Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN Pierce: "Sanchez will never win a SB/McElroy will be cut - guaranteed"

ESPN Pierce: "Sanchez will never win a SB/McElroy will be cut - guaranteed"

Antonio Pierce, who I find to be very articulate and inciteful in the handful of times I've heard him on ESPN cite the following about Sanchez that makes him believe our QB will NEVER win a title for us:

* Sanchez will never be consistent enough with EVERYTHING on the line.

* Sanchez is weak in the lockerroom - even for a third year QB. He said Brady in his third year would have put Holmes in his place back in mid season.

* Sanchez is obviously NOT ALLOWED to throw anything over 15 yards down the field because of poor downfield accuracy. He said our QB had better accuracy at USC".

As far as McElroy, he had this to say:

* McElroy will be cut - you can bet on it. It's a shame because he came from a winnning program using a "pro style" offense by a "pro style" HC, but, the way of the NFL is to cut critics - even if it hurts your team".

Hall Of Fame
    Links or it never happened.

I agree that Sanchez has major issues right now and may not have the type of personality to be a leader, but it is ridiculous to say he cannot win the Super Bowl.

Here is a guy who managed to take two teams to the brink of the Super Bowl. So how does it work; "um, he is good enough to lead his teams to four road playoff games in two years including beating Brady and Peyton Manning in their buildings. But its impossible for him to win one more game". Absurd

If the Jets surround Sanchez with the proper coaches and players that suit his skills set, he can win big games.

Enough is enough with this crap.

All Pro
    What does Pierce know?

Mcelroy looked good despite his weak arm in limited action last TC, we have nothing at QB behind Mark - I really don't see the brass letting him go, bringing in a vet to toast Sanchez's toes but I think he'll stick as a #3/practice squad.

All of these morons come out when we lose. What a joke!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Id rather see Brooks Bollinger back than see a disgruntled employee bad mouthing his employer and co workers to the media. To keep him would be embarassing IMO.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Id rather see Brooks Bollinger back than see a disgruntled employee
    Limo...he sounded disappointed. Not disgruntled, imho.

I dont see where good guys holding their tongues helped us any during the season.

Seemed like only the idiots were talking.

Though his rookdom might indicate he keep his trap shut...his heart seems to be in the right place, I'll give him that.

I think he talked himself out of a job here, though....

On Fatcessa....Tanny went out of his way to praise Wayne Hunter...with no mention of OL depth...while discussing changes in.....QB depth.

QB depth killed us this year?

Id rather see Brooks Bollinger back than see a disgruntled employee bad mouthing his employer and co workers to the media. To keep him would be embarassing IMO.
    But you would be all right with a cancer who quits on his team, doesn't attend meetings with the QB, is grossly over paid, is one puff away from a years suspension and is a massively overrated receiver.

So I have that about right?

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    What does Pierce know?

Mcelroy looked good despite his weak arm in limited action last TC, we have nothing at QB behind Mark - I really don't see the brass letting him go, bringing in a vet to toast Sanchez's toes but I think he'll stick as a #3/practice squad.
    Tanny's no fool. Who will replace Mac?

Such an empty gesture; what kind of business sense is that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

I dont see where good guys holding their tongues helped us any during the season.

Though his rookdom might indicate he keep his trap shut...his heart seems to be in the right place, I'll give him that.

I think he talked himself out of a job here, though....

On Fatcessa....Tanny went out of his way to praise Wayne Hunter...with no mention of OL depth...while discussing changes in.....QB depth.

QB depth killed us this year?

What QB depth? Brunell was a wet nurse for Sanchez, nothing more. And this just furthers my point. Tanny praised Hunter. Schotty will be back as OC and the whole organization is looking forward to next season.

IMO the worst thing you can do is bad mouth your current employer or fellow workers no matter what you do for a living. McElroy may have been disappointed but thats like one of our limo drivers telling a client our company doesnt service our stretches or fix the brakes. If we found that out to be true, that driver would be terminated and without a reason.

Besides 32, whats wrong with you? Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking. And nothing happens to Fredo while Ma is still alive.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Antonio Pierce, who I find to be very articulate and inciteful in the handful of times I've heard him on ESPN cite the following about Sanchez that makes him believe our QB will NEVER win a title for us:

* Sanchez is weak in the lockerroom - even for a third year QB. He said Brady in his third year would have put Holmes in his place back in mid season.

* Sanchez is obviously NOT ALLOWED to throw anything over 15 yards down the field because of poor downfield accuracy. He said our QB had better accuracy at USC".

* McElroy will be cut - you can bet on it. It's a shame because he came from a winnning program using a "pro style" offense by a "pro style" HC, but, the way of the NFL is to cut critics - even if it hurts your team".
    Hey Freud; your slip is showing.

Ever thing that maybe the kid knows what he's doing and doesn't want to be with a dysfunctional organization?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    All of these morons come out when we lose. What a joke!!
    They have been waiting for this since rex took over. when we bounce back next year they will be silent once again.

Jets Insider VIP
    What QB depth? Brunell was a wet nurse for Sanchez, nothing more. And this just furthers my point. Tanny praised Hunter. Schotty will be back as OC and the whole organization is looking forward to next season.

IMO the worst thing you can do is bad mouth your current employer or fellow workers no matter what you do for a living. McElroy may have been disappointed but thats like one of our limo drivers telling a client our company doesnt service our stretches or fix the brakes. If we found that out to be true, that driver would be terminated and without a reason.

Besides 32, whats wrong with you? Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking. And nothing happens to Fredo while Ma is still alive.

It is also indicative of REX not haveing a handle on the team. A 3rd string QB did not feel unconfortable with that type of interview. Just like all the bad plays; off sides; ints;fumbles; etc nothoing will be done to the culprit. REX only praises the culprit rather then fix their wagons. He is the problem at this time. He apparently took a jon when he was fporced to take a coach he did not want. now its come back to haunt him. He has to get his pride back and do something productive.

Thafact we have players talking to the media; players giving the media the finger. other guys ripping teammates is making the JETS look weak and like laughing stocks of the NFL. Its tough to talk with fans of other teams because they are feeling porky and need a rap in the snot locker!

Jets Insider VIP
    3 years from now this will be long forgotten, The sun rises tomorrow and the Jets are practucing for the exhibition. Sanchez will settle in positive vibes and they will work ouy.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

+ a million!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    3 years from now this will be long forgotten, The sun rises tomorrow and the Jets are practucing for the exhibition. Sanchez will settle in positive vibes and they will work ouy.
    Agree with everything you said, but the NFL is a predictable business. Im sure nobody is beating up Rex more than Rex right now. Imagine how he must feel putting himself out there for the team that wasn't there.

IDK about Nacho and still have mixed feelings about his ability to be a franchise QB. Get Rex the new coaches he needs on all sides of the ball, let them bring in their guys, give Cappy T a calculator and a checkbook to go new player shopping and get back to The Art of War.

Agree on all fronts. The Soooner we get a backup plan at QB the Better.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Links or it never happened.
    BS "Keifer Sutherland"(all of us here on LI are on the "honor system" if you dont know)

But, this one time only: ESPN radio 1050 4:30-4:45pm 1/6/12

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Agree on all fronts. The Soooner we get a backup plan at QB the Better.
    A real back up at Center wouldn't hurt either. Robbie Felix? Colin Baxter? Seriously?