Thread: Jets mock...never too early.

Jets mock...never too early.

Despite not studying the college players as much as I'd like yet and just perusing some of the more popular draft sites I'm going to toss out a 1st mock. Not sure about the player value range on some of these but it gives an idea of positions I'd like to address.

I'm treating the Lowrey and Caleb Schafenfraud (or whatever he is called) as a push for draft picks. I am adding one 6th rounder as a compensatory pick for lost Free agents.

1 - Courtney Upshaw - OLB - Alabama
    2 - Mike Adams - OT - Ohio State
    3 - Jordan White - WR - Western Michigan
    4 - Aaron Henry - S - Wisconsin
    5 - Miles Burris - OLB - San Diego State
    6 - George Bryan - TE - North Carolina State
    6 - Charles Mitchell - S - Mississippi State
    7 - Drew Butler - P - Georgia

All Pro
    Way too early for White,but i gotta say i like the kid's body control and his hands.He's like Chrebet.

Jets Insider VIP
    I know we're all starved for a passrusher, but this offense needs playmakers in the worst way.

Trent Richardson
    Michael Floyd
    Alshon Jeffery

In a perfect world we walk away with one of those three guys.

All Pro
    Sorry my ex-fellow albertan. We're usually on the same wavelengths - but not this time.

Defense was not the primary problem last year. did you forget our record number of 3 and OUTs?? The secondary outside of safety play held up great despite our pass rush being hot and cold. We have some youth at OLB though adding will be on the wish list, and OT is not worth spending another high pick on.

We need to move the ball. WR. TEs. RBs. QBs even. There's no way to convince me that should Floyd or Jeffrey be there that we have any greater need.

Jordan white was all over the place in peoples rankings so he was a tough one.

I disagree about the defense. We have sanchez that is never going to be drew brees in my opinion. Our safeties are pure awful and cost us a couple of games last year as surely as our offense did.

We have gone along with sub par olb rushers for years making us gamble like crazy and expose the weak safeties in coverage. We add even one more really good olb rusher and the defense becomes a terror.

If one of the top two WR's is on board in the 1st I would have no problem with that pick at all. I've said before that is my 1st choice. I just don't think the top two will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I know we're all starved for a passrusher, but this offense needs playmakers in the worst way.

Trent Richardson
    Michael Floyd
    Alshon Jeffery

In a perfect world we walk away with one of those three guys.
    i agree. the jets would be fortunate to get one of those guys. ideally they do, then draft a RT in the 2nd. i'd be ok with taking a guy like vinny curry in the 2nd as well.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

I disagree about the defense. We have sanchez that is never going to be drew brees in my opinion. Our safeties are pure awful and cost us a couple of games last year as surely as our offense did.

We have gone along with sub par olb rushers for years making us gamble like crazy and expose the weak safeties in coverage. We add even one more really good olb rusher and the defense becomes a terror.

If one of the top two WR's is on board in the 1st I would have no problem with that pick at all. I've said before that is my 1st choice. I just don't think the top two will be there.
    Not that it matters but who's your top 2. I'm guessing you favor Jeffrey over Floyd? I'd take Floyd so fast I'd get draft burn if he was still on the board.

I think you're missing one thing in all this. When you watched games this year, the defense held on for a while in most games. We were rarely beaten down quick. But when the offense gives the ball back to the enemy after 45 seconds of playing... then all the weak links get exaggerated. Exhaustion sets in. Mental defeat.

Had we had better ball management, i don't think our defense looks a porous as it did.

what about kendall wright? i haven't seen him play.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Want Upshaw in the first. We can pick up Meachem and Braylon etc in FA. However if the top WRs are availble in the first or even Richardson that might be hard to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Not that it matters but who's your top 2. I'm guessing you favor Jeffrey over Floyd? I'd take Floyd so fast I'd get draft burn if he was still on the board.

I think you're missing one thing in all this. When you watched games this year, the defense held on for a while in most games. We were rarely beaten down quick. But when the offense gives the ball back to the enemy after 45 seconds of playing... then all the weak links get exaggerated. Exhaustion sets in. Mental defeat.

Had we had better ball management, i don't think our defense looks a porous as it did.
    If Rex is adamant about ground and pound and ball control and all that goes with it we have to improve the crap parts of the D. If we want to go in the other direction we can addd a QB to our wish list. As I said I will have no problem if we go wr in 1 i prefer that but we still have to have 2 safeties, at least one olb preferabbly two. We will not beat that pats no way no how if we do not upgrade safety and pass rush.

All Pro
    I really hope the Jets trade down this year rather than trade up for a change.
    As many picks as possible.

All League
    Not a bad get, but wouldn't be jumping out my seat.

All League
    16th is way too early to take Upshaw. BPA is probably more the case. We need play makers in the worst way

Quote Originally Posted by prza View Post
    I really hope the Jets trade down this year rather than trade up for a change.
    As many picks as possible.
    me too. the jets could use an extra 3rd rounder to use on a guard or safety. the team needs a good FA season to fill safety and RT so they can really go BAP and not be desperate come the draft. that's what produced the infamous ducasse pick.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    16th is way too early to take Upshaw.
    there's a NFP mock thread, where Upshaw goes 9th. His value is a solid 1 pending workouts.