Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 72 of 72

Thread: Sources: Posada to retire

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    How about near?


    -
    Only if he buys a ticket.

  2. #62
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Only if he buys a ticket.
    I hope this bitter, throw-away post..... alleviates the pain of your Met-fandom, brother Ernest.

    I understand.

    I do.



  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I hope this bitter, throw-away post..... alleviates the pain of your Met-fandom, brother Ernest.

    I understand.

    I do.


    I am all about the truth, Brother Green. Again bringing the Mets into the discussion. Start a thread on the Mets if you want to discuss them. Bottom line, Piazza, Bench
    Carter
    Fisk

    Simmons


    Parrish


    Sundberg, Posada, Pena



    That is about right.

  4. #64
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I am all about the truth, Brother Green. Again bringing the Mets into the discussion. Start a thread on the Mets if you want to discuss them. Bottom line, Berra, Bench, Gay Piazza

    Fisk
    Munson
    carter
    Posada
    Simmons
    Parrish
    Sundberg, Pena



    That is about right.

    FIXED

  5. #65
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,158
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    FIXED
    You didnt have to.

    Leaving Berra out... spoke volumes about Ernesto's bitter, bitter vendetta.

    No Mackey Sasser...no Todd Hundley?


    Tebow help us all.

    Every one.

    -

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    You didnt have to.

    Leaving Berra out... spoke volumes about Ernesto's bitter, bitter vendetta.

    No Mackey Sasser...no Todd Hundley?


    Tebow help us all.

    Every one.

    -
    How can I judge that who I never saw?

    As far as Sasser, I will say Posada had a better career. Hundley had better best seasons, but did not produce for an extended period of time. Think of him as the Dale Murphy of catchers. You do know who Dale Murphy is, Brother Green?

  7. #67
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    You do know who Dale Murphy is, Brother Green?
    He's Bob Murphy's brother. They named that stadium after him.

    C'mon.

    -

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He's Bob Murphy's brother. They named that stadium after him.

    C'mon.

    -
    That was Jack Murphy. Know your baseball history, Brother Green.

  9. #69
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    That was Jack Murphy. Know your baseball history, Brother Green.
    -






























































































    -

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,377
    Sarchasm

    [sahr-chaz-uhm]
    - noun

    The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

  11. #71
    I'm a Yankees fan and a Posada fan but he is not a hall of famer.

  12. #72
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    7,377
    Sadly the Baseball Hall of Fame became the Baseball Hall of Really Good a long time ago.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us