Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NFP Mock Draft

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    TR is fantastic...but he won't fall to 16.
    With the way the draft order has fallen, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Just look at the teams picking ahead of us. I don't see anyone in the 6-15 area that would take him except maybe Dallas.

Hell, if he's still on the board in the 10-12 area I wouldn't be against trading up to grab him.

Barring injuries, the kid is going to be phenomenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You have to take Richardson if he's there.

Some have argued he's the best RB prospect since Peterson, I think you can argue that he's even better.

This kid is the closest thing to Earl Campbell since Earl Campbell.
    Better than DMC? I know DMC is always injured but we saw first hand this year what he can do when he is healthy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Better than DMC? I know DMC is always injured but we saw first hand this year what he can do when he is healthy.
    IMO Richardson is a better prospect than both McFadden and Peterson.

His blend of speed and power is remarkable. Great vision, great acceleration, and he NEVER puts the ball on the ground. He doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his body either.

He's the closest thing to Bo Jackson/Earl Campbell that I've seen. If we're committed to the ground and pound philosophy, then this is the perfect guy to build the offense around.

If we could get TR at 16 and Perry or Sanu in the 2nd that would be fantastic

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    If we could get TR at 16 and Perry or Sanu in the 2nd that would be fantastic
    I think Nick Perry experiences a meteoric rise in value between now and draft day. I don't think we'll be able to draft him, even in the first round.

All Pro
    Trent Richardson reminds me so much of Maurice Jones-Drew. He is just incredibly build, tough, can do it all and kind of like a bowling ball. Difference between the two is that Richardson is taller and propably even bigger. Incredible prospect...

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    IMO Richardson is a better prospect than both McFadden and Peterson.

His blend of speed and power is remarkable. Great vision, great acceleration, and he NEVER puts the ball on the ground. He doesn't have a lot of wear and tear on his body either.

He's the closest thing to Bo Jackson/Earl Campbell that I've seen. If we're committed to the ground and pound philosophy, then this is the perfect guy to build the offense around.
    Respectfully, I disagree. McFadden and Peterson were bigger home run threats than TR. Agree to disagree.

What about Decastro? I know we have a decent LG, but our oline could became the best in the league. I think I'd rather see Decastro slide to us and then trade up for Barron.

All Pro
    Normally I'd shy away from a RB in the first round. But this year just gone, I saw Greene so many times get into the secondary and not have the moves to break outside for a truly long gain, instead he just seemed to keep going and get taken down by he safeties, almost without too much trouble.

While a good workhorse type back, he's not a true home run hitter. I can honestly say if we had that type of guy this year, we'd have won more games.

Also, RB's have tended lately to drop in the draft as more and more teams buy into the philosophy of getting guys in later rounds. Could work in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I have no problem with TR

but the player I am most jealous of another team drafting, in this mock is Kelechi Osemele

if you believe the biggest problem with the team is Wayne Hunter, that might be the player to fix it

whether he's worth the 16 pick the 28 pick or something later, we will find out (chances are he's not a first rounder) but this is a player I am very much looking forward to seeing in Mobile against top talent.
    Bit......I know it was only one game, but saw this guy vs Rutgers, and he was abused. Looked slow and immobile,much like Wayne Hunter. If Decastro there, you think we bite? Also, what do you think of going after Peyton Hillis? We supposedly have $ under cap, and seem to have much bigger needs( oline, speed on d) to use picks on than running back. Do you have Sanu as 1st rounder?

All Pro
    The draft value chart says that if we traded our 1st and 3rd we could move up to 12 or 13....assuming a willing partner.....assuming TR is there.....assuming we want him.