Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFP Mock Draft

Veteran

NFP Mock Draft

Very intersting scenario here.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ersion-10.html

Mock Draft: Version 1.0
    Breaking down how we think the entire first round will play out in the 2012 NFL Draft.
    Wes Bunting

1. Indianapolis Colts: Stanford QB Andrew Luck
    Even with the Peyton Manning decision looming, Luck is still the best prospect on the board at a position the Colts have future questions at.

2. St. Louis Rams: Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon
    Its very possible the Rams will at look at USC OT Matt Kalil here. However, they have invested a ton of money on the offensive line in recent years and getting a big-play receiver for quarterback Sam Bradford and then looking to fix the offensive line later on might be a better play.

3. Minnesota Vikings: Southern Cal OT Matt Kalil
    Quarterback Christian Ponder has shown flashes in year one, but he needs to stay healthy. Therefore, bringing in the top offensive tackle prospect in the draft who has a chance to mature into a Pro Bowl-caliber lineman seems like an easy selection at three.

4. Cleveland Browns: Baylor QB Robert Griffin III
    The Browns need to upgrade the quarterback position and RG3 has the kind of talent, confidence and overall work ethic to make good on his elite upside.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: LSU CB Morris Claiborne
    Tampa Bay has done a great job over the past two drafts improving the overall talent along its defensive line. Therefore, adding a playmaking corner who can capitalize on all the future pressure is a must for this defense to take that next step.

6. Washington Redskins: Alabama CB Dre Kirkpatrick
    With no quarterbacks on the board worthy of the number six overall selection, look for the Redskins to take one of the best prospects on the board at a key need and try to trade back into the later portions of round one for the quarterback they desire.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: South Carolina WR Alshon Jeffery
    Coming off his big bowl game performance against Nebraskas Alfonzo Dennard, Jeffery now has some momentum going his way and could begin to really ascend up draft boards. Hes a long kid with sneaky speed down the field and knows how to go get the football. And he has the talent to instantly improve the Jags' receiving corps.

8. Carolina Panthers: Penn State DT Devon Still
    The Panthers need a big body inside who can anchor on contact, push the pocket and find the football. Still isnt a dynamic pass rusher and there are some other linemen on the board with more talent. But he has the size to fend off blocks inside and in my mind is one of the safer defensive tackle prospects in this years draft.

9. Miami Dolphins: Alabama OLB Courtney Upshaw
    Much like the Redskins, with no quarterback on the board worthy of a top ten pick, the Dolphins could be forced to address a need elsewhere. With OLB Jason Taylor retiring, Miami is going to be in need of pass rusher opposite Cameron Wake and Upshaws power would be a nice complement.

10. Buffalo Bills: Iowa OT Riley Reiff
    Reiff is an athletic tackle with good range off the edge, natural change of direction skills and has the ability to sit into his stance on contact. He needs to get stronger and fill out a bit more. However, this former tight end recruit has the type of athleticism and demeanor to mature into the kind of blind side protector the Bills are looking for.

11. Kansas City Chiefs: Stanford OT Jonathan Martin
    Martin not only adds talent to the Chiefs offensive line, but he allows them to move LT Branden Albert to either right tackle or left guard.

12. Seattle Seahawks: North Carolina DL Quinton Coples
    The Seahawks have a real unique blend of athletes on the defensive side of the ball and because of that it makes me think Coples would be able to fit right in and fill a number of roles at both DT and DE. Plus, Pete Carroll seems like the kind of coach that could get the most out of Copless talent.

13. Arizona Cardinals: South Carolina OLB/DE Melvin Ingram
    Ingram has the ability to play with his hand on the ground or rush off the edge from a two-point stance. Hes a sudden pass rusher with natural change of direction skills, long arms and could offer some talent and versatility to the Cardinals defense on third down.

14. Dallas Cowboys: Stanford: OG David DeCastro
    The idea of drafting an athlete like DeCastro and potentially playing him next to 2011 first-round pick Tyron Smith at left tackle has to sound mighty intriguing.

15. Philadelphia Eagles: Boston College ILB Luke Kuechly
    A tackling machine with good size, natural instincts and knowledge to fend off blocks and find the football. Is the kind of talent the Eagles need inside to improve their struggling linebacking corps.

