (Blackmon incl) comes down with the ball as much as Floyd does - in traffic. He literally could give a fck about coverage.
    Is he a good punt returner too? That would be nice.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Wrong draft but you are correct..Harvin was in the '09 draft..After taking Sanchez Jets tried to trade back up into the 1st to take Harvin
    Yes sorry I didn't mean to imply it was the same draft. Two drafts we've went after receiving threats is what I was saying (poorly.)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit you chose the wrong prospect to make up sh*t about....no idea what you have against him, but he would be a great pick for us

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bit you chose the wrong prospect to make up sh*t about....no idea what you have against him, but he would be a great pick for us
    what did I make up? He did in fact get ejected. He doesn't have amazing straight line speed. are you Jeffery's agent?

He reminds me of better version of Tori Gurley a big slowish possession WR that ended up undrafted and on someone's taxi squad. Is Jeffery the exact same as Gurley no. But he's overrated right now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    what did I make up? He did in fact get ejected. He doesn't have amazing straight line speed. are you Jeffery's agent?

He reminds me of better version of Tori Gurley a big slowish possession WR that ended up undrafted and on someone's taxi squad. Is Jeffery the exact same as Gurley no. But he's overrated right now.
    Saying that he "punched", he did not.....Acting like he is a bad character guy.....He is not at all.....The Nebraska CB was taunting him all game and getting destroyed so he punched Alshon 3 times....all Jeffrey did was push him away and got thrown out for it.....GIMMIE A BREAK

Larry Fitzgerald does not have amazing straight line speed either

Comparing Tori Gurley and Alshon Jeffrey is an absolute joke....WTF?!?!

One was a nice player in the SEC , one was a dominant player in the SEC from day one.....

Please tell me you're joking

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    "he was chippy all game including face mask and other fouls"

THIS IS 100% MADE UP, FALSE, A LIE

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well now that Bit sh*tted up another thread allow me to get it back on track

There are questions to either of the receivers on display

Floyd seems to be the more natural receiver. Watch how he adjusts to the ball and makes the catch with nothing but his HANDS. No cradling with the body. No chest grabs. He's all hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wCv5eY144s

The issue you have with him is his straight-line speed and his questionable character. We won't be able to tell until we get his forty time but some assume he could be the slowest of the possible first round receivers.

The next is Jeffery. He's another big receiver who seems to have more big play ability. Like Floyd, he's great at catching the pass away from his body with nothing but his hands. You have to wonder if he's as natural at adjusting to the ball as much as Floyd does. With an erratic passer like Sanchez its important.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyjXCE__3OI

The concerns with Jeffery have less to do with off the field issues than on the field issues. The long strider that Jeffery is, will he be able to work on his route running? His route running now most would point to as acceptable to boarder line poor. You also have to worry about his weight. It's been noted that he's come into seasons overweight and out of shape. Will he eat his way out of the league?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    there's a big difference between what you or I would do and what the Jets would do.
    I don't care - you still didn't answer the god damn question. this thread is titled WHICH ONE. There's a litany of other threads discussing the legitimacy of the Jets spending a first round pick on a WR or another position.

Stop being a douche and stick to the fcking topic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    let's take all the emotion out of this discussion for a second.

Alshon Jeffery is a possession WR. He excels at Jump balls in the end zone. He's got superior size and strength. He lacks gamebreaking speed. He will be lucky to break 4.5 40-yard dash. He doesn't get great seperation. he's basically a young Plexico.

They can find players like that, in fact they already have that player in plexico. they don't have to use a 1st rounder on him. He doesn't take the top off the defense like a true deep threat. the player from Baylor, Kendall Wright is more of a deep threat than Jeffery.

they don't need another Plexico they need a Victor Cruz that can gamebreak. And you don't have to use 1st rounders on those players. and the way the Qb Sanchez is developing, I don't know that a first round WR will ever live up to expectation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't care - you still didn't answer the god damn question. this thread is titled WHICH ONE.
    I dont really want either at 1st round prices.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    let's take all the emotion out of this discussion for a second.

Alshon Jeffery is a possession WR. He excels at Jump balls in the end zone. He's got superior size and strength. He lacks gamebreaking speed. He will be lucky to break 4.5 40-yard dash. He doesn't get great seperation. he's basically a young Plexico.

They can find players like that, in fact they already have that player in plexico. they don't have to use a 1st rounder on him. He doesn't take the top off the defense like a true deep threat. the player from Baylor, Kendall Wright is more of a deep threat than Jeffery.

they don't need another Plexico they need a Victor Cruz that can gamebreak. And you don't have to use 1st rounders on those players. and the way the Qb Sanchez is developing, I don't know that a first round WR will ever live up to expectation.

Jeffrey still gets behind the defense and makes game breaking plays. Even against a first round caliber CB, Dennard, Jeffrey made huge plays down the field. Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63...is he too slow to go deep?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would sign up for a young plaxico burress in his prime in a heartbeat....all pro man

I just disagree that plaxico is a good comparison.....

I honestly think Larry Fitzgerald is a very good comparison....Alshon has elite body control and snags everything around him...

Alshon can make crazy catches and adjust his body at any moment while high in the air

I can't explain it to well, but maybe someone can help me here.......the way fitzgerald catches and adjusts so well to jump balls

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly think Larry Fitzgerald is a very good comparison.
    After his sophomore season, Fitzgerald was recognized as the best player in the NCAA with the 2003 Walter Camp Award and the Touchdown Club of Columbus's Chic Harley Award, and as the best wide receiver in college football with the 2003 Biletnikoff Award and the Touchdown Club's Paul Warfield Award. He was also a unanimous 2003 All-America selection and a runner-up for the prestigious Heisman Trophy, given to the most outstanding player in college football; Oklahoma's Jason White won that award by a relatively slim margin.

In just 26 games with the Panthers, Fitzgerald caught 161 passes for 2,677 yards and set a new Pitt record with 34 receiving touchdowns. He was the first player in school history with back-to-back 1,000-yard receiving seasons, and his 14 games with at least 100 yards receiving broke Antonio Bryant's previous all-time Panthers record of 13.

Fitzgerald also holds an NCAA record with at least one touchdown catch in 18 straight games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Fitzgerald
    Alshon Jeffery is not like Larry Fitzgerald. Jeffrey had an amazing 2010 but failed to go over 100 yards receiving in all of 2011, until the bowl game.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/playerDetai...g=648&player=1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People realize that scouts have HUGE concerns about Jeffery eating himself out of the league right?! This guy is in bad shape and it is a huge red flag regarding him....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    People realize that scouts have HUGE concerns about Jeffery eating himself out of the league right?! This guy is in bad shape and it is a huge red flag regarding him....
    False. Completely False.

And in terms of Jeffrey and not being considered the best WR in football....there is no way Jeffrey was going to be able to pump up his stats playing in that SEC offense with an atrocity of a QB situation. Switch Jeffrey and Blackmon, and Jeffrey's numbers balloon up.