Thread: Deepthreat Burner!!! WR/Kendall Wright?

Deepthreat Burner!!! WR/Kendall Wright?

Baylor university. He would come in and start instantly as the #1 WR for Sanchez!!!! Jets could tradeout of #16 to around 22 or 23 and still get him prob? Get another pick too.

This guy is a blazer and we could do with a deep threat like him. But I think round 3 onwards is a better value spot to pick him. There are about 4 or 5 WRs rated above him.

Kendall 5'10 190+ lbs has 4.3 speed with 101 receptions last yr for 1,572 yds and 14 Td's. This guy can flatout fly! Mike Wallace pt# 2!!!

He would be a nice 3rd round pick! ...which means he'll probably go in the second.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    He would be a nice 3rd round pick! ...which means he'll probably go in the second.
    Will most likely be the third or fourth WR off the board. At this point I can't really even being there in the second round for us. Juries Wright is probably a more realistic option.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

considering they're likely to keep Holmes one of the Arkansas WR's in rounds 3 maybe 4 are better value....

Quote Originally Posted by Come Back to NY View Post
    considering they're likely to keep Holmes one of the Arkansas WR's in rounds 3 maybe 4 are better value....
    What do you think about Tommy Streeter from Miami? What round is he going in?

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    What do you think about Tommy Streeter from Miami? What round is he going in?
    as early as the 2nd as late as the 4th depending on how he runs....he's the receiver version of former Hurricane TE Jimmy Graham- lots of potential but minimal football experience....

getting back to Wright- did a lot of B12/Baylor this morning and the guy is terrific- a lot to like about his game:focus, consistent hands, downfield burst, route running, run after catch ...but if the Jets looked in his direction in round one and don't resign Burress, their top three receivers will all measure under 5'11''....short QB throwing to short receivers in the northeast is not a good combo...

All League
    as early as the 2nd as late as the 4th depending on how he runs....he's the receiver version of former Hurricane TE Jimmy Graham- lots of potential but minimal football experience....

getting back to Wright- did a lot of B12/Baylor this morning and the guy is terrific- a lot to like about his game:focus, consistent hands, downfield burst, route running, run after catch ...but if the Jets looked in his direction in round one and don't resign Burress, their top three receivers will all measure under 5'11''....short QB throwing to short receivers in the northeast is not a good combo...
    Agreed. Kendall Wright would only make sense if we actively ship Holmes out of NY (and we pickup a tall counter part like Braylon, Meachem, VJ, etc).

If we intend to go into 2012 with Holmes, Kerley, etc...I'd much rather look at a different position than WR @ 16 (assuming Jeffrey/Floyd are off the board).

What about Turner? I think he is developing.

I usually all over the small guys as I was one of them a long time ago. This year I have surrendered to reality. I think realistically best he could do is mid 2nd. Fact is he will be devalued because there is a lot of speedy small guys here and a lot of talent guys who are taller. This is a pretty deep class for WR IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetsOptimist View Post
    What about Turner? I think he is developing.
    agreed- and he's a terrific special teams player- but he's never going to be anything more than a #5 WR....

Hall Of Fame
    Is he going to be throwing the ball to himself?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Is he going to be throwing the ball to himself?

C'mon now, lol

TonyPauline Tony Pauline
    Area scouts & sources tell me Kendall Wright/WR/Baylor ranks as the #1 wide out on #NFLDraft boards for a lot of teams:

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    TonyPauline Tony Pauline
    Area scouts & sources tell me Kendall Wright/WR/Baylor ranks as the #1 wide out on #NFLDraft boards for a lot of teams:
    whether we agree with it or not the NFL draft often becomes about speed dictating value.

as a group the 'top 3' of Jeffery, Floyd, and Blackmon don't have great speed. Wright would likely smoke all 3 in a footrace.

The Jets need an offensive linemen. Take one or two away from New England offensive.That will weaken their offense. Take one or two from their defense. It all comes down to this, choose the best player on the board. If the best player in the 2012 draft happens to be a QB, take him. Sanchez may boo hoo about it.That just too bad. Business is business. Send him to the redskins. The Jets have already played them.They won't be seeing them for another four years, but in the mean time the Giants defense can take care of Sanchez's unworthy butt.
    Last edited by GangGreen1941; 01-15-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: To remove text

Veteran
    agreed- and he's a terrific special teams player- but he's never going to be anything more than a #5 WR....
    why? was does Pax have on him other than 12lbs and a resume'. Personally, I think they're grooming him to fill Plax's role in the offense.

Normally I'd agree, but DeSean Jackson is 5'10 and Maclin is listed as 6'0 (I doubt it) and they are pretty dangerous with Vick (listed as 6'0).