Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a real chance for Trent Richardson to drop to us?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    watching the Texans game right now... Arian Foster was undrafted and now he's awesome. it's not a position where you HAVE to use a 1st round on RB to find a good one.
    it's true. but wr is another story. you can find guys like cotch in later rounds, but the top wrs are generally top picks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Richardson reminds me of Ricky Williams coming out of Texas.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's true. but wr is another story. you can find guys like cotch in later rounds, but the top wrs are generally top picks.
    I agree with that statement but Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Larry F all top 5 players.

there's not a ton of mid to late 1st WR who are dominant.

for example Santonio Holmes was a late 1st WR.

after a certain point there's alot of dependency on the QB to make the WR productive.

if he's not a 6'4" 230 4.3 guy, Antonio Brown in the 6th becomes a better bargain.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with that statement but Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Larry F all top 5 players.

there's not a ton of mid to late 1st WR who are dominant.

for example Santonio Holmes was a late 1st WR.

after a certain point there's alot of dependency on the QB to make the WR productive.

if he's not a 6'4" 230 4.3 guy, Antonio Brown in the 6th becomes a better bargain.
    nicks comes to mind. but if jeffrey or floyd are too slow, there's nothing wrong with getting a speedster like wright and then getting a big TE who can block. whether it's sanchez or another qb, this team needs several new weapons. and if it's sanchez, i think he needs several tall weapons, like eli did earlier in his career. plax really helped him out and we see what plax did in the red zone this year. getting jeffrey and fleener would really help. we can't make sanchez taller, but we can make his targets taller...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    nicks comes to mind.
    he's a very good player but not amazing (like Santonio). Like most WR, he needs a catchable ball to make a play.

Calvin Johnson and players like that, can catch any ball. Plexico and Braylon are like that to a lesser extent. It's notable that Braylon was also a top 5 pick.

we can't make sanchez taller, but we can make his targets taller...
    I agree with that but he had Patrick Turner and PLexico too, he can miss tall targets. I don't know that drafting a WR is the move right now. I'd almost they draft a RT or even a real backup QB before they go to the 1st round WR well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's a very good player but not amazing (like Santonio). Like most WR, he needs a catchable ball to make a play.

Uh, no. Nicks has among the best ball skills in the game. Other than the Johnsons and Fitzgerald, you could argue he's the next best WR in that department.

As for your Arian Foster being an UDFA point, you can say the same exact thing about WRs with Victor Cruz and Wes Welker.

1st round RBs are only risky because of the injury factor. Richardson has the build and toughness, combined with the sheer skill, to be an awesome boon for the Jets unscary offense

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    TR looks the closest to being a sure fire weapon amongst the RBs. He has everything you would want in a RB and then some. Power, vision, body control, good hands, speed, agility etc.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What do you see as his market?
    Total speculation on my part because I can't remember the last time a team traded a RB for a draft pick off the top of my head, but I would think that a 3rd or 4th round pick would be reasonable.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    TR looks the closest to being a sure fire weapon amongst the RBs. He has everything you would want in a RB and then some. Power, vision, body control, good hands, speed, agility etc.
    we couldnt get Mcfadden at 5, we are not getting TR at 16.