Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESPN Pierce: "Sanchez will never win a SB/McElroy will be cut - guaranteed"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    McElroy may have been disappointed but thats like one of our limo drivers telling a client our company doesnt service our stretches or fix the brakes. If we found that out to be true, that driver would be terminated and without a reason.
    No doubt the driver would be fired, but as a client....I would choose another Limo company....and live.

So...as a client, why would I have a problem with the driver?

The Limo company values "omerta" over my safety. WTF is that about.

That is the life of a Jet fan.

-

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't chimed in in awhile but enough is enough:

Antonio Pierce is a relatively inarticulate ex-player that has never and I mean never contributed anything to the World of Sports journalism.

People: Stop. Step back from the ledge. How many of these "Antonio Pierce"-type of "sportscasters" or whatever he is first said the following.. "Tim Tebow Sucks". Then, after the Broncos with some outstanding defense, some key plays by Tebow and a soft schedule, went on a bit of a run said the following "Tim Tebow is a playmaker and is really a great QB"?

How many? Most of these shills. Like sheep being led to slaughter..they all followed suit. How many are recanting their words as the Broncos dropped three in a row? Badly.

Sports (and the rest of) journalism survives on the flavor-of the-minute. Are you not intelligent enough to see and know this?

How many deep passes did Sanchez complete last year to Braylon alone? In clutch moments? In playoff games?

* Sanchez will never be consistent enough with EVERYTHING on the line.

Really Antonio? Has been pretty consistent the previous 2 years. Not great but pretty solid.

* Sanchez is weak in the lockerroom - even for a third year QB. He said Brady in his third year would have put Holmes in his place back in mid season.

Really Antonio? Were you in the Jets locker room? Would you say that Eli is a big-time locker-room leader? What? No? Hmmm..but he's in the playoffs this year and threw 25 picks last year while describing himself as an elite QB? Why didn't you pile on him then? Oh, because you're not bold enough to have your own actual thoughts? And too much of a pansy if you actually did have them to express them? Get in line with the other sheep for the slaughter.

* Sanchez is obviously NOT ALLOWED to throw anything over 15 yards down the field because of poor downfield accuracy. He said our QB had better accuracy at USC".

Uh Huh. An excellent astute analysis. Let's see how rattled Mark has been this year and how gun-shy he became after getting killed by DeMarcus Ware in week 1. He's a human being and clearly regressed this year with the following: Weak O-line play. Weak running game. Lack of synch with new receivers. Read that sentence again. This is not some overly complex reality. The Jets, without a pre-season, made some assumptions that did not pan out and finished at 8-8. A big mouth coach who tried his best to pump them up and failed and an oft-injured and aging defense that only produced great results sporadically.

As far as McElroy, he had this to say:

* McElroy will be cut - you can bet on it. It's a shame because he came from a winnning program using a "pro style" offense by a "pro style" HC, but, the way of the NFL is to cut critics - even if it hurts your team".

I'll make an even more accurate guarantee, Antonio: McElroy will not be cut. He will be given a chance in the pre-season and will emerge as our #2. Write it down. He's actually got the goods. Guaranteed. And he's the only one with enough balls to say something.

Just watch. Rex will make some adjustments and, being kicked while down, will take it upon himself to get his team back together. Regardless of all of the media drivel-take a look at the Ravens players who surrounded Rex after the Oct 2nd game. Players love to play for him and WILL play for him. I'm well aware that the Jets, like most teams, have some weaknesses. If the offense gets back in sync and our D upgrades in a few spots and we have the chance to win a few games early EVERYONE INCLUDING USELESS ANTONIO PIERCE WILL BE ENJOYING A HEAPING PLATE OF CROW.
    Last edited by CTjetfan52; 01-06-2012 at 11:13 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just more piling on by the ESPN bandwagon homers! I wouldn't feed into anything they have to say.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said

"
    Antonio Pierce is a relatively inarticulate ex-player that has never and I mean never contributed anything to the World of Sports journalism.

People: Stop. Step back from the ledge. How many of these "Antonio Pierce"-type of "sportscasters" or whatever he is first said the following.. "Tim Tebow Sucks". Then, after the Broncos with some outstanding defense, some key plays by Tebow and a soft schedule, went on a bit of a run said the following "Tim Tebow is a playmaker and is really a great QB"?

How many? Most of these shills. Like sheep being led to slaughter..they all followed suit. How many are recanting their words as the Broncos dropped three in a row? Badly.

Sports (and the rest of) journalism survives on the flavor-of the-minute. Are you not intelligent enough to see and know this?"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Hey Sooth- great job with the site.

Can't believe you let this sh*t continue.

But nice job with the site.

Except for this sh*t.

But nice job.

Sh*t.

Nice.

Seriously.

_
    _

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah because his former teammate, Eli Manning, commanded the respect of the Giants. Aaaah shucks, way to rewrite history.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no love for Sanchez, which is well documented. But aside from the limitations with his actual physical attributes, I have gained respect for him reading that he played hurt since the Denver game. That's a tough dude.

Neck and Shoulder on your throwing side is brutal.

Additionally, his greatest asset according to everybody is his clutch performance. He does his best with his back to the wall.

The Jets cannot cut him, and barring a secret trade or the signing of Peyton Manning, we have him for at least another year and you have to give him such.

Pressure should be dumped on him in camp. That's how the right way to coach this is. Sign vets, I don't care if it's the McCowns, and have them come into camp then realistically award the starting job to who looks the best in camp, and hopefully the posters on here who attend camp will give us feedback.

Contracts be damned.

Sanchez has demonstrated physical toughness, now let's see the mental resiliency and "clutch," that everybody extols fuel him from this point forward.

Tom Brady still is fueled by not being drafted higher. It still pisses him off. You see that interview last week?

If you can be a hall of famer and still be fueled by doubters and naysayers, then I want to see this kid come in and take control of the whole team and start laying ***** slaps on petulant wideouts and completing 60% of his passes and less stupids.

It really just comes down to that. If he makes that jump, then myself and all other naysayers have to eat a dirt pie.

He's in his pivot year, where he is either the answer or not.

We will still need a better o-line, running game, and alot of depth and speed at both LB and safety to compete next year, but there's not much else to say at this point.

I do believe Tannenbaum is quietly shopping him, as was reported at the beginning of the off-season, but I don't think anybody will eat that contract.

It's bizarre saying a QB's grade is INC after 3 years, but viewing how badly battered he was and how he played over the final quarter of the year hurt and was still throwing it 40 plus times a game, then you have to give him a pass.