Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 149

Thread: D. Thomas - 1st rnd WR pick. Jets? ....

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109

    D. Thomas - 1st rnd WR pick. Jets? ....

    Look at this weekend.


    Nicks - 1st round Giants pick. 2 TDS. lots of yards.

    Megatron - 2000 yards and 2 TDs yesterday. 1st round pick.

    Thomas today.... etc

    Meachem yesterday

    Titus Young, 2nd round

    etc etc

    You see where I'm going with this.

    WE NEED TO DRAFT A BEAST

  2. #2
    You still need a QB to throw the dam ball.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,761
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    You still need a QB to throw the dam ball.
    Jets need a Tebow. I hope Sanchez was watching this game. He should be embarrassed.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    You still need a QB to throw the dam ball.
    True ... But you know we ain't drafting a QB this year.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    You still need a QB to throw the dam ball.
    No sh*t sherlock. Let's throw this thread off topic too.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    No sh*t sherlock. Let's throw this thread off topic too.
    Then why discuss or draft a WR? The results wont be diferent.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Then why discuss or draft a WR? The results wont be diferent.
    Cause we're bound to Sanchez for better or worse in the immediate future. Let's complain about being stuck breathing oxygen too while you're at it. Lots we can do about that. and let's just stop evaluating every other position too since you're mad about our QB. sounds like a plan.

    This draft we can afford it, and we're in a place to potentially snag Floyd. Talk about that.

  8. #8
    successful QB's have a great working relationship with their HC (Montana/Walsh, Brady/Belly, Favre/Holmgreen, Breed/Payton, etc)..Unfortunately, Rex knows nothing about football. So I'd say yes, get Sanchez a Legit #1 Stud WR. Matt Ryan has two and a hall of fame TE! He's not thaty good. Sanchez will be VERY good if you give him more weapons.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    Then why discuss or draft a WR? The results wont be diferent.
    LOL. You're either:

    A. A miserable **** of a Jets fan.

    or

    B. Doing it on purpose because you're a miserable **** of a person.

    C. Both - is an option as well.

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,274
    The guy in my sig is such a beast.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Cause we're bound to Sanchez for better or worse in the immediate future. Let's complain about being stuck breathing oxygen too while you're at it. Lots we can do about that. and let's just stop evaluating every other position too since you're mad about our QB. sounds like a plan.

    This draft we can afford it, and we're in a place to potentially snag Floyd. Talk about that.
    I disagree Sanchez has 1 foot on a banana peel here.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    LOL. You're either:

    A. A miserable **** of a Jets fan.

    or

    B. Doing it on purpose because you're a miserable **** of a person.

    C. Both - is an option as well.
    Neither.......factually speaking check the 2011 WR stats here.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    The guy in my sig is such a beast.
    So close and yet so far.

    He is going to go #2 to Rams. They are going to be good.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Look at this weekend.


    Nicks - 1st round Giants pick. 2 TDS. lots of yards.

    Megatron - 2000 yards and 2 TDs yesterday. 1st round pick.

    Thomas today.... etc

    Meachem yesterday

    Titus Young, 2nd round

    etc etc

    You see where I'm going with this.

    WE NEED TO DRAFT A BEAST
    Forget Floyd,who's your huckleberry.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    successful QB's have a great working relationship with their HC (Montana/Walsh, Brady/Belly, Favre/Holmgreen, Breed/Payton, etc)..Unfortunately, Rex knows nothing about football. So I'd say yes, get Sanchez a Legit #1 Stud WR. Matt Ryan has two and a hall of fame TE! He's not thaty good. Sanchez will be VERY good if you give him more weapons.
    Agreed we need to give Sanchez more weapons. Draft TR in the first if available and a speedy WR in the mid rounds. If he's not available then Floyd and LaMichael James later.

  16. #16
    Megatron and Justin Blackmon - top 5 picks. Do you want to trade up again?

    We can get blackmon then, have no 2nd or 3rd round picks, then everyone can complain that we don't have enough backup lineman when mangold misses 2 games.

    Demarious Thomas has been healthy for about 5 games his entire career, is that who you want with your first round pick?

    For every awesome 1st round pick WR, there is another one that comes from the 4th round or after...its not a smart value pick.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Megatron and Justin Blackmon - top 5 picks. Do you want to trade up again?

    We can get blackmon then, have no 2nd or 3rd round picks, then everyone can complain that we don't have enough backup lineman when mangold misses 2 games.

    Demarious Thomas has been healthy for about 5 games his entire career, is that who you want with your first round pick?

    For every awesome 1st round pick WR, there is another one that comes from the 4th round or after...its not a smart value pick.
    No. that's wrong. Nicks wasn't the first WR taken that draft. There not ALL the #1 WR taken. We don't need to trade up.

    Your argument about for everyone blah blah taken is valid at EVERY position in football.

    That's a terrible rebuttle. We need to stop picking through the NFL's recycle bin of WRs and develop our own.
    Last edited by Paradis; 01-08-2012 at 08:32 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    No. that's wrong. Nicks wasn't the first WR taken that draft. Neither was 3/4 of the guys here. We don't need to trade up.

    Your argument about for everyone blah blah taken is valid at EVERY position in football.

    That's a terrible rebuttle. We need to stop picking the NFL's recycle bin of WRs and develop our own.
    I'd take so many players with our first pick. I'd rather NOT trade up, unless it's for someone who was not supposed to be there, and will help the team IMMEDIATELY.

  19. #19
    good thread. i agree.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,274
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    So close and yet so far.

    He is going to go #2 to Rams. They are going to be good.
    More than likely. Although they need OL help to protect Bradford or he'll be dead before he has a chance to develop any chemistry with Blackmon.

    By the way, looks like Jeff Fisher is leaning towards the Rams.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us