16. New York Jets: Alabama RB Trent Richardson
    If the Jets are going to be successful, they have to get back to their ground and pound ways. And the idea of Trent Richardson and Shonn Greene as their one-two punch might be too good to pass up.

17. Cincinnati Bengals: Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard
    Dennard offers the Bengals the ability to be physical and play press on the outside, as well as potentially kick inside to the nickel in third down situations. Hes a good value here and should instantly be able to make an impact in their secondary.

18. San Diego Chargers: Southern Cal DE/OLB Nick Perry
    3-4 teams are always looking for talented pass rushers and Perry has the skill set to be an impact guy. Hes an explosive athlete with a good first step and sneaky power to his game. Hes a bit linear, but from a two-point stance he could mature into a real terror.

19. Chicago Bears: Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd
    Floyd has some character concerns and isnt the most dynamic of athletes. However, hes a guy capable of running the entire route tree, beating press coverage on the outside and going up to get the football. An ideal fit for Chicago.

20. Tennessee Titans: Baylor WR Kendall Wright
    Wright is one of the only top-tier receiver prospects in the class with legit straight-line speed, as he has the ability to not only take the top off the defense, but run away from corners on deep crossing routes. The Titans could play him both inside and out and would give whoever is playing quarterback there next year one of the top receiving cores in the league.

21. Denver Broncos: Michigan State DT Jerel Worthy
    Adding a thick, powerful, penetrating type defensive tackle who can create havoc and stop plays before they start is just what the Broncos need inside. Worthy has some question marks about his motor, but if he can play with more consistency he has the talent to be one of the best to come out of the class.

22. Cincinnati Bengals: Miami RB Lamar Miller
    With RB Cedric Benson closing in on 30-years old, its time to look for some fresher legs that will be able to help him carry the load.

23. New York Giants: Stanford TE Coby Fleener
    As if this offense needs another weapon on it. However, Fleener has the ability to be that every down type on the line Y who can create down the field, And at 6-6, 245-pounds has the size to mature into a very capable blocker.

24. Houston Texans: Alabama SS Mark Barron
    Barron has the ability to be another versatile piece in Wade Phillips defense. He can play inside the box and act as an extra linebacker, he can read and react quickly in the deep half and has shown improved balance/foot quickness this year in man vs. the tight end. Hes one of the few starters likely to come out of this years safety class.

25. Cleveland Browns: Rutgers WR Mohamed Sanu
    Sanu is as talented as any receiver in this years draft. Hes got great leaping ability, impressive balance/foot quickness for his size and can go get the football. Hes still learning his trade but the upside is there for this guy to mature into a very capable starting X at the next level.

26. Detroit Lions: Ohio State OT Mike Adams
    As long as quarterback Matthew Stafford is healthy the offense is going to score points. Therefore, bringing in an athlete capable of protecting his blind side is becoming a major need in Detroit.

27. Baltimore Ravens: Memphis DL Dontari Poe
    The Ravens do a great job grooming young, talented defensive lineman who might be a bit raw, but have the talent to win in their 34 front. Poe might need some time, but long term could mature into one of the steals of the draft.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers: Iowa State OL Kelechi Osemele
    Hes the type of big, coordinated offensive lineman the Steelers like with the anchor strength to hold the point of attack and the versatility to play either guard or tackle at the next level.

29. New England Patriots: Clemson DT Brandon Thompson
    Thompson is a potential three down lineman at the next level who can play both the nose and three technique inside for the Patriots in their 43 front.

30. San Francisco 49ers: Nebraska DE Jared Crick
    Crick is the type of tough, hard working lineman that head coach Jim Harbaugh wants on his team. Hes 6-4, 290 and has the length to fend off blocks as a five-technique and has a great role model in Justin Smith to learn from.

31. New England Patriots: Wisconsin OL Peter Konz
    Konz is the type of safe, NFL ready type first round pick the Patriots love. Hes got the ability to play both center and guard at the next level and gives New England some options inside.

32. Green Bay Packers: West Virginia OLB Bruce Irvin
    Irvin played out of position during his time at West Virginia. However, hes got an explosive first step, can change directions as a pass rusher and could be the one guy who flies up draft boards this post-season.

All League
    That's a beautiful scenario if it plays out that way. While my #1 goal is WR...you have to take Trent if he falls. Thankfully, there are a bunch of very intriguing WRs that could be taken later in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    That's a beautiful scenario if it plays out that way. While my #1 goal is WR...you have to take Trent if he falls. Thankfully, there are a bunch of very intriguing WRs that could be taken later in the draft.
    I agree, its difficult to see the Jets passing up Richardson if he is there.

Veteran
    With all the holes in this team, not sure we go RB that high, unless LT retires. That being said Richardson looks like the BPA in that mock.

the jets need an offensive playmaker, at any position. they've taken wilson and wilkerson the past two years in the first round. they'd be fortunate if they could get either jeffrey, floyd or richardson. any one of those 3 would be a great pick. if none are available, the jets' best option may be to try to trade back. guys like ingram, upshaw, etc, seem like quality but none seems that much better than another such that getting a guy like perry 10 slots later and getting extra picks is probably worth it, if possible.

I have no problem with TR

but the player I am most jealous of another team drafting, in this mock is Kelechi Osemele

if you believe the biggest problem with the team is Wayne Hunter, that might be the player to fix it

whether he's worth the 16 pick the 28 pick or something later, we will find out (chances are he's not a first rounder) but this is a player I am very much looking forward to seeing in Mobile against top talent.

49ers wont be taking a 34DE with their first pick. It'll either be QB, WR, 34OLB or DB.

love the richardson pick. we need a guy who can share carries with Greene and McKnight can be 3rd down back.

rest of the draft need OL, WR, OLB, S

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I'm hoping the Jets will be able to get one of the second tier receivers with their second round pick, but seeing a guy like Sanu sneak into the bottom of the first round in this mock has me feeling less confident about the Jets ability to do so.

I would love to grab TR, but I can't convince myself that he'll actually fall to 16, he could very well be the second best player in the draft, so why wouldn't miami or arizona or seattle grab him? let alone if he does fall out of the top 10 i would think teams would be trying to trade up to get him

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 49ersJetsfan View Post
    49ers wont be taking a 34DE with their first pick. It'll either be QB, WR, 34OLB or DB.
    they are not ready to give up on Kaepernick just yet....

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    I have no problem with TR

but the player I am most jealous of another team drafting, in this mock is Kelechi Osemele

if you believe the biggest problem with the team is Wayne Hunter, that might be the player to fix it

whether he's worth the 16 pick the 28 pick or something later, we will find out (chances are he's not a first rounder) but this is a player I am very much looking forward to seeing in Mobile against top talent.
    Hey bit,do u have Nick Perry rated as a 1st rounder.

By the way,i think Richardson's 40 is gonna determined where he goes .If he's there when we pick,i have to take him.I'm hoping Perry is a late 2nd rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Hey bit,do u have Nick Perry rated as a 1st rounder.
    it's a good question, I have him on the cusp, pending workouts. He's got a similar grade as Brandon Jenkins FSU in my book. the times will dictate their stock.

Jets Insider VIP
    You have to take Richardson if he's there.

Some have argued he's the best RB prospect since Peterson, I think you can argue that he's even better.

This kid is the closest thing to Earl Campbell since Earl Campbell.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Some have argued he's the best RB prospect since Peterson, I think you can argue that he's even better.

TR is fantastic...but he won't fall to 16.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

If we get this kid i think i might wet my pants.He might even be worth a conversation about moving up for.Kid has everything,and i'm hoping he runs an awful 40.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    it's a good question, I have him on the cusp, pending workouts. He's got a similar grade as Brandon Jenkins FSU in my book. the times will dictate their stock.
    Jenkins is a 1st rounder.Perry is this year's Brooks Reed.I like the kid,but not in the 1st.

If Richardson falls to 16, they take him. Too good of a prospect to pass up and fills the need for RB in this draft. If not trade down a few spots to grab a extra 5th or 6th.

I think TR will be there when the Jets pick. The teams that would probably need him pick so high that they will pick other positions (Rams/Browns specifically). If you run down picks 5-15, there's literally no team in that range that have any kind of need at RB. The real threat will be a team trading up to get him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    If we get this kid i think i might wet my pants.He might even be worth a conversation about moving up for.Kid has everything,and i'm hoping he runs an awful 40.
    Agreed

I wouldn't be against moving up 4-5 spots for Richardson.

If Rex really wants to play "ground and pound" on offense then T-Rich is the perfect answer.

We need our own MJD/Peterson if we truly want to run with that philosophy